P226 Takedown

amateurstuntman

Hello there, this is my third attempt at this thread since my photo hosting has gone caput twice.

Village Photos and iimmgg both died, so much for the cloud eh?

The original is here:

http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/102841-p226-lower-frame-and-mag-strip/

It has some interesting questions and answers in it if you are having problems...

So, starting from scrach:
P2261_zpsd7cf7f1b.jpg

Remove the magazine.

Field strip

Rotate the dissassembly lever down and push the slide forwards off the frame.
P2262_zps91ffcf1e.jpg

P2263_zps69e44a84.jpg

Push the recoil rod and spring forward then pull it out and down to remove.
Same drill for the barrel.
P2264_zpsa6a3805e.jpg

That will leave you with this:
P2265_zps2bdd0053.jpg

Remove the inner barrel from the outer.  It just pulls out, on some aftermarket outer barrels the inner is really stiff but it does just
pull out.
P2266_zps97ba4082.jpg6

If you choose to pull the inner barrel assembly apart to change the hop rubber then it is just a matter of removing these two screws.
P2267_zps450269a3.jpg

Slide

To strip the slide you must first remove these two screws that hold on the rear sight.
P2268_zps09dd84f9.jpg

Once they are off you then gently pull apart the two sides of the slide and pull the blow back mechanism out of the slide.

Be careful, a pin will spring out when you do

P2269_zpsd00e705d.jpg

The pin came out of here.
P22610_zps81394944.jpg

This is what it looks like when it is in the blow back mechanism i.e. this is how it has to go back in when you re-assemble.
P22611_zpsdcae1b6d.jpg

If you wish to disassemble the nozzle further then you need to undo the tiny screw at the top of the picture, if you want to change the
piston head it is at the bottom of the picture.
P22612_zps41625ad3.jpg

Re-assembly is the reverse.
When you re-assemble, the pin that sprung out earlier goes back in like this then you poke it in and push down on the blow back mechanism
at the same time.
P22613_zps869bbaf2.jpg

Frame

To strip the frame we start with the left grip, two screws removes it.
P22614_zps6ac1ba03.jpg

You will then see the decocker, it looks like this.
P22615_zpsd0e26bdd.jpg
If it does not look like that it is broken.

Then you flip the weapon over and undo the two screws on the right hand side.
P22616_zps777232d0.jpg

You then need to remove the little spring that holds the trigger bar up into the correct position, this is it in the correct position.
P22617_zps329ceede.jpg

Push up and back on the recoil spring block to remove it.
P22618_zps72c52513.jpg

Push the take-down lever through the body to activate the safety then push the detente down with something and push the lever all the way
through.
P22619_zpsdb872c6c.jpg

Undo this screw.
P22620_zps12a5a6e3.jpg

Remove this screw.
P22621_zps46f7b70c.jpg

Push these two pins out.
P22622_zps1b7108be.jpg

This is them out relative to their holes.
P22623_zps7103a375.jpg

Lift the trigger mechanism and hammer assembly out, watch out for the two circled bits, they have a tendency to jump out.
P22624_zps311c9812.jpg

These bits, a spring and the valve knocker disconnecter.
P22625_zps9f7b0d3f.jpg

If the valve knocker disconnecter does pop out this is how it goes back in.
P22626_zpsee2c429b.jpg
P22627_zps6e4a3734.jpg

Hammer mechanism

To split the hammer mechanism down you need to undo these two screws.
P22628_zps59db0c73.jpg

They are different lengths, make sure they go back in the right holes.
P22629_zps5821c2a7.jpg

Next out are the hammer and hammer sear, the correct orientation of the hammer sear spring in in the photo.
P22630_zps4fab5729.jpg

Once those are out the only bit left in the hammer mechanism is the valve knocker.
It has two springs interacting with it, one inside the mech pushing it down, one outside the mech pulling it back, there are close-ups of
each below.
P22631_zps0b80ffe5.jpg

P22632_zpsaa091bb6.jpg
P22633_zps40276302.jpg

Re-assembly is the reverse.

