Which is the best G36k AEG

Shrike6

I need a recommendation for the best manufacturer of the G36k AEG. I have a boneyard G36k from an unknown manufacturer that is not up to snuff at all for the 3,000 rd drum mags I'm running through it as an MG36k. I'd be powering it with 7.4 lipos. 

I've heard poor reviews of the Ares/Umarex models, so alternatives would be appreciated. 

Is that possible? I remember trying it, and a standard V3 doesn't fit inside a Umarex/S&T/Ares body...

Anyways, despite it's popularity, current top airsoft G36Ks are in a sorry state with no clear winners without modification:

TM recoil: typical good Marui performace and reliability out-of-the-box, uses standard mags, but underpowered without modification for usual US fps. Bad ABS plastic externals, but nothing that krylon can't solve...

Umarex/S&T/Ares. Nice realistic body disassembly and barrel. Performance problems due to bad QC (needs internal work) and not very rigid design. Some parts are not like real steel (handguard, flashhider)

Personally, I think the best option is using as a base an old STAR/ARES or CA36, and modify it with an Army Code, CA or G&G steel barrel base ($$$ and difficult to find) and other parts. You get the best compromise, sturdy polymer/steel externals and standard TM parts compatibility.

However, all the models above have unrealistic or toy-looking fakeish external details (selectors, markings...), I hope that VFC releases someday an AEG version of its almost perfect G36K GBB...

This one.

Which I might / might not be selling, and I'm not advertising it here at all, cause that wouldn't be allowed as this isn't the classified section, but like, TM next-gen recoil.

DSC04496.jpg

but, again, I'm like totally not advertising it here, like at all. 

This gun's pretty good. 

*for more information please visit classified section. 

If you are not fussed about markings then go with the JG, they are solid guns, I have been running one for several years with no issues. (in fact i have had three JG G36s at one point) really cannot fault them.

Archived