• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With a few exceptions, this is the business plan of almost all the entire airsoft industry.

Awww yeah.  Super Shorty version incoming  

FPR steel bolt, looks much more realistic than the original, cycles the same as before.   

Posted Images

Judging by the horribly mangled translation posted by The Insider:

1. Some users in Taiwan have modified their CAM870s with new barrels and firing pins to fire real shotgun shells.
  2. This has resulted in someone associated with APS (the person in charge of APS Taiwan?) being prosecuted, presumably for importing or manufacturing non-weapons readily convertible to weapons or something similar.
  3. APS HK gives notice that they will discontinue the sales of CAM870s and accessories until the internal structure can be redesigned to make it harder to convert to fire real ammunition.

Please try to keep discussions about this in the news thread linked above: http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/216387-aps-to-cancel-redesign-there-range-of-shoties/&do=findComment&comment=2753169

Let's try to keep this our happy place of actual things about the APS CAM870 platform.

BTW Rainbow8 now has the Guarder o-rings in stock. 

http://www.rainbow8.com/products/guarder-enhanced-pu-o-ring-for-aps-870-co2-cartridge

Just bought 10 packs of 10 for an even 100 rings :P 

Edited by NonEx
I think I went a little off track from just unboxing, but it's good info in there. Somewhat fragmented though.

I shall work on my presenting skills for sure. :| 

Coming soon as a BluRay box-set on 6 discs, extended and with commentary :D 

Edited by NonEx

I got my Guarder shell o-rings today.

Super tight fit, which I guess is good. Have not tried with any CO2 yet.

You definitely want to round off the valve stem bevel at the bottom part as instructed by Guarder. This will ensure that the valve stem can move back up into the shell easier without damaging the o-rings.

APS-870-01-08.jpg

I mounted my valve stems in my electric drill and spun them around and sanded lightly with 1200 grit paper. Both sides of the valve stem.

http://www.intrudershop.com/show_product_eng.asp?idproduct=2850#top

Also keep in mind, since there are two (2) o-rings per shell, that you need double the amount of o-rings to your amount of shells :D

Edited by NonEx

Yah; 

Metal shell o-ring; 
CS: 1.0mm
ID: 13.0mm
OD: 15.0mm

Rim outer o-ring; 
CS: 1.5mm
OD: 16.0mm

Inner o-rings (APS OEM); 
CS: 2.0mm
ID: 5.0mm
OD: 9.0mm

Guarders are a fraction tighter, I would guess maybe 2.1 CS rather than 2 or something like that. 

CS= Cross Section/Thickness
ID: Inner Dimension
OD: Outer Dimension

Oh and I think I know now why that sample shell was a bit leaky. Only one of the ones I tested that I had not installed Guarder o-rings in :P
Edited by NonEx

Yah; 

Metal shell o-ring; 
CS: 1.0mm
OD: 15.0mm

Rim outer o-ring; 
CS: 1.5mm
OD: 16.0mm

Inner o-rings (APS OEM); 
CS: 2.0mm
ID: 5.0mm
OD: 9.0mm

Guarders are a fraction tighter, I would guess maybe 2.1 CS rather than 2 or something like that. 

CS= Cross Section/Thickness
ID: Inner Dimension
OD: Outer Dimension

Oh and I think I know now why that sample shell was a bit leaky. Only one of the ones I tested that I had not installed Guarder o-rings in :P

You are THE man.  Enjoying the videos as well.  Thank you!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anybody knows what kind of pins I'll need for the body? A friend donated a few parts that I can make into a full gun, namely barrel, receiver, magazine, bolt, spring and sights. 

Have sourced the following already, just waiting for monies to buy:

FCG

Shell lifter

Forend cradle

Magazine cradle

Receiver magazine tube

Bolt plate

Stock and grip

Have I missed anything?

• 2 weeks later...