TMC Sport Gear Armour and Vest's

xrayhead

Hi Guy's

I've been looking for a light weight Plate carrier and came across someone selling a TMC Sport Gear vest. I can't get any information on it and was hoping someone here maybe owned one or has in the past.

There website is here: http://www.tmcsportgears.com/#!armor/cykd

I'm currently using a Warrior RICAS and it's way to over kill for me, I'm not 6 foot tall so the vest sits very low near to my waist line and I would prefer a vest that sits higher and dose not weigh the same as a baby elephant! The TMC caught my eye as it looks similar to a couple of plate carriers that some guy's where wearing last weekend at my local site.

A couple of other plate carriers I was also looking at were the  CONDOR CYCLONE and CONDOR OPERATOR. The other thing I don't like about the WAS is its a pain in the *albatross* to take on and off :-(

Any recommendations or help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Here's what I currently have, as said its over kill for what I need..

th_WASPlateCarry3_zps00473c08.jpg

TMC are a fairly popular brand and whilst I havn't owned one myself I'm sure they are good enough for skirmishing. 

Its worth thinking about what you need to carry on you then choosing a rig. If you don't like the WAS then it may be worth  considering something other then a plate carrier. Whilst you can get some "low profile" ones - most cover a large part of your body's surface area which isn't great in hot weather, and whisper it, feeling your hits... 

TMC are a fairly popular brand and whilst I havn't owned one myself I'm sure they are good enough for skirmishing. 

Its worth thinking about what you need to carry on you then choosing a rig. If you don't like the WAS then it may be worth  considering something other then a plate carrier. Whilst you can get some "low profile" ones - most cover a large part of your body's surface area which isn't great in hot weather, and whisper it, feeling your hits... 

Still finding my feet TBO, the WAS was a snap purchase as I just needed to get up and running, I defiantly want to stick with the plate carrier option as I like the way they fit, just want to go lighter. The image above was from the seller and I took a lot of the molle pouches off but very good point about the "need to carry"..

you want to be looking for something along the Crye JPC/AVS / LBT 6094 angle by the sound of it.

Smaller rigs, all with clones (iirc there are AVS clones, the others definitely).  The WAS DCS is a good option closer to the 6094, and likely to be available in good nick second hand in the UK if you're inclined that way.

The position of the pistol is going to get in the way of your arms. Best to have it mounted so that all of the pistol, is within the area of the vest (that is assuming you'd copy that set-up entirely). If you can, maybe try on other peoples vests before a skirmish (maybe not a great idea after a skirmish)? That would give you a hands on experience on what fits your body type better.

I like to wear a battle belt for hot days and for cooler/winter games a lbt6094, as the length suits me fine. With the 6094, even when am sitting down, it doesn't dig into my legs when am taking a knee a squating.

Edited for clarity (well, there's a chance it makes more sense now).

Another vote for you to consider the WAS DCS route. Significantly less restrictive than the RICAS you currently have. As and when, I am hoping to replace by black RICAS and my coyote tan RICAS Compact with the DCS in their respective colours.

Another vote for you to consider the WAS DCS route. Significantly less restrictive than the RICAS you currently have. As and when, I am hoping to replace by black RICAS and my coyote tan RICAS Compact with the DCS in their respective colours.

This one?  

DCSDA556mmPlateCarrier_zpsee8b2ace.png

That video really gets around...

The DCS is far more in line with the designs used in the best modern PCs, the most popular of which are largely used by SF and contractors rather than conventional military due to having a lot less soft armour.  When you're 'softing and have no need for blast/frag protection a DCS type design is certainly the way to go I've found and most people out there who've tried various designs would probably agree.  Look up design like the Crye JPC, Mayflower APC and FirstSpear AAC to see a bit more of what I mean.

The trend in airsoft used to be to wear the full-coverage type armour carriers because that's largely all there was about 7-8 years ago, the fashionable rig at the time was the Eagle CIRAS and WAS coped it to make their 'RICAS' in an oh-so-subtle fashion.  Luckily design and material technology has moved on a lot since then.

Dam that looks real light weight!!  :D

Just get that one. It's quality material and won't cost you an arm and a leg. It's not as Gucci as an actual LBT6094 but it basically does the same. Also, it's of better quality than the Condor stuff (although that is not rubbish either). 

I bought one a couple of months ago. I'm 1,78m and the bottom of the vest is just above my belly button when standing up. No digging into legs or what have you when kneeling. 

The only gripe I have with it is that WAS's Molle cargo pack is too long for it so it protrudes about two inches from the bottom of the back when attached. But I guess that comes with the high-ride design. 

I think the above 2 posts sum it all up extremely well.

I have to apologise to the LBT fans out there, but I'd take the DCS before a 6094 for airsofting.  There's no spacer mesh inside the LBT rig so every drop of sweat's just going to build up and sit in there, you'll be soggy as after a few hours skirmishing even if it's not that hot, let alone in the summer.  The stuff that lines the inside of the DCS facilitates more air flow.

The FS cummerbund is certainly a nice luxury to have on there I'll say that, but I should probably highlight that it costs as much as some entire PCs (not replica kit either) and that's before you have it shipped from the US and pay VAT.

It is a great upgrade that I'd recommend to anyone with a PC that has the open channel at the back to fit it, first skirmish day you run it you will notice a huge difference.  But the standard cummerbund on the DCS is far from bad, quality wise it'll probably out-last the user.

Archived