• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With a few exceptions, this is the business plan of almost all the entire airsoft industry.

Awww yeah.  Super Shorty version incoming  

FPR steel bolt, looks much more realistic than the original, cycles the same as before.   

Posted Images

I am the third owner of mine and i think he is the second or third owner of his so no idea but they where both fullsize woodstocked when we got them. My brand spanking new Stainless/marine modell is stamped "cam870 MR 16D 000023" so low serial on that one to

Edited by Pompe

Between the pins on left lower side of the receiver it is a thin laser engraving.

Probably first part is model / run and the latter a real serial.

Me and a friend ordered ours at the same time and got sequential numbers.

Scroll up and look at the picture of the receivers I posted and you will see it.

• Like 1

If you're curious mine has serial number CAM 14E 001204. Purchased directly from APS on August 25th 2014. Full length wood kit version.

You could always email APS and ask if you want to know more. http://www.aps-concept.com/index.php?route=information/contact

AirsoftGlobal lists the APS CAM870 full length wood kit version as being added to their site on April 25th 2014 so that should be within a month of it's original release.

Edited by NonEx

This corresponds well with our serials

CAM 14E 000745

CAM 14E 000746

bought from UN company in 6/14/2014

Same early run

My aps cam aow has the serial

CAM 870 AOW 15D 000389

bought from MOAI Hobby

in 7/21/2015

Maybe the number 15D is the generation and variation of the bolt?

Edited by Cesare

Well if you have any doubts about APS as a company I can definitely vouch for them being nothing but awesome! :D

So I contacted them about my APS CAM870 where I had ended up with a broken bolt plate, non working trigger, broken magazine cradle. I flat out told them that the problems/broken parts were most likely my own fault from forcing the bolt when locked up and modding the stuff etc.

I asked if they could do a custom order for me and sell me what I needed.

They said they would not provide the trigger alone because of how complicated the trigger group is (I didn't tell them I knew how to take it apart :P ), and that they would instead send me a full trigger group pack under warranty, free of charge, plus shipping cost.

So they set up a custom order for me for what I needed, knocked off a