It'd be really impressive if the bolt is a drop in fit for the older models. I still like the gas shell a lot for its flexibility, a lot of us have done all sorts of weird projects with these shells because of how easy it is to make things shoot the aps shells, I'm also not convinced that little bolt can hold all that much gas, will have to wait and see. Shells will no doubt be cheaper, I'm hoping some 3rd party will start producing dirt cheap cardboard ones that you buy in 50s at a time. 

Edited by blobface
  • Like 1
  • Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With a few exceptions, this is the business plan of almost all the entire airsoft industry.

Awww yeah.  Super Shorty version incoming  

FPR steel bolt, looks much more realistic than the original, cycles the same as before.   

Posted Images

Couple of translations from the video posts' comment section from Alan Hsu:

On why going back to gasless shells:

"It's somewhat frustrating, but gas shells are in a legally grey area in some countries."

On how many shots per charge:

"max 15 shots."

Edited by blobface

Yup, sadly so, I'm really hoping this is just another line of product, and they aren't discontinuing the APS gas shells, as much as I don't think I'll ever buy any more, I'd just hate to see this awesome system die off. 

Now, just a bit of blue sky dreaming, gas charge bolts would be excellent if they made a gas bolt for a Benelli M3 / Spas 12 that fires the APS gas shells, so all the gas in the bolt is doing is power the recoil action, and when the gas for the recoil action runs out, you can immediately switch to pump mode for manual mode, this could also be fairly efficient as unlike a normal GBBR, it can be more contained in that you don't need a route for the gas to escape to propel the BB. 

Wow, 15 shots... :-(

I need to stock up on the first gen style shells and parts for sure...

Speaking of, I got some smart shells inbound to try. The concept seems pretty good compared to loading the old ones in the shell holder/filler.

We shall see :o 

Edited by NonEx

The shots also sound under powered compared to the bang of my cam870, sounds like a pps. 15 shots is utterly useless for skirmishing, think I'll have to buy an AOW and stock up on bolts and shells...I wonder if the trigger mechanism is any different, or the receiver?

Edited by AG1212

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%E7%84%A1%E5%A5%88

This is the word they used to describe the situation in that response. "Helpless", "unfortunate", "without an alternative". Those words don't quite capture the full meaning of the word, but there you go. The question though is whether the old shells will still be made for markets that can buy them. 

Just left a message in Chinese about whether they are discontinued, hopefully he'd respond if he knows.

Edited by blobface
  • Like 1

Thanks for the translation, as I suspected then. Just call it the "Asia Edition" like VFC does with their stuff :P 

When the incident originally "went down" I asked APS that exact question and the response was that for markets where there are no legal issues they would continue to make and support the old style system.

However, and I think I mentioned this back then, I can't see them keeping two platforms alive in the long run and if the domestic market model is dictated by a certain law that one will probably win out in the end.

So yeah, time to stock up :o 

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. APS still sell the smart style shells which is an upgrade from the original ones but still gas in shell.

4 pack smart shells : http://www.aps-concept.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=25_115&product_id=869

25 pack smart shells : http://www.aps-concept.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=25_115&product_id=870

FYI I got my PPS shell catcher and shell holder that I will mod on my APS CAM870 as per "SWAPs" videos.

Both need the screw holes adjusted a bit as he instructed but should be do-able :D

Also had to mod the PPS shell catcher retention. The holes for the shells are big enough for APS but the retention PVC plastic tubing putting pressure on the shells was too tight so I had to do a bit of a "life hack" to make it work using a smaller, also flexible "tube".

FYI, SWAP, I am going to give you a shoutout and link in my unboxing video of these items, big thumbs up on your videos and inspiration! :D

Also saves me from doing a "how to" video on modding these to fit, hehe.

Edited by NonEx

My bi-weekly bonanza continues!

And here's the result:

I hope you enjoy it! :)

And here is how mine turned out after tonight's rebuild :D

Not bad for couple of hours worth of work IMO :)

Thanks man!

FYI my hole adjustments were not as precise/pretty as yours but it works :P 

APS CAM870 (custom)

RS Hogue Tamer pistol grip

RS TacStar tactical shotgun forend grip

Custom mounted top rail piece

Replica MRO

PPS shell side-sadle

PPS shell catcher

First, I tore it apart, cleaned it, fixed my sticky action (magazine tube cradle arms were pinching the forend tube arms)...

fUlr13u.png

And then I modded the PPS shell side-sadle and shell catcher and fit onto the shotty, as well as my new MRO red-dot sight :D

UyLaUOW.png

9LA3CUt.png

CKY7oVu.png

jHrYBoJ.png

Edited by NonEx
  • Like 3

This might be the dumbest thing I've ever made... I can easily 3D print them at home and do them in batches over night / while I'm away, by combining them into a bunch, it's still too expensive from Shapeways. 

Capture.jpg

http://shpws.me/OymB

20170520-225534.jpg

Low quality quick print test, looks pretty good, wish I had transparent filament still!

Edited by blobface
  • Like 3

All updated, but it was complaining some of the walls were too thin, so I had to thicken them, which brought the price down (weird)?! I'll just leave it on there in case someone wants it, but it's pretty pricey for something that just gets shot away, perhaps the thicker wall means it won't break after being shot out!

Edited by blobface