• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With a few exceptions, this is the business plan of almost all the entire airsoft industry.

Awww yeah.  Super Shorty version incoming  

FPR steel bolt, looks much more realistic than the original, cycles the same as before.   

Posted Images

Y u do dat? :P

By the way, I did another mod on the PPS shell catcher.

The APS one has a plastic "hood" running out into the top of the ejection port of the shell catcher to keep the ejection port clear for shells.

The PPS one did not have this and so what happens when you get a couple of shells in the PPS shell catcher pouch is it starts to sag and can prevent shells from ejecting properly.

So I cut off the one from the APS one, opened up the stitches on the PPS one, and superglued the plastic hood in place :P

Kinda hard to describe but if you have the APS shell catcher you will know what I mean.

Edited by NonEx
FYI, SWAP, I am going to give you a shoutout and link in my unboxing video of these items, big thumbs up on your videos and inspiration! :D

Also saves me from doing a "how to" video on modding these to fit, hehe.

Oh, you... :wub:

The first airsoft video I showed to my youtube partner Octo-pi was actually one of yours. The Inokatsu 1911 unboxing. She cried.

I have a 1911 unboxing in the works myself, and I hope you all like it.

Thanks a lot for the shout-out!

• Like 1

Looks like Dominator is going gas-in-bolt too?

https://www.facebook.com/dominatorinternational/photos/rpp.840329289407643/1325810510859516/?type=3&theater

I doubt they're doing it to compete with APS, seems like there are legal issues?

Seems like one day there will be no gas-in-shell ejectors :(

I still don't get why they even bother, might as well get a TM 870 at that point.

Yeh, kinda... Glad I got my two APS CAM870 original models and a pack of smart shells on the way :D

But the PPS has an inner barrel doesn't it? So it wouldn't be as prone to modding to shoot "real" stuff as APS?

Maybe just a precaution or the government has told them that is how it has to be.

I still can't get over that APS gas-in-bolt 15 shots per fill spec. That is just not cool :( 

Edited by NonEx
  • Like 1

Oooh, guys!

I just thought of my next iteration build of the APS CAM870 shorty :D

As the pics above, but with a 16" threaded barrel, 2" breach muzzle, red fiber optic sight, +1 extension and an SAI mag tube clamp.

Now that is gonna be sexhaaaay :) 

Yeah I just saw that as well, forgot to come back here and post.

I mean, sure, legal issues, I get it, what are they gonna do. But sheit that is a huge down-grade in so many ways.

Again, I am soooo glad I have the old stuff on hand :D

I just sent out an email to APS asking them about the future of parts and support for the original APS CAM870 platform.

Also on a very positive note, I got a partial, well actually pretty significant, sponsorship delivery coming in from APS :D

I've been a fan of the platform from day one and I really like APS as a company and their customer support and response times are awesome. Bought from their shop multiple times and got spare parts under warranty and everything.

Anyways. Since I made a lot of videos about the system, which they also used on their website, with my permission. I was looking at getting some stuff to upgrade my SAI 870 a bit and also a pack of smart shells.

So I contacted them and asked nicely if they would consider sponsoring me with some stuff and they agreed and I paid a fraction of the price for the stuff :D

I don't really feel comfortable "begging" for sponsorship but in this situation where I am such a big for of the platform, and I've contributed with a lot of videos and information and sort of marketing I guess,  and I know they are good a good company and treat me and other customers well I figured I would go for it!

So, awesome APS sponsored unboxing video coming as soon as I get delivery :-)

Edited by NonEx
  • Like 1

And confirm I will! :D

I asked this; 

Hi, 

Me again
:D

I see the videos and information about the APS CAM870 MKII system, and as a big fan of the original I am disappointed in the changes in the design.

But I also understand because of the legal issues some months ago maybe you have no choice ;-(

But, my question is like this: Is the MKII the only thing you will offer moving forward, or is the status the same as when I asked last that you will continue to support the original platform with parts and shells for some time?

If so, how long?

I am worried maybe I will not be able to get parts and shells for the original system and be forced to the new, in my opinion, not as good MKII version.
:o

I hope you understand and I am very sorry for the situation you are in regarding the platform because, well as you know by now, I absolutely love the original APS CAM870 system
:D

Thank you!

/ C

And APS responded with this; 

Hello Chris

Thanks for your email. Some customer complaints about the original CAM870 system by saying the cartridge shells are too expensive and the charing of the shells are time wasting and complicated:) In the reality, we are unable to satisfy everyone in the world. 

