• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With a few exceptions, this is the business plan of almost all the entire airsoft industry.

Awww yeah.  Super Shorty version incoming  

FPR steel bolt, looks much more realistic than the original, cycles the same as before.   

Posted Images

Got my replacement firing pin in, installed it and fit perfectly. APS was also kind enough to send me a replacement pin ring.

IMG_0832.jpg

Seems they've added additional an additional slot for a set screw, but it was too large so I wasn't able to fit it on.

IMG_0833.jpg

Here's the example of bolt deformation by dry firing. Hammer deformation is present to.

IMG_0834.jpg

So yea....don't dry fire lol.

• Like 1

Interesting. Looks like they designed that specifically as a replacement pin judging by the set screw, as the original firing pin.. cup.. thing is press fit on, which would normally make it impossible to replace without the machinery and fittings to press the cup on.

Looks like enough of them broke for APS to redesign it to be user replacable.

Interesting. Looks like they designed that specifically as a replacement pin judging by the set screw, as the original firing pin.. cup.. thing is press fit on, which would normally make it impossible to replace without the machinery and fittings to press the cup on.

Looks like enough of them broke for APS to redesign it to be user replacable.

What's weird is it's not even needed; the cup right now is still friction fit onto the firing pin. The grub screw they provided is too long, so it rubs on the inside of the bolt carrier.

So far what I've been doing is keeping the shell pin back, then leaving a fired shell in the chamber in storage.

Regarding the rail, Surefire's M69 has been long out of production. The closest thing I found was Ergo's 870 rail.

http://ergogrips.net/products/rail-systems/ergo-trirail-forend-remington-870.html

Got the old rail from Mesa Tactical, got a sidesaddle shell holder on the way too.

IMG_0836.jpg

Much better than the old rail, but I'm almost positive receiver is offspec w/ RS: I'm not even using the spacer in the back and there's still a massive gap b/w the rail and the top.

IMG_0837.jpg

Anyone else think I should just progress w/ shortening the barrel? I'm really not inclined to spend another $225 to try out the CavArms SST-870.

Got the old rail from Mesa Tactical, got a sidesaddle shell holder on the way too.

Much better than the old rail, but I'm almost positive receiver is offspec w/ RS: I'm not even using the spacer in the back and there's still a massive gap b/w the rail and the top.

Anyone else think I should just progress w/ shortening the barrel? I'm really not inclined to spend another $225 to try out the CavArms SST-870.

Looks perfect to me! CQB killer

Just got back home from an indoor arena where I got an entire floor of an abandoned office building to myself to play with my guns :D

Shot my APS CAM870 in shorty configuration, and my WE AK and WE M&P.

I had MUCH better luck with the shell loading today. I put tape on the CO2 capsules to make sure both got penetrated. Seems it paid off.

Basically I got the CO2 loading down. Then 8-9 BBs max and paper cap on nice and tight and trying to seat it as "nicely" as possible. I.e. not crumple it in there.

I just shot at 10 meters with my red-dot sight on at these little steel target figures and damn it was FUN!

Shot about 50-60 rounds total.

Using the red-dot was awesome, just point and shoot. Being a shotgun with some spread it didn't have to be all that exact.

Hehe, aaah, good times. All wads were recovered as it was indoors. Paper caps, *fruitcage* em :P

Tried out shooting the rubber paintball slugs as well. Worked OK but they seemed to drop dramatically after just 5-10 meters. I guess they are not supposed to be shot out of the APS 870 anyways but it was fun to try.

I shot black BBs so seeing the black paper cap, black BBs and black wadding flying out towards the target, epic!

Other than a few low powered or dud shells I didn't have any problems.

There was one shell that got kinda stuck in the loading chamber/half way into the barrel, due to the paper cap not being seated properly.

I can't even describe in words how awesome it was. Super happy :D

*pew pew*

The little steel figures got knocked around all over the place haha. With the red-dot I was able to go fast from target to target. I had 6 lined up and popped 5 of them (since I only have 5 shells in the shorty) in like 3-6 seconds.

Being able to eject the shells straight to the ground and not caring much, again since it was indoors in a confined space, man oh man. Those things go flying :D

So yeah. Much nicer experience than my epic fail at the range. Hehe.

The shorty version was really fun to shoot and not as heavy as the full size. Very managable and fun.

Also I might know a way to make semi-snap caps.

I jammed one of the rubber paintball balls into an empty shell and pushed the valve pin flush to the rear of the shell. It gives it at least some resistance from the hammer just dropping freely. I guess if you take a layer or two of tape around the rubber bullet before inserting it there will be more resistance that might help.

So yeah, three thumbs up!

Edited by NonEx
  • Like 1

Got my Mesa Tactical sidesaddle - drop-in fit with APS's scope mount screws.

IMG_0838.jpg

I actually think Mesa's own 20GA screws (they provide 2) would fit with a bit of sanding (the APS ones come just a little bit short on the right side). I'll sand them down a bit and let you guys know if they fit.

• Like 1

Makes sense. When you are in a fight and need a shell you grab one and don't know which way it's facing and then you die. Okay :P

It's just that I've seen it in a couple of setups but don't understand it.

Or are the ones facing up at the front for loading directly in the breach and the others to load in the magazine tube ?

Edited by NonEx