Best way to carry aep mags

Snoop-Uk

Been putting some options together for me and found some ways that work but want to see how other people manage.

For long mags found a dual mp5 pouch has enough space for 2 mags and a pistol speed loader this reduces flop and chance of breakage.

8ytatyhe.jpg

8enesyge.jpg

Next one is for those ANNOYING stick mags and I find this works well for me.

Basically standard electrical trunking 26mm by 20mm I believe with end caps to push the mags up. Height wise they just peak over the top of m4 mag pouches then. Also dead easy cut down.

Flaps wise basically did on mine was Velcro strips but thinking 20mm elastic may be more secure.ydaza5e6.jpg

zyvyha5u.jpg

Hmm...no more Photobucket?

Just image search Condor Double Pistol Mag Pouch.

You can just see that there is an extra horizontal strap above each of the mag pocket on this Condor pouch. I assume it is to support the cover flap, but I can slide my AEP mags under that and they are more secure than normal pistol mags. Seems like you could fairly easily retrofit most pouches with something similar.

Prior to that I was keeping them in my MOLLE. They are a pretty tight fit you just have to craft something to keep them from sliding out the bottom. I used tape to make little pockets under the bottom MOLLE strap.

Archived