Well FML... My order of parts and shells etc. from APS was stopped in customs here. APS emailed me and said it had been rejected by customs, so I freaked out and cancelled my order for the shotgun itself from Tiger HK 111... Actually don't have confirmation of cancellation yet. But seeing as the order hasn't had a status update for over a week I think they are out of stock on some items, most likely the shotgun itself...

Then I checked my mailbox today and there was a letter from Post office / Customs, they just wanted my date of birth for verification, so it may very well come through.

But, I am too frazzled by all of this, I will have to let the shotgun be until later, see if any EU retailers get the shorty in stock. Or wait until January 2015 and order it.

Hopefully it doesn't go out of stock or out of production by then. :o

I swear I am on some sort of watch list / black list in customs or something, I am about to give up on this all together... :(

So sad seeing a bunch of other Swedish guys getting theirs delivered without any problems...

Fuggin ey!

Funny thing is Midway Sweden has delivered my black polymer police furniture for it, that's gonna be sad to look at :P

Edited by NonEx
  • Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With a few exceptions, this is the business plan of almost all the entire airsoft industry.

Awww yeah.  Super Shorty version incoming  

FPR steel bolt, looks much more realistic than the original, cycles the same as before.   

Posted Images

Hehe. Yeah that looks real nice :D. I ordered the shorty, and 24" barrel and 11" extension tube, and black polymer furniture etc. so I could build it to be both shorty and full size.

I will wait and see what Tiger responds. I mean, it really shouldn't be a problem.

If the APS package and parts come through then I might try and order the shotgun separately and if that comes through order the rest of the parts I wanted.

BTW Tiger HK 111 has best prices for a lot of the smaller accessories for the APS CAM870 if anyone wants to buy stuff.

Damn NonEx, I feel for you. They must have you in their watch list, with over 100 orders from HK I've never had problems with customs. As for Tiger111, I only have bad experience with them, they have screwed 5 of 6 of my orders so I will never buy from them again... I ordered a speedfeed stock set from eBay UK yesterday for 170$. Love your build Cesare! Where did you get the Surefire hand guard?

• Like 1

Hmmm... too big light IMO :D

I thought Tiger HK 111 was a decent store. If they don't respond within 48 hours to my emails I will file a PayPal dispute with them. Not heard anything at all from them for over 8 days...

As for my problems, I think my location has something to do with it Being in Swedens third largest city that borders to a lot of other countries it's a high priority border for customs to inspect stuff so. Maybe I shoulod move...

Also, fun fact (?). APS webshop sent their stuff out from Kambodja :P

Suspicously RS like "gun parts", from Kambodja + being in possible watchlist... uh ooohz ? :D

I want this soooo bad ;(

EDIT:

LOL

Just noticed the signature "slogan" that the guy from APS has in his e-mails to me...

"If you are perfect on the first try, you have nowhere to go but down" 

:o

Edited by NonEx

on my 4 latest orders from tiger it took them over 1 week to say that the stuff was out of stock and asked if i wanted a refund, when i said yes it took another week from them to respond and then another 5 days to get the refund...

Yeah, lately most of my orders from HK (ehobby, wgc, shootercbgear, airsoftglobal) says kambodja as origin when i track it from the swedish post office. wierd...

Cesare, how much did you give for that handguard? looking for something like that for my build:)

I know this is getting off topic but this is just too strange.

I got delivery notice via SMS that my stock and fore end was at my DHL drop off.

Went there (two days after SMS recieved), they can't find it says it isn't there.

I go home, check the tracking, and it has been handed over to some lady. Problem is it was Cash on Delivery for 200 USD, and I don't think some random person takes my stuff if they don't know what it is for that kind of money.

So I checked the white pages locally for the lady with that name and called her. And she had been there yesterday and picked up a package, but it was what she had ordered and expected, so not mine.

WTF?

Police / Customs going to DHL now and taking my stuff ? :P

lul

Thing is I had two random calls from unrecognized numbers today, but I was off work so didn't answer. Perhaps one of those is the person who got my stuff.

I can't imagine opening up that package and finding gun parts. I mean I would be a little worried contacting that recipient :P

But again, COD for 200 USD, who just takes that? Unless the DHL drop off fugged up the COD and handed it out for free.

EDIT: Just checked tracking for my parts from APS, on it's way for delivery! Nice, that was a $500 USD package :o

Tiger HK 111 replied via chat that they would cancel my order but no official confirmation as of yet. :|

Edited by NonEx

Got my Remington police polymer furniture. Was a mixup with the numbering sequence of packages at the DHL drop off.

Got refund from Tiger HK 111 after telling them I would file a PayPal complaint if they didn't respond... turds.

Waiting for APS to get 870 shorty in stock.

Got my APS accessories, looks nice. Think I'm gonna make myself some fake Remington shotgun shell boxes :D

Anyone got any tips for what can be used as slug loads?

im glad that the problem was resolved... as for the slug loads i bought som rubber balls in cal 0.68 from ebay, I also bought some self deffence balls that is filled with some powder in the same caliber that im gonna test somehow and somewhere :) and som glass breaking balls in hard nylon...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310914748375?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Super-Self-defense-balls-in-0-68-caliber-/151026562301?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2329e274fd

http://www.ebay.com/itm/68-Cal-Jaycor-PepperBall-Hard-Nylon-Glass-breaking-Balls-for-Law-Enforcement/311036754863?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131017132637%26meid%3Dac754de2f36d42e5a748591758544aa7%26pid%3D100033%26prg%3D20131017132637%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D311036754863

awesome idea with the shellboxes, please share the results. now im gonna pick upp my speedfeed stock set from the post office :)

WGCshop has them in stock now for 360 USD...

Edited by Dj_komodo

well yes, and you can reuse them if you can find them and if they not are broken... you can make your own paper seal with a paper punch that you can buy at amazon, there is one with the exactly diameter like them from APS...

Ah could you provide me a link for the diameter from APS? Couldn't find it.

You got me curious!

The paper punch you need is to be 3/4" according to video above.

Thanks.

I actually wanna order directly from APS, they seem legit .

If WGC has it in stock now, so should APS. It was out of stock yesterday at WGC and APS told me it would be available today, 25th. Emailed them and asked.

Those rubber bullets look nice. Ill get me some.

Edited by NonEx

You can use .68 caliber rubber ball rounds. they should fit in the shells fine. I dont even think you need a wad

No wad needed, annoyingly I can't find black ones in a reasonable quantity (I don't want to buy 500 of them)

It measures at about 10 joules of energy, I had a friend shoot me on the back with it from about 4 meters, I had no idea what I was thinking when I suggested that range, I was on the floor for about 20 seconds... lol 

20140805-182505-1.jpg

But all in all, extremely cool system, and surprisingly game-able, I brought it along to one recently, I wish someone would make a slug somehow that is even safer than these paintball rubber rounds (which I think are for police training, not for any sort of normal use). I do have to say though, even though each BB is only 280 fps, when there are 12 of them, it's a different beast, so be very weary of not using these at close range, because from let's say 4-5 meters, the spread is only about the size of a head. 

Oh and this: 

20140812-211225-2.jpg

• Like 4

I think he meant when shooting "slugs" (.68" balls) you don't need wads. For BBs you do.

Range is reported to be effective at ~10-15m and max 30-40m.

You can buy adapters to hook up larger Co2 tanks directly to the fill tool.

Edited by NonEx

Got a response from APS, they were still out of stock on the shorty.

Also, looking at it I think it would be more difficult to build a corresponding full size from the shorty, to look like the stock full size, rather than the other way around.

So I ordered the full size CAM870. :o

What is the barrel lenght on the standard full lenght CAM870 ?

I can't make sense of what I would get if I bought a shorty, and an 11" mag tube extension and a 24" barrel. Feels like that would be a lot longer than the regular full size.

Whutevers, lulz.

Time to order a pistol grip now :P

EDIT: Got word back from APS about something else. They pretty much say, paraphrasing, that sales of the CAM870 is not doing that great and they have no plans right now for further accessories etc. (I asked about other barrels) Biggest complaint people have is cost of rifle and shell system expenses in form of CO2, waddings and caps etc.

Understandable. Hope sales pick up for it :o

Edited by NonEx