But the good thing is, the Gas Bolt used in CAM MKII is fully compatible with the original 870, that means the owner of original CAM870 could simply change the bolt if he want to play with this new system. 

We understand there are kind of customers (who support the original 870 system / who support the new Gas Bolt system), so we will continue to sell the original shells and parts. I can’t guarantee how long we will be selling them, it always depends on the demand. I will say at least 1 to 2 years. If the use of original 870 is still in high demand, we don’t find any reasons to stop selling them after 2 years. 

So yah, no need to panic. And as always I get a good solid response within 24 hours of contacting them. Top notch! :D

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone played around with APS shells in winter or otherwise cold conditions, like -5°C and below? NonEx?

I've been planning to get something simple and robust for my winter skirmishes because everything so far has failed in AEGs. I assume that the gun it self would work pretty flawlessly, shells being the only point of failure.

Secondly, if I opt for cam870 could I load its shells night before or in the morning of the game day? Do they leak much in bit longer time period or is it too bad for seals?

Feedback is appreciated! Thanks.

Has anyone played around with APS shells in winter or otherwise cold conditions, like -5°C and below? NonEx?

I've been planning to get something simple and robust for my winter skirmishes because everything so far has failed in AEGs. I assume that the gun it self would work pretty flawlessly, shells being the only point of failure.

Secondly, if I opt for cam870 could I load its shells night before or in the morning of the game day? Do they leak much in bit longer time period or is it too bad for seals?

Feedback is appreciated! Thanks.

CO2 works flawless in cold climate,-5, unsure, lowest was 5-10 degrees for me -  but don't see a problem.

you will want the new smart shells, because it's easier to load! You should not pre-load the CO2 over night!

As with all gas guns, you need to maintain the shells, by lubing and cleaning them properly. As long as you do that, it'll be fine.

• Like 1

Nope, I barely have experience in any weather condition unfortunately :P 

As BioRage said, the new smart shells are this shizz! :D

And do not preload before.

What I saw one guy doing is unscrewing the actual gas container after loading the shells with wadding and BBs and then filling the base/containers on game day and screwing them back on to safe time on loading. 

• Like 2

They should make them HPA ready from the get go and forget about gas reservoirs, limited shots and all that ######.

The Maruzens can do that already, just replace the stock gas tank with an external line. The 870s then need a stronger hammer spring and the 1100s need a replacement extractor, but after those modifications you're good to go for 9 BBs per shot.

• Like 1

New MKII shells are available from eHobbyAsia and are about half price of original system shells and smart shells.

$90 USD for 25 pack ($3.6 USD per shell) and $15.50 for a 4 pack ($3.85 USD per shell).

25 pack: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/a-p-s-cam-mkii-870-shotgun-co2-cartridge-25pcs-pack.html#.WUsCzGh94uU

4 pack: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/a-p-s-cam-mkii-870-shotgun-co2-cartridge-4pcs-white.html#.WUsCzmh94uU

Smart shells are $195 USD for 25 pack ($7.8 USD per shell) and 4 pack are $36 USD ($9 USD per shell).

Not sure if there was an update here but the supposed capacity of the gas in bolt MKII APS CAM870 system is somewhere around 12-15 shots :o

Edited by NonEx

New MKII shells are available from eHobbyAsia and are about half price of original system shells and smart shells.

$90 USD for 25 pack ($3.6 USD per shell) and $15.50 for a 4 pack ($3.85 USD per shell).

25 pack: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/a-p-s-cam-mkii-870-shotgun-co2-cartridge-25pcs-pack.html#.WUsCzGh94uU

4 pack: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/a-p-s-cam-mkii-870-shotgun-co2-cartridge-4pcs-white.html#.WUsCzmh94uU

Smart shells are $195 USD for 25 pack ($7.8 USD per shell) and 4 pack are $36 USD ($9 USD per shell).

Not sure if there was an update here but the supposed capacity of the gas in bolt MKII APS CAM870 system is somewhere around 12-15 shots :o

Shells are cheap, which are ok, but not a fan of MKII system, based on those video I saw, the shots / bbs were dropping after 2 shots :S:S:S:S:S

Maybe OK for IPSC, but defo not for cqb gaming - imho smart shells are the way to go.

but will wait for your video :)

• Like 1