That's a good idea !

What do you think about barrel and extension compatibility ? ( to have the extension exactly at the end of the barrel )

I presume :

-24inch barrel + 11inch mag extension

-20inch barrel + 7.5inch extension

-16inch barrel + 1+extension ( the new one from aps )

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With a few exceptions, this is the business plan of almost all the entire airsoft industry.

Awww yeah.  Super Shorty version incoming  

FPR steel bolt, looks much more realistic than the original, cycles the same as before.   

Posted Images

Might need a dummy guide @Bankz, idea is good though.

I have a that new +1 extension from APS coming, also new GEN2 Bolt, titanium coating pin and other stuff.. will post deets when I get it in my mail box.

Stock length is way to long for me to clear rooms in CQB, tried to clear rooms at home, the gun is way to long with the Magpul SGA (which fits perfectly, no mods need, just need a new screw)

Will do a review sometime when I can...

14" Outerbarrel and 4+1 spring inbound, hopefully tomorrow in time for my CQB game on Saturday.

Also picked up a 20oz empire c02 paintball tank, will try that out later tonight.. also picked up a .75" hole puncher.. going to try the method of shooting without wads for gaming.

Edited by BioRage
  • Like 1

Half a sheet of toilet paper works well for wadding. Really decent spread!

Got my adapter and 88g co2 bottles today. As it's been pointed out it's much more expensive than the 12g capsules but so much easier to use. It's a struggle to get both of my capsules to pop most of the time.

For the wadding or for the cap?

I got a very thin layer of cardboard (Like ones you get from a pack of water bottles at the bottom) going to try those, and some hard pieces of paper for the wadding, and cap together.

Tried the toilet paper for the cap, works well too!

The capsules issue you can rectify by placing two small (Canadian nickels) together inbetween them.. your currency could probably figure out too!

For the wadding mate. I'm gonna experiment with other materials too like maybe some small squares of thin cloth.

Yeah I figured that out recently thanks. Still find it to be an annoying setup. Haha

Interesting, I will try the toiletpaper for the wadding tonight.

Do you use toilet paper for the cap as well?

Half a sheet of toilet paper works well for wadding. Really decent spread!

Got my adapter and 88g co2 bottles today. As it's been pointed out it's much more expensive than the 12g capsules but so much easier to use. It's a struggle to get both of my capsules to pop most of the time.

As mentioned above put in a spacer inbetween the capsules. But also, don't twist the top puncturing pin down by hand, tighten down the center allen screw with a tool. Will pretty much guarantee both get punctured.

Might need a dummy guide @Bankz, idea is good though.

I have a that new +1 extension from APS coming, also new GEN2 Bolt, titanium coating pin and other stuff.. will post deets when I get it in my mail box.

Stock length is way to long for me to clear rooms in CQB, tried to clear rooms at home, the gun is way to long with the Magpul SGA (which fits perfectly, no mods need, just need a new screw)

Will do a review sometime when I can...

14" Outerbarrel and 4+1 spring inbound, hopefully tomorrow in time for my CQB game on Saturday.

Also picked up a 20oz empire c02 paintball tank, will try that out later tonight.. also picked up a .75" hole puncher.. going to try the method of shooting without wads for gaming.

Shall do, i may well forget! Probably do one sunday/monday. Honestly super easy.

As for tube lengths, check Midway UK search for Nordic 870. Will give you the RS specs cant imagine they are that different.

I run my real one with a 28" barrel through tight areas and after a bit im all good, tis all about how you manipulate the shotty. When i first got it i was sure about chopping it to 26/24 but for me just wasnt worth it. (RS chop is £350 inc re chokeing)

Finally to add, ive started on my V2 spring assisted shell carrier. Holds 18 rounds and takes up 150mm or so of belt space.

On my phone my spelling will suck

As mentioned above put in a spacer inbetween the capsules. But also, don't twist the top puncturing pin down by hand, tighten down the center allen screw with a tool. Will pretty much guarantee both get punctured.

Yeah thanks I know how to do it I'm just saying it's a pain in the *albartroth* and would rather pay more for 88g tanks and just change them over in 10 seconds.

It's time consuming enough as it is so anything that reduces that time is worth the money in my book. :)

I'm still using the standard cardboard caps for the shells with half a sheet of toilet paper folded over several times as wadding. Perfect for cqb IMO.

Gamed it today. Loved it. Need to learn to gas it more then 3 seconds.

After two rounds and about 40 shells the fire pin broke. Was missing when I looked into the chamber. Was wondering why I couldn't shoot.

Pretty bubumed but hopefully my APS parts come in soon.

This gun scares people... Also shooting people make them scared I love it.

Used my homemade wads with .75" cardboard circles. Worked pretty well... Need to learn to pad it better.

Video pending.

• Like 1

Anyone know if the APS Shell Catcher for the Sniper Rifle will would ideally work on the CAM870?

http://www.evike.com/products/46937/ (see image 4)

Thinking of putting a piticanny rail on the CAM870, and adding this for a shell catcher substitute.. This way I can add a Red Dot onto the APS.

Else I was thinking of carving a hole in the Shell Catcher and trying to fid the Scope Mount.. http://www.evike.com/products/48680/

EDIT:

See images below, should actually fit shell catcher with some minor filing possibly.

http://www.modelwork615.com/aps-cam870/

Edited by BioRage

Doubt the rifle catcher will work.

I had a look at mine and I have the sight mount and if you mod the sight mount and catcher you could make them both work at the same time, but it won't be very pretty. I will try to do that on mine because the red-dot on this shotty is da shiznits! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Comparison images.

SF vs Magnum, 

Trades are different on the SF + Magnum, the SF has the Generation 2 bolt, where the Magnum has the generation 1 bolt. 

Not a fan of the SF grip, doesn't feel all that nice, definitely needs a RS one on there. The fore-grip needs a changing out too!

aps%20compare%20-%202.png

SF Police with 16" outer-barrel.

APS%20SF.png

Notice bolts are different.

aps%20compare%201.png

Edited by BioRage

Comparison images.

SF vs Magnum, 

Trades are different on the SF + Magnum, the SF has the Generation 2 bolt, where the Magnum has the generation 1 bolt. 

Not a fan of the SF grip, doesn't feel all that nice, definitely needs a RS one on there. The fore-grip needs a changing out too!

My SF and my Magnum both have the same bolt.

My SF and my Magnum both have the same bolt.

Guessing your magnum wasn't the first batch. I'm assuming mine was, thus generation 1 bolt. My new Generation 2 bolt + Titanium coated firing pin is in the mail, will do a side by side picture when I go pick it up tomorrow.

FYI Titanium Firing pin has fitment issues in the gen 1 bolts, Pretty sure they were specifically made for the Gen 2 bolts. Just thought everyone should know this, even though APS has not stated anything about it. For future reference, you should just order a new bolt for $40 USD (Gen 2) from APS directly, as I did.

• Like 1

FYI Titanium Firing pin has fitment issues in the gen 1 bolts, Pretty sure they were specifically made for the Gen 2 bolts. Just thought everyone should know this, even though APS has not stated anything about it. For future reference, you should just order a new bolt for $40 USD (Gen 2) from APS directly, as I did.

Okay, my good friend got official confirmation from APS that this statement is correct.

APS-concept replied and stated that the pushing pin is designed for gen 2 bolts, but they never stated it anywhere on the site or item description. Tghey stated it needs to be modified a bit with zero instructions, and also stated to contact local dealer for support... as if that would ever happen :P.

• 2 weeks later...