Judging Reactions on New Kit

weno

Hello everyone i am new to this forum and i am trying to judge interests and opinions of airsoft goers..Here is a quick low down on me...

I am a movie prop and replica maker and i am currently building a new gun replica for a few people and i wanna get some opinions and comments.. Right now i was commissioned to make some Beretta M93R Robocop conversion kits.. The person who sparked my interest wants it full metal.. Which i am doing.. i decided to make a conversion kit for the KSC Gas Airsoft gun. I am making these parts here in metal. 

Compensator

Sight

Outer Barrel

Grips will NOT be metal but i will be making them.. 

Now here is some Photos of my 3d models which i am getting machined right now.. I wanted to show everyone so you can see how its coming along.. If you notice my outer barrel is Super Long. Its this way because i am making a 1 piece metal barrel. As i said this is for a Robocop Auto 9 not a Robocop / Beretta M93R .. so it wont be two pieces (which i have never seen done yet) . 

For my outer barrel it will be a Direct Replacement for the KSC Barrel meaning you take the components like inner barrel and pins and such and move them over to my barrel so you can still fire pellets through this gun.  

Im not sure on how many of these kits i will be making yet. I have a list of people interested in these and i will make enough for people interested just not sure how many extras.. So i wanna hear everyones opinion in this new take on a old gun and see who is interested also.. im curious on how many of these i should make!

post-98527-0-74922400-1404704098_thumb.jpg

post-98527-0-30022000-1404704100_thumb.jpg

post-98527-0-25289400-1404704101_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My question would be how many KSC berettas keep going out, if you make the kit for a niche gun you will get a niche market; I have the WE large beretta with a compensator that is half the length of your kit, has  no auto but makes the job for looks, also as you are researching, maybe a custom holster will help you sell this kit.

Nice job and sure the PDI custom inner barrels can convert your converted KSC into a really enjoyable submachine gun.

this isnt really for any other gun.. this is just soley for people who collect guns or movie items and want a direct replica of the robocop gun. so far have a list of 8 people who want one.. once i make these that will be it.. i am just trying to make a nice set of parts to convert a m93r (which is any airsoft manufacturers model who makes a m93r not just ksc) so people can have a collectible.. not really for skirmish or anything. as a prop maker i dont make items for everyday use i make props for movies.. im not trying to sell a bunch just offer a nice collectible for people who are interested .. these will come with a plaque for limited numbers.. 

the only thing i want to makes sure of is which version of the KSC M93r does this fit? if it will fit the system 7 version (the one with the plastic instead of the metal loading nozzle), people can buy these for the KWA M93r as well.

being that the KWA and KSC system 7 M93r is not a bad gun and is scrimmage reliable (with periodic replacement of the burst ratchet bar thingy), and you can sell the kit for less than $600, you should be able to find some buyers.

creation has a kit available:

http://www.creation-airsoft.com/news_detail.php?id=63

http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/shop/creation-auto-9-cnc-aluminium-kit-for-ksc-m93riisystem-7-p-10444.html?cPath=1_18_191

if you check that kit out there is two issues with it.. 

1. Its not available anywheres anymore

2. its not a DIRECT COPY. I .E . i have seen one of the original Robocop guns and i took direct measurements off of it. So this is a DIRECT copy.. for my industry people look for identical props.. thats what this is.. 

As for your other question what guns will it fit. i believe my gun in picture is version 7. i have a plastic slide on my gun.. the actual Compensator will fit ANY M93R as long as its full size.. the outerbarrel will fit any gun that has the same outer barrel. i uploaded my 3d model of my outer barrel i am making.. if its the same fitting it will fit.. 

Also that kit has a short two piece barrel my kit is a 1 piece barrel. 

As for price it will be $500 .. i am not gonna be selling this forever .. i will make what ever i have in demand and thats it. and i am machining it ONE time.. i have 10 people interested and i need 2 for me and 3 for another client so thats 15 so far.. so if anyone wants these i need to know soon.. 

Archived