Lining up the Pinion Gear with Bevel Gear?

xrayhead

Hi Guy's

I recently got hold of a Dytec body with G&P gearbox and for some reason decided to pull the gearbox apart (cant remember why). I managed to break the trigger spring when putting it back together etc, etc!

Anyway I did a bunch of Youtube video's and worked out how it all went back together, I soldered a new DEANS onto it and tested it out. I will point out that I was advised to buy a 11.1v Lipo so that's what I tested it with, it seemed to work fine for about a minute then I got a wearing/crunching noise and the piston stopped going back and forward.

I stripped it down again I I noticed there is a lot of wear on the Pinion gear as if it was not engaged correctly and coursed it to slip? Do I need to line this up somehow with the bevel gear?

Her's a couple of shots of the gearbox.

14392575909_119142df9a.jpg

14392556898_99d98f761a.jpg

14578411372_cdace939bb.jpg

Just to let you know, these pictures where taken before I put it back together and had the issues

Going to have a problem figuring what went wrong then. Nothing is immediately jumping out as being a problem.  

Also, you should use a mosfet when using 11.1v batteries.

Going to have a problem figuring what went wrong then. Nothing is immediately jumping out as being a problem.  

Also, you should use a mosfet when using 11.1v batteries.

Unfortunately I was messing around with this before I really had any knowledge on AEG gearbox's and Airsoft guns in general. I've learnt a lot in 2/3 weeks, one thing being I don't need to run a 11.1v for a wile yet! Just going to enjoy playing Airsoft and maybe mess with some guns latter in the year!

Archived