AG36 for the TM G36K Recoil Shock?

Hey guys, new to Arnie's, not so new to airsoft.

I'm looking at buying a TM G36K recoil shock and would like to slap an AG36 on it, but I am having a hell of a time finding an AG36 that isn't S&T/Umarex. To make things more difficult, I don't even know what brand of AG36 would fit. According to the only person I could find with a TM G36K/AG36 the S&T needs a lot of modification to fit. I know ARES and STAR used to make AG36 launchers, but I can't find any in stock anywhere, and I still don't know if they would fit. What are my options?

I'm tempted to, but I'm not confident in my modification skills. I'm afraid I'll screw it up and be out $150, or maybe even damage the G36. My only source on fitting the S&T says that the handguard pins don't match and require drilling, and the metal barrel guide on the inside of the handgard needs to be filed down. There's also the possibility that I won't be able to attach any other handguards after tapping the new pins--severely limiting any modularity. 

For some strange reason I can't seem to find any CA launchers here in Japan. 

Sorry to double-post.....is there no edit button? I can't find it...

Anyway, It looks like eHobbyAsia has the ARES in stock. I think that should fit.....only problem is I don't have a credit card :(

....aaaaaand a Japanese blog claims the ARES won't fit either (mainly battery issues). I'm starting to wonder if these guys even know what they're doing...

What specific mods did this guy do?

Thinking about the issues mentioned; the star/ares and CA (presumably the s&t) will need filing down to accomodate the extra width of the flash hider. An easy job.

as the other I'm not sure although the ag36 foregrip pin is shorter to accomodate the leaf sight.

as for the batteries - the ag36 doesn't have room for a standard mini size battery. I use a stick-style battery but it is a pain to insert.

My first AG36 was a second hand star. The owner had made a custom nunchuck with a plug inside one of the bottom foregrip holes so you could charge without removing the battery which was pretty cool.

Oh boy, battery issues. I was hoping not to get more batteries since the high-MaH smalls/sticks cost 4x more than they should and are unreliable. I've had 4 completely die on me and two spontaneously combust. This is pushing me further towards the WE G39K but I still have reservations about that....

The info I got was from a Japanese blog and it didn't go into any detail. He just said he had to drill holes for the pins--I'm assuming he means drilling holes into the body of the TM; I've never seen a G36 AEG sans handguard so I don't really know. The filing of the metal part had to have been for the flash hider to fit. 

I ran a STAR AG36 on my TM G36KA2 shakey-shakey rifle a few years back.
The only modification that had to be made was to remove a small portion of the black plastic bit on the G36, that cups the *badger*s (if you will) of the battery in the rear of the handguard compartment.

I ran mine with LiPo batteries inside the AG36 handguard. Do keep in mind that you will also need a small barrel extension (2-3cm or so) to make the flash hider clear of the handguard.

PC067079.jpg

PC067078.jpg

@Revengeful lobster: if you like the WE G39, don't worry about winter.

I've skirmished mine in winter, and it works.

Just don't go full auto too long, and you'll be fine.

:)

If only I could find one with the carry-handle/scope. I really loved that part about the TM when I took one for a test-drive. How heavy are the mags? WE M4 mags are heavier than the real thing loaded with 30 live rounds.

Depending on how anal you are you will want a shorter barrel extension then one shown above... the flash hider should be roughly flush with the barrel of the launcher and you will need to feel down the lug accordingly... 

http://cfs6.blog.daum.net/image/34/blog/2008/01/15/19/14/478c87974ec04&filename=AG36%20gunner%20from%20Kampfschwimmer%20during%20the%20training[1].jpg

http://world.guns.ru/userfiles/images/grenade/gl17/ag36-1.jpg

http://www.hkpro.com/g36klauncher.jpg

Archived