Funny thing, I have almost the same thing only reversed, when I try to put the barrel back on, the slightly different angle of the magazine tube blocks it from going further on.. When squeezing the magazine tube a bit closer to the barrel and then give a few decent taps on the front of the barrel makes it snap in to position..

Maybe your magazine tube is also putting some pressure on the barrel. Try to pinch the 2 together (or separate them) a bit and see if the barrel moves..?

Edited by LJ.NL
  • Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With a few exceptions, this is the business plan of almost all the entire airsoft industry.

Awww yeah.  Super Shorty version incoming  

FPR steel bolt, looks much more realistic than the original, cycles the same as before.   

Posted Images

I'm confused, maybe I was doing it wrong before but when I had to remove my barrel, I always dissembled it all the way, took off all the screws at the magazine tube cradle, the "bolt stop" block at the top of the receiver, then slid the whole thing out including the magazine tube, at which point you could remove anything you want easily cause they just kinda fall apart... 

No need to apologise. I've just read that back and it could have done with a smiley face or two. Sorry about that.

I guess what I'm saying is some people have told me it comes out without taking it apart so I was hoping to find out how but I'm coming to the conclusion that that won't be possible and I'll have to go down the take it apart route.

Alright guys, just to make sure I am not giving out bad advice here, I took out my APS CAM870, which is now in full size configuration, but that doesn't really matter.

I removed the barrel using these simple steps; 

1. Undo the magazine tube end cap (part 33).
  2. Remove magazine tube spring and follower (parts 35 and 37). (not really required but just makes it easier to work on.)
  3. Remove the outer barrel (part 3).
Took pretty much no force on mine.

The only time you need to take it all apart is if you want to get the bolt out or the pump arms.

However, I took some pictures of how the barrel actually sits in the receiver, and found a point of interest that I would recommend you put a punch to and give it a few taps. As follows; 

nx_aps870_barrel_cuts.png

nx_aps870_barrel_receiver_slots.png

nx_aps870_barrel_punch_position.png

I am guessing either your barrel to receiver fit is extremely tight, or they put some Loc Tite in those grooves or something.

Be careful of course but that would be my best advice considering where you are at.
Edited by NonEx
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Having some real problems with mine at the moment and any help would be greatly appreciated please guys.

- It double loads shells and consequently jams pretty regularly. Is there a cause and fix for this?

- the pump lock is intermittent. It only engages like 50% of the time. If you push it to one side or even half pull the trigger, it engages. Any thoughts?

Thanks once again :)

Chris

• 1 month later...

I finally bit the bullet and got the full-length wood furniture one, but I'm having an issue with disassembly. I removed the tube extension followed by the barrel, but now I can't get the bolt and forend off. On a real 870 I'd depress one of the shell latches and it would slide off, but that's not happening here. Do I need to remove the stock and trigger housing just to get the forend off?

• Like 2

There is a locking plate in the roof of the receiver, keeps the bolt from plopping out of the receiver :P . Pump the bolt backwards, take out the trigger group (actually, to take that out, cock the hammer but bolt forward. Easier to take it out then. ) and you will see a silver plate with two screws in it. You have to remove that to get the gold out.

If you just want the forend off all you have to do is described 1-2 pages back.

http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/213358-aps-cam870-impressions/page-28&do=findComment&comment=2737885

Just rebuilt mine today. Full lenght front, with vertical pump grip and pistol grip at the rear. Bad *albatross* with maximum capacity :D

Also drilled and tapped two holes at the top of the receiver and mounted a rail piece to hold my red dot and at the same time allowing me to use the shell catcher. APS rail mount that goes around the top of the receiver prevented me from putting the shell catcher on.

Unfortunately two of my screws that hold in the magazine tube have stripped :(

And they attach to the receiver, so I might need a new one...

Edited by NonEx

Wha, 500 ? eHobby wanted 1600 for the SAI full CAM870 :o 

http://wgcshop.com/products?item=aps-m870-deluxe-match-co2-airsoft-shotgun-sai-licensed - $497 USD

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/salient-arms-licensed-sai-m870-shotgun-cnc-steel-by-mfc.html#.VtRbpVsrIuU - $1499 USD ($1180 originally)

Differences ? :o

I could go for the 500 one. But I am not that big of a fan of the SAI styled shotguns with all the gold.

IIRC the $1499 one was made in APS CANADA (from that Micheal guy) he did it all custom, now I think APS mass manufacture parts without the tunage, RS PARTS? and custom parts from Michael, so.. pretty sure that's the only diff?

(You'll have to most likely still tune the deluxe ootb, like all the current APS variations)

That being said, no complaints :D saving over 1500 yes pls,

Ah right that's how it was. They just relabelled that to say it's APS officially licensed version now. Question is if what they are advertising now is still the Michael custom one or if they are selling the APS mass produced one for a very jacked up price :P 

Either way, good luck selling any (more) of those for $1500-$1800 USD.

Rebuilt my APS CAM870 and did some mods!

Full length front end with 7+1 capacity, vertical pistol grip pump forend and pistol grip at the back.

Drilled two holes in the receiver to mount a rail piece to hold my optics, and at same time modded shell catcher to fit.

APS optics rail kit that goes around the top of the receiver prevented me from putting the shell catcher on. I want both for when I play games with this bad boy :D

Looks and feels pretty awesome!

nx_aps_cam_870_rebuild.jpg

• Like 2