• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With a few exceptions, this is the business plan of almost all the entire airsoft industry.

Awww yeah.  Super Shorty version incoming  

FPR steel bolt, looks much more realistic than the original, cycles the same as before.   

Posted Images

Just ordered the last parts for my shorty from WGCShop as I got the Guarder screws for my WE M9s. Woot woot.

I got 14" barrel, scope mount and a 11" extension tube, cause I will use the spring in it and cut it to lenght for the 4+1 tube.

It was 4 USD more than just the spring so, fugg it.

Oh and I bought an RMR sight to put on the scope mount = bad *albatross*! :D

Ordered the RS Remington stock mounting hardware from Brownells too.

Actually just read some comments that made me think. The one that is in the APS might be metric threads, and the RS Remington might be impterial threads :o

Oh wellz, I will try, 5 USD item.

Edited by NonEx

Probably does. Since RS stocks etc. go on it seems to be very close to RS specs.

But that is expensive for a simple scope mount like that. Good point about the slide saddle though. Nothing I've actively thought about getting, but maybe for le shorty.

I also threw in an RS magazine follower and RS magazine spring, should be right lenght but might be too stiff or something.

Actually just remembered, I bought 12ga follower, but APS shells are more like ~14ga so that might not work :P

Whutevers, 4 dullarz, luuulz #YOLOSWAG :P

Shopping in middle of the night = bad...

The scope mount and RMR are more in mind for my shorty version, just to make it look more bad *albatross* :P

Edited by NonEx
  • Like 1

i agree that the mount is to expensive, but that seem to be my only option if i would wanna have a scope mounted, witch is not my number one priority right now, the surefire handguard light is :P

Tell my about the night shopping, 80% of all my airsoft purchases is made between 1 and 4 at night, no regrets if you are asleep :D

Where did you buy the follower?

Btw, aren't shotguns supposed to be shot like this? :D

http://download.gamezone.com/uploads/image/data/1134377/The-Last-Stand-1.jpg

Edited by Dj_komodo

Brownells. But like I said a 12ga is probably wrong since when I measured the APS shells it closer to a 14ga.

And the stock follower is decent. I only wanted another to get an orage one, but the stock one is orange so its all good :P

Edited by NonEx

Well well well...

Just got back from 4 hours at the local military shooting range. Had lots of fun.

However...

Unfortunately my CAM870 crapped out after less than a mag of shells.

The trigger got stuck and is unresponsive. Hammer is locked back, not working.

Also, loading the shells with CO2 was really awkward and I had a hard time filling them. The few shots we got off were mostly duds. A couple shot out OK... Not sure what's up. Will strip it and check.

It did however feed and eject like a boss!

The shell catcher can take a full load of 8 shells no problem, but that is max capacity before emptying it.

Problem is with the loading only one CO2 capsule got punctured, how sure how that plays into all of this.

But I had my camera with me, got about 40-60 minutes of usable footage. Will edit and upload tomorrow.

We shot my WE M4 and WE AK, lots of fun.

Targets included eggs, full soda cans, water melon, tomatoes and empty soda cans, and paper targets :)

Will try and look at the 870 right now, see whuts up.

Oh, and also. If you shoot outdoors in dirt or sand, make sure to bring a tarp and have the shells land on that. Mine are filled with crud right now, gonna be a PITA to clean all 42 shells :o

EDIT:

Think I found the issue right away... A split BB was lodged in the trigger mech...

Alright. Confirmed as working again. Had 1½ crushed BBs in the trigger mech / upper.

We had a light strike / low CO2 cartridge fire and it jammed the wadding in the barrel. When clearing it I pushed it back into the gun and the BBs might have come in the trigger mech then.

Also due to our inexperience in loading the shells the paper caps weren't very tight.

I also need to figure out how the heck to load these shells properly :o

Will order the CO2 adapter and 88g tanks today. That is the way to go for sure!

Edited by NonEx
  • Like 2

After a lot of work on this replica (mostly sanding and oiling), the "clic" and the "clac" is now working very smoothly (I mean the loading and unloading of the shells). I have also changed the stock and the forend with true Remington parts. It really changes the quality perception of this shotgun. Hope and joy is back!

apgBrC.jpg

iuXHrP.jpg

• Like 3

By the way, as someone mentioned, the plastic wads are re-usable.

I was able to recover pretty much all we shot out today and none are damager. Just cleaned them off in some water and it should be fine.

Paper, not so much. But 3/4" punch and a few sheets of paper will take care of that.

I actually think you could benefit from using lower weight paper. That way the CO2 won't have to force out the paper as hard before the wadding goes out with the BBs. I will try some different papers and see what works.

OKI, ordered paper punch, CO2 adapter and 88g CO2 canisters. Woop.

