• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With a few exceptions, this is the business plan of almost all the entire airsoft industry.

Awww yeah.  Super Shorty version incoming  

FPR steel bolt, looks much more realistic than the original, cycles the same as before.   

Posted Images

I think I fixed the problem with my trigger.. I've replaced the trigger spring with a slightly weaker spring and now it functions like normal.

I noticed that (with the original spring in place) the hammer would not disengage by half a milimeter(!) because of the tension of the spring. So I replaced it with weaker spring and now it seems to work. I'm not sure for how long but if it fails again I at least know where to look :)

It does have a very long trigger-pull at this moment (fires at the very last mm of the trigger) so I might have to look for a better fitting spring..

Would anyone be so kind as to measure the diameter of the rims and hulls of the APS shells? I'm still trying to figure out whether they're close enough in dimensions to the Goblin shells to make the Goblins work, but I'm hesitant to buy the gun before knowing for sure.

Edit: Whoops, never mind, answered my own question.

Edited by CatgutViolin

I think I fixed the problem with my trigger.. I've replaced the trigger spring with a slightly weaker spring and now it functions like normal.

I noticed that (with the original spring in place) the hammer would not disengage by half a milimeter(!) because of the tension of the spring. So I replaced it with weaker spring and now it seems to work. I'm not sure for how long but if it fails again I at least know where to look :)

It does have a very long trigger-pull at this moment (fires at the very last mm of the trigger) so I might have to look for a better fitting spring..

I had the same issue, I welded a dot onto the hammer sear "C plate" so the trigger could push it the extra millimeter.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

My team mate has an AOW, and I've done a few modifications on it, but I'm a bit uncertain about what you're asking for...

Regarding the foregrip/forearm: It will be difficult, to say the least, to mount a regular CAM870 forearm on an AOW, given the difference in length. And if you want to add a longer mag tube in order to accommodate it anyways, you're going to need a longer barrel as well, so why not go for the Special Forces / Zombie Hunter version from the get-go?

As you can see from the pictures, the AOW action arms lacks the mounting tube for the actual forend, since the folding grip is welded onto the end of the action arms:

CAM870AOW-1L.jpg

• Like 1

Yeh it's cool that you can mix and match parts. Happy I got the full length version and then parts to make a shorty.

Just odd that they don't sell all variations of barrels and mag tubes separately...

But as per above, that sounds about right for what you need to rebuild an AOW to something else.

• Like 1

How cheap is the AOW? You'll need the following:

Magazine tube: $20

Arms / forend tube: $49

Barrel: $68 (16") $79 (20")

You're in Canada so you're probably going to get a real forend, but the APS forend goes for $16.

That's if it's not sold. Thanks for the helps gents, btw.

$300 CAD - 2 shells + 1 new pack of 4 new shells, box and all the knick-nacks. 

So I'll just need 

Arms - Linky

Barrel - Linky

Foregrip - (I'll grab a Magpul MOE handgurd)

Tube - ?? Assuming this one isn't the proper one.  Suspect I need this one - here

Which one is the mag tube for the shorter one? Want to run a 4+1. (Don't think ehobby has it listed, except the spring, here)

Edited by BioRage

Anyone got any tips for removing the 14inch barrel from the sf model. Removed the magazine tube cap and Spring but the barrel will not come out unless perhaps I apply "extreme force" which rarely ends well for me.

Should come out naturally, with some wiggling. Got a picture of it at the point where you dis-assembled it too?

P.S I got my AOW in transit - on the way, should arrive on 31st!

woo

Edited by BioRage
  • Like 1