• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With a few exceptions, this is the business plan of almost all the entire airsoft industry.

Awww yeah.  Super Shorty version incoming  

FPR steel bolt, looks much more realistic than the original, cycles the same as before.   

Posted Images

SGA Came in.. just waiting on the MOE hand guard.

Ordered some goodies from APS & Evike ><

Does anyone know what red grease/lube APS used? I'm curious to see how it does, because I noticed some of it was on the shells upon cleaning. I wonder if it can hold up to the co2 dryness.. as I just used silicon oil for the shell o-rings. I'm afraid after 2-4 fills it'll dry out, so need something thicker.

I've been using this on my GBB's put a little on the bolt  unsure if I should spread it on the o-rings though for the shells.

Permaxtex Ultra Slick Multipurpose

• Like 1

That's a good point actually. It might be AEG gear grease or something?

Not sure, will e-mail APS and see what I can find out. Might try the ultra slick when I have time to see how it handles.

Assuming after each use you clean them well, I don't think their will be a problem. *crosses finger*

Got a big game on the 22nd, so hoping all my stuff from APS/EVIKE comes in on time.

Nice custom in this video. I wonder how he get the rib on the barrel.

Also, the mecanism and cycling seem to be very very smooth !  The shells come in like dady in mamy ( french expression ^^ )

A Nordic Component mag extension is also fitted

Edited by rOnii
  • Like 1

Did you get any pics of it fitted mate??

Nah I didn't, I went looking for it everywhere when it was first announced, finally found it on eBay, but I disliked it so much that I barely finished installing it, like, didn't even tighten the nuts (which by the way, won't fit  snugly without needing some spacer, but it's an easy fix), held it up, looked at it, put everything back into the box, and sold it for £150 the next weekend... here's my quick photoshop to show you what I mean, and it doesn't even do it justice because unlike an image, you don't get to see it's thickness, with the 870 being quite thin overall, the DSF 870 was just too fat, in all directions, for my liking.  

Untitled-3.jpg

Well played another indoor game with my shorty. Same experience as last time. Really fun!

Everything worked alright. Did some reloads on site, no biggie, it doesn't take too much time with some practise.

Got another shot to the groin on a dude and an accidental face-kill... I knew he was behind the wall I was up against, so I got down on my knees and rolled out, and shot him, right in the face...

But he took it like a champ and was like "no problem dude!". Hehe.

Also, once again recovered pretty much all my plastic waddings. I've been using the same stack 4-5 times now and no obvious wear or damage to them.

Started to have some issues with like 6-8 of my shells, gas just goes right thru them, guess the o-rings are done for in those.

Also, when the shells pop up when trying to fill, I found a trick by wedging an allen key in between the shell and the locking "nub" bottom, to pressure the shell in the downwards position, worked out well and I got CO2 in those shells too.

But, from my understanding, CO2 going straight through shell = fubar o-rings.

Shell flying up and not taking gas = offset in valve stem / opening so the gas is not entering the actual CO2 chamber in the shell but just the body.

Gonna take a close look at how this works and see if I can figure it out.

Oh and I used some 88g capsules today. Not sure it's worth it actually. Well, economically it certainly isn't for me. And perhaps not practially either.

88g capsule = 99 SEK ($13.4 USD / £10.7 EUR) = 1.125 SEK / gram ( $0.15 USD / £0.12 EUR)

I can buy 12g CO2 capsules in bulk of 100s for 4.99 SEK a piece = 0.415 SEK / gram ($0.056 USD / £0.044 EUR)

Pretty significant differense... And I actually didn't find it easier nor much smoother or better to use the 88g capsules to load CO2.

Perhaps a re-fillable paintball CO2 tank is worth looking at.

Oh and I also switched down to 0.2g BBs today, 9-10 BBs and it seemed to be much gentler than 0.25g I used last time.

Nobody screamed from being shot and one guy even said it felt like a "pea shooter". I actually think that is the guy who I later shot in the face :P

And, interestingly enough a few people thought a gun on the site felt hot and so they chronoed all guns, when it was my turn I was like "well this is gonna be difficult" and then pretty much everyone was like "Well I've been hit by that one today and it's fine!". So that's good to know!

Also, people getting shot and those on my team watching me shoot people, everyone gets a kick out of seeing it in action regardless of what end of the barrel they are one. The guys who were back at spawn were like "aaah man it's awesome hearing that thing go off out in the arena" hehe. :)

Edited by NonEx
  • Like 2

Anyone thought of opening/bevelling the loading gate? For faster loading?

DSC01894.jpg

Also making a 'loading channel' in the trigger housing, helps the shells stay in order when slamming two in at once. 

IMG-20141113-WA0000_zps3lhjs2sf.jpeg

Thats my RS one, mod works very well indeed. Loading is much faster. Takes about 30 mins with a dremel and some high grit wet and dry.

Edited by bankz5152