• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With a few exceptions, this is the business plan of almost all the entire airsoft industry.

Awww yeah.  Super Shorty version incoming  

FPR steel bolt, looks much more realistic than the original, cycles the same as before.   

Posted Images

Good to hear the paper towels work OK. I suppose I will get one when Evike gets them in. Thanks for checking.

I would just hate to have it like 2 years down the line and nobody has those wads in stock anymore and have it be useless.

Waiting for the short model?

Might as well buy a bunch of the wads and cover slips now while you can.

None of the trigger much is steel?

I *fruitcage* swear, APS, you can't just be innovative and then *badgeress* out and make it out of WE cheese. This won't do, someone get Bunny or Ace1 on the line.

Oh I haven't tried that. Will do for you.

From where? Evike doesnt even have them in stock, And i dont want to pay shipping from HK.

Airsplat has them, it's where i got mine (and the CO2 cartridges in bulk)

Real spec .12ga does not fit.

The chamber is much smaller.

Also the weak (Alu?) barrel would never withstand the pressure.

Funny enough the Hakkotsu shells fit perfectly into the Denix replica Wild West side-by-side shotgun. : )

unuvanen.jpg

However is as said before, the stocks are a drop-in fit with RS. Mounting rail is easily done with the extra rail part sold by APS.

I have also bought some 4mm Bbs to simulate birdshot rounds.

Anyone got a good idea of what to use as slugs?[

Here compared with the M500

y6ahypav.jpg

• Like 2

Good to hear about the discrepancy with the shell/bore size. Now to find me a Denix stagecoach shotgun! Also, for slugs, you could try containing the bbs in a thick membrane like a plastic bag of sorts similar to a cut shell slug. The bbs should scatter on impact against a hard target, but obviously should not be fired against people in game.

The sad truth is probably because steel is just too expensive to manufacture at least in small quantities.

Has there ever been an all (or all major parts) steel airsoft shotgun?

Steel would have been a nice contrast to the Alu M500. I mean that is one of the main characteristics of the M870.

I was thinking of how to simulate blued steel instead of the flat matt black, any pointers?

Does the APS shells fit the Mad-max too?

I think it probably needs some medium-modifications at least...

The problem with getting aftermarket manufacturers on board depends on overall sales. In total APS have sold less than 400 shotguns. For any aftermarket manufacturer, the MOQ in asia these days is over 1000 units. If only 400 shotguns have been sold, the chances of any manufacturer being able to sell off an initial run of aftermarket parts is not strong. Which is a shame since this platform has a lot of potential. But as others have pointed out, it has some weak components that have led to a few reports of breakages. I am still very interested in getting one regardless. Though whether or not a real shell can be chambered (including smaller shells such as 16, 20 and 28 gauge) is a legitimate concern. 

I wouldnt be too shocked if real 870 trigger components could be modified to work. And if thats the case, those are easy as hell to get. If the APS is in any way compatible with real parts like charging arms and shell lifters and things like that, then there is essentially an unlimited supply of them available for very low cost.

I would be especially insterested in wether a real shell lifter works with or without modifications, as thats a part that seems to be a weak spot on all the other shell ejecting shotguns.

Edited by Brigg

I wouldnt be too shocked if real 870 trigger components could be modified to work. And if thats the case, those are easy as hell to get. If the APS is in any way compatible with real parts like charging arms and shell lifters and things like that, then there is essentially an unlimited supply of them available for very low cost.

I would be especially insterested in wether a real shell lifter works with or without modifications, as thats a part that seems to be a weak spot on all the other shell ejecting shotguns.

I read somewhere that real shell lifters fit. 

Come to think of it, nobody's mentioned if this is a Tanaka clone or not. If it is, then yes, many internal real steel components will fit.

I'll gladly test a tanaka shell if someone mails me one! :)

I have a RS side saddle just laying around and I want to make it fit my cam870 when it comes in a few days. I have no pins for it... What are my options? I know that Aps sells pins for the scope mount, would they fit? I would be thankful for any kind of help :)

Theres really no way to know for sure until you have all the parts in your hand. Worst case scenario, its unlikely that the pins used are too far off from a commonly available bolt size, so theres always the option of using nuts and bolts. I mean, it is an 870 after all, probably the most common commercial pump action, so people do weird stuff with them all the time, almost as much as with 10/22's.

Theres basically nothing you can do with it that hasnt been done already, so theres no way to make it look wrong.

Edited by Brigg

I'm a bit confused here in the shortened version of the cam870sf.

all of the data I read and all the reviews stated that the magazine capacity was 4+1.

Meaning 4 in the magazine and 1 in the chamber.

But in this video at 1:17 mark, the guy racked the gun, loaded 5 shells and racked it again to load the first shell and fired 5 rds.

So does it mean it is actually 5+1??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmC2yDsgQoY#t=85

• Like 1