• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With a few exceptions, this is the business plan of almost all the entire airsoft industry.

Awww yeah.  Super Shorty version incoming  

FPR steel bolt, looks much more realistic than the original, cycles the same as before.   

Posted Images

Vorpal, you should probably abuse your position at /r/airsoft and see if someone can send you a a relatively complete set of 870 internals so you can see what fits. That would be very helpful if these things turn out not to be bulletproof.

Hehe, I could, but verpl don't go that way.

I was planning on pulling apart grandpappy's 870 but unfortunately I've run out of free time in Montana.

I can do an internal inspection when I'm in Minnesota next week though.

Hurr durr... I had to. :o !

I ordered the shorty version, because I like it, looks bad *albatross*. And not a fan of the wood furniture.

However, I also bought parts to be able to switch it up to a full-lenght and full-sized stock M870 :D

With black poly furniture.

I sold my Maruzen M870 full metal custom gun a few years back, kind of regretted it, but this one, it will stay with me until I die :D

• Like 1

I got my shorty from Evike and is not MAP controlled so i got a 21% discount.  Only things that sucks is that I scratched the outer barrel from removing the orange tip and that the manual does not give you information of how you load the co2 into the shells.

Anyone with an iPad should download Gun disassembly 2, awesome app and yes Remington 870 is included... I have disassembled and assembled the 870 several times and I have watched hours of YouTube on the cam870. My cam870 lands within next week and I know everything about it :P

• Like 3

There's a latch on the inside to the left in the reciever that you have to depress to get the arms out from the body;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlWvSCXgz4Q

When in doubt regarding the APS 870, look for RS reference :P

I downloaded that disassembly app for my iPhone, am I stupid or do you actually have to pay for instructions for each weapon ? :o

Edited by NonEx

There's a latch on the inside to the left in the reciever that you have to depress to get the arms out from the body;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlWvSCXgz4Q

When in doubt regarding the APS 870, look for RS reference :P

I downloaded that disassembly app for my iPhone, am I stupid or do you actually have to pay for instructions for each weapon ? :o

I got the bolt out but I had to take out this part out via removing the trigger group.  Did anyone get the bolt out without removing that part?

IMG_0026_zps6de99176.jpg

Hmmm... No idea. Sounds strange if you have to remove the entire trigger group to get the bolt out. Were you just trying to change the fore end or what?

I was trying to remove the fore-end tube assembly but you don't have to remove the bolt when removing the barrel assembly 

well, I know when I get mine the first thing I'll do is disassemble, clean and relube it. So I can see wanting to take it apart to its individual groups. Strange that there seems to be a bolt retainer though, normally the carrier and bolt should just slide out on top of the charging arms. But removing the trigger guard first makes the process easier even on the real one, and that's how Ive always done it in the past.

Edited by Brigg

So I got to handle one today at a friend's place and I ordered one immediately when I got home.

Funny thing I noticed though. On the shorty 870, theres a notch on the bolt that doesnt seem to be there on the full sized one. I wonder if thats some kind of revision they made between the two models.

That shouldn't technically be possible unless something with the shell lifter is messed up. Did you do anything with the trigger pack at all?

Alternately, you could have bent one of the shell retainers, which are those small metal arms on the underside of the receiver.

Edit: Its almost certainly the shell retainers. They're probably bent out of shape

Edited by Brigg