Trigger assembly

To take down the trigger mech tap out this pin.
P22634_zpsf8c8067b.jpg

You are left with this.
P22635_zps3a088595.jpg

You can take it down further but remember to put it back like this.
P22636_zps0f6dad1a.jpg

No real need to but if you need to take the détente out then tap this pin out and look out for the tiny spring.
P22637_zps6129c7e4.jpg
P22638_zpsa60009a3.jpg

Big pile of bits.
P22639_zpsd39b18b1.jpg

Don't worry re-assembly is the reverse with the following exceptions:

To put the hammer mech back in, put the trigger mech in first then make sure the trigger bar is in this position.
P22640_zpsa92129c6.jpg

Then place the hammer mech in, it won't fit, gently push the slide lock to the side while pushing down on the hammer assembly then pull

the trigger a couple of times while still pushing down on the hammer mech, it will pop in.
Picture.
P22641_zpsdfd9167a.jpg

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV0zsTHCGhI

Some people find it hard to get the hammer spring back in, the notch in the top of the hammer spring guide fits on to a little pin that

goes through the hammer.
Here are some pictures of it to help you find it.

P22642_zps94a451d4.jpg

P22643_zpsf5b2afaf.jpg

P22644_zps53de6890.jpg

Hope that helps, as ever, if you need any help.  Feel free to contact me.

I am sorely dissappointed to find no return of the orange felt tip pen.

But other than that, thank you, I am sure this will prove useful for when I add one to my collection again.

'FireKnife'

Ah, the knackeredoldrunoutorangefelttippedpen

How I miss those old, heady, analogue days.  It's all computer generated these days.

I don't have the original pen any more and I have lost all the original pictures with it.

I have had two separate online photo hosting sites go down on me (fnar) since I did the first takedown guide.

So I guess my superpower is killing image hosting companies.  If anyone has a nemesis who owns an image hosting company then let me know, I'll bankrupt them for you...

Good post.

May I suggest using Google Picasa for image hosting, I would bet that stays around for while :o

I would also like to provide some complementary pictures, even though your guide is great maybe these can help in some way regardless;

Book of Toy Guns Disassembly, Tokyo Marui P226 GBB;

P226%2520-%25201.jpg

P226%2520-%25202.jpg

I hope you guys dont mind me posting this in here but i dont feel it warrants a new thread.

First off, my WE Sig had a broken valve knocker and this guide was spot on in helping me replace it, so thank you for that! Alas my pistol has more issues than i originally thought and i am hoping you guys could help me out.

The pistol does cycle cosinstently, but the slide only moves back far enough to reset the trigger. It does not lock back when empty and it does not pick up a BB from the mag when it cycles. If i cycle it manually so it does pick up a BB, it will fire but the slide will not cycle when it does.

Now i took the BBU apart, none of the parts look terribly worn out nor broken and the slide moves along its rails quite smoothly. The nozzle seems to stick in the hop rubber every now and then but once its loose it jumps back into place without much effort.

I am lost at this point as to what might be causing the failure to feed/cycle propperly and i would really appreciate some input.

It could be a number of things.

What replacement valve-knocker did you fit?

Since you changed that I would focus on that, if it is built to the wrong tolerances it might be under-pressing the magazine button or sticking in the hammer mech.

It could be other things though.

It could be light-striking (hammer not hitting the knocker hard enough).

It could be a poor slide to frame fit causing gas to leak from the between the mag and BBU which would cause weak blowback.

Could be an over-strong recoil spring.

Could be dirt in the mechanisms.

Could be weak gas/cold weather (although probably not in Slovenia at this time of year).

Could be the rocket valve sticking which would send too much gas out the barrel and not enough into the BBU.

Check the slide to frame fit and then clean the entire thing with hot, soapy water. get all the lube off it from all the tiny parts and even in the BBU/hammer mech.

Let it dry then apply a tiny amount of lube to the hammer mech and try again.

Let us know how you get on.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived