• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With a few exceptions, this is the business plan of almost all the entire airsoft industry.

Awww yeah.  Super Shorty version incoming  

FPR steel bolt, looks much more realistic than the original, cycles the same as before.   

Posted Images

Since there's mention of a need for speed, has anyone tried out if these work?

Well that is about as practical as taking an AEG and having bloke (your valet) follow you around and load the stupid thing for you :P.

Especially the longer ones that are meant to load like 8 or 9 shells into extended tubes.

'FireKnife'

Because a stripper clip of 5 rifle bullets takes up less space than two shotgun shells side by side.

It is just due to the ammo being fired that makes it less practical in the field over other things. Hence why shotguns are often used in combat with either a specific purpose or it is because that is all the attacker has (given that it is easier to buy a shotgun in some places than a handgun ot rifle).

I see the point in matches and such but as for airsoft in terms of a skirmish I will stick to things like the Marui system :P.

'FireKnife'

Setting aside the feasibility of a shotgun in a combat or defensive situation, you have to consider that the person who chooses to use a shell ejector in airsoft values fun/realism over practicality. And as far as tubular mag fed shotguns go, there's no real other option for a speed loader but those products. Sure, I've seen individuals, after a LOT of training, load a shotgun manually real quick with the shells in between their fingers, but how practical is that when you have to manage through obstacles and such in a game and not at a controled environment like a range? A couple of the 4 shell speed loaders take about as much space as an AK magazine, fits in most pouches and it will take up the same space if you were to carry loose ammunition or in caddies anyway. Unless they make a box mag fed version/adapter like those real steel Norinco 870 clones there's not very many options for a quick and easy reload, that is, if it even functions with this specific replica.

Does anyone know what size O-rings go inside the APS shells? a few of mine have sprung leaks due to nicked O-rings and I have no idea what to replace them with. And I would also rather not pay $10 for 5 O-rings..

I have spare packs of APS OEM O-rings for reference. Here are the measurements;

Inside o-rings

NOTE: These are very stiff, hard and white/transluscent "rubber". Almost plastic pretty much. Not sure where you can find that type of o-ring.

Cross Section: 2.0mm

Inner Diameter: 5.0mm

Outer Diameter: 9.0mm

Outside o-ring

Cross Section: 1.5mm

Inner Diameter: 14.5mm

Outer Diameter: 17.5mm

EDIT:

I just Googled for o-ring information out of curiousity and this page has some good info;

http://www.zdspb.com/tech/misc/resources/orings.html

Just from reading I would say what you want to match OEM o-rings is Nitrile (that's my default for all GBB/GBBR o-rings BTW) for the outer one and Urethane (possibly silicone?) for the inner ones, with maybe, just a guess, 80-90 durometer (stiffness). Google for sources.

This simplified chart gives you a feel for wht durometer is in the ball park;

http://mykin.com/rubber-hardness-chart

Standard for Nitrile is apparently 70 so use that for a baseline.

Trying to look at pics on Google comparing Urethane and Silicone materials, can't really say which looks closer to OEM ones.

I guess you could email APS and ask. They are pretty helpful actually.

This points towards Urethane;

http://www.marcorubber.com/materialguide.htm

Urethane

Standard: 90 Durometer Translucent

Temperature Range: -65ºF to 200ºF

Sounds about right for what my "feel" for what it should be is, both hardness and color.

It also sais on that page that Silicone o-rings are not recommended for use with Silicone Oil, so that sounds kinda stupid to put in airsoft guns :P

Edited by NonEx

I'm sorry, it's just that after seeing people stick real steel stuff on their shotguns I thought it would be OK to ask if those real steel speed loaders would work as well.

Renegade have you seen any of those Speed loaders in our country??

Would like to have one for my shorty APS.

Sorry guys but it's me again...

Is this the APS CAM 870 thread or the general shotgun / RS shotgun discussions thread ? :(

Well many things of the RS shotty would could translate to this seeing as it is seemingly a reliable shell ejector with similar specs to a real one. So If someone would want to buy one of those stripper things and make it work they could! So kind of on topic :P

I know 80% of people probably wouldnt skirmish this but if I had one I would! Seeing all the RS carriers, loading bits n all sorts could be helpful :D

Sorry guys but it's me again...

Is this the APS CAM 870 thread or the general shotgun / RS shotgun discussions thread ? :(

It is the discuss whatever people want to discuss thread. Pointing out every thread that you like that goes off topic just seems pedantic. Just steer the thread back the way you want by asking or adding something as you did in your following post ;).

However it is related, I was pointing out that while I see the fun factor there just doesn't seem to be much in the way of loading that isn't cumbersome and more designed for practical shooting than combat which was relating to in airsoft how realistic feeding shotguns feel a bit like realistic feeding revolvers, heavily limited though at least with revolvers you have smaller shells to load etc.

'FireKnife'

I think it's everyone responsibility on a forum to try and keep threads on topic to a certain degree. If every thread is open to be "It is the discuss whatever people want to discuss thread" then we can just as well just have one thread for everything. I almost missed the question about the o-rings because I just saw a wall of text of general shotgun, Saiga and 3-gun competition discussions.

Pedandic, yes... Remember my  OCD :|