Post your wish list for AEG build

xrayhead

I was wondering if anyone had a wish list for an AEG build and if they could add a brief discussion bellow it to why they would go down that route with a build?

I did start putting something together but my knowledge is very limited as still learning  :no:

Ultimate 120 complete gearbox
ASCU gen2 MOSFET 
Madbull hop unit 
6.03 tight bore
ASG Ultimate Infinity U-40000 AEG Motor
AOE corrected

As said still very much researching this (hence the post) so any comments or recommendations would be very much appreciated indeed!

PS: Just to add, this is a pending project! I have an AEG that I'm very happy with at present and I also have a combat machines M4 as a backup as well so looking to take my time with this and taylor it to my needs. Money wise, hmm not really an issue to be honest as long as I can build something special.

Thanks in advance for any help guy's 

I'd have second thoughts over the motor choice. Paid the £70 or so for the high torque Infinity and to put it bluntly it was appalling considering the cost. RPS and trigger response was near as damn it the same as my £25 JG Red high torque. For 400fps plus builds it may have the edge over the JG but for normal sub 350fps aegs it's just a waste of cash.

Also i'd be looking at the Wide bore barrels over a Tight bore. TMs have used the 6.05-6.08 barrels for a long time and their stock range has always been legendary. Similar results have also been achieved with the TK Twist barrel which also is a 6.08. Orga barrels (6.23?) seem to be all the rage at the moment on PTWs when the guns originally had 6.01/6.0 barrels. Only downside I see with this is the need for bigger spring to get the desired fps which means motor and gear choice (high torques over high speed) will need some consideration

Where's that from? It's a pretty awful build list. The G&P M120 isn't even an upgrade motor, there are much better options for trigger response and rate of fire that cost just as much. Prometheus gearbox parts cost a lot without being better than cheaper brands like ZCI or SHS. Same goes for guarder (other than the tappet). Systema low resistance wiring is literally throwing money away, all "low-resistance wiring" from airsoft manufacturers is just a marketing trick (want low resistance wiring? Go buy 16AWG wiring from a hardware store). Ceramic bearings are generally preferable to steel ones and there doesn't seem to be a budget on this build, so Modify or Kanzen would've been better. The supercore piston is another example of a total waste of money, you'd be much better off with a SHS blue or something. For maximum accuracy the gun would be r-hopped, but it isn't. 

Check out this site if you haven't already, it's got lots of guides on standard modifications: http://airsofttutorials.com/

Archived