EDIT: Well sheeeit... Just noticed that my rear sight is gone.

Guess I'm going down to the range tomorrow to look for it. Pretty sure I know where it came off :o

Edited by NonEx

OK so I got the video together from my trip to the range. Like I said in my post above the APS 870 didn't work out this time.

Most likely due to inexperience with the shells. Both loading CO2 and the wads and BBs etc. Will have to tinker with that.

But, there's a couple of funny and cool bits in here, and I hope you like it :D

What I learned so far;

• Get the loading process of the shells right!
  • If you get a jam, clear it from back to front, not the other way around. That way you don't get BBs and stuff back towards the trigger mechanism.
  • If you are shooting outside, in a controlled situation, bring a tarp or something similar to catch the shells on, or use the shell catcher, so you don't have to clean the shells after use.
  • Tighten your front and rear sights down. I lost my rear sight at the range, but found it the day after.

Other than that, it was pretty awesome :D

Also, OT in regards to the APS 870, but my M4 is a *fruitcage*in BOSS. Hit on first shot almost every time. PEW PEW.

Edited by NonEx

Things learned about the APS CAM870 today;

Reciever stock screw mount is metric specs. RS imperial screws do not work. No way in hell I am going to try and re-thread it. So will find replacement metric screw of same dimensions. I got an RS screw for a pistol grip on hand and an RS wood stock screw and synthetic screw inbound. Will post back when I know the specs and a source.

Do not buy this piece of *suitcase* forend grip;

l_867100870_2.jpg

TacStar Shotgun Tactical Grip.

The review on Brownells said the plastic was *suitcase* and I thought maybe it wouldn't matter on an airsoft shotgun. But damn, it's not even WE quality, it is just terrible.

Also had 0.5-1mm of play when installed, even with forend cap screw tightened all the way down. Three thumbs down!

It was the only grip of that style that I found and wanted to try for my shorty build, but no way Jose...

However, I also got this kit;

l_408000054_1.jpg

Hogue Remington TAMER pistol grip and forend.

As expected super high quality and the pistol grip is very comfortable!

However, as stated above the supplied screw for the grip is off spec and won't work.

And finally, if you buy this;

001-700x521.jpg

APS Tactical Picatinny Rail for CAM870.

Do NOT overtighten the locking screw. I wanted to clamp it down real good since it's for a sling mount and it will take some stress. However my screw all but stripped the aluminum on the locking side of the rail clamp. Will replace with RS part when possible.

EDIT: Anyone know what that might be called for an RS shotty?

Got it: http://www.brownells.com/shooting-accessories/flashlights-accessories/accessory-mounts/index.htm?avs%7CMake~~Model_1=Remington__870

Although if you get that, don't tighten it too much as RS steel accessory pwns the aluminum barrel and magazine tube so you could deform them if you go to crazy.

Pistol grip screw is most likely, in metric an M5 0.8 socket cap screw, 55mm long, Class 12.9 steel black oil finish.

http://www.boltdepot.com/Product-Details.aspx?product=6530

(don't buy anything yet as this is unconfirmed right now but very likely)

EDIT: Okay, already a mistake. Bolt sizes are measure on out diameter and not socket wrench diameter :P

I will post back when I got this figured out :D

I will have to take out the OEM bolt and take a closer look with my calipers and see.

Also will measure RS long screws when I get them.

Edited by NonEx

I seriously wouldn't use it below 5m on someone, personally I would only use it for beyond 10m mainly because my gun's grouping is still very tight before that range, which means it's a serious amount of overkill and with each bb firing at 280 fps (on 0.25), it's basically a stock Marui, but 12 shots in a group size of an average head. 

• Like 1

I seriously wouldn't use it below 5m on someone, personally I would only use it for beyond 10m mainly because my gun's grouping is still very tight before that range, which means it's a serious amount of overkill and with each bb firing at 280 fps (on 0.25), it's basically a stock Marui, but 12 shots in a group size of an average head.

Thanks! I spotted that video before but it's indoors at CityHunter. What kind of range do you think you can reasonably reach in a typical outdoor setting? I've had a play of the new TM 870 and the effective range is easily 30m but that is probably due to the hop and TM magic dust!

Testing spread at different ranges was actually the first thing I wanted to do out at the range but, uhh yeah that didn't happen. Will try next time.

Hmm. How much bigger are the circles from a 3/4" punch?

Guess the guy I got that from was sort of wrong :o

What weight paper have you tried using for it?

Edited by NonEx

What weight paper have you tried using for it?

To be fair I was using the box the hole punch came with, so it's way too thick, but I'd say it's too big by 1mm on all sides (so 2mm too big in diameter), which means paper might be okay, but by the time I stuff it in it won't be flat anymore, which is okay, better too big than too small. 

Edited by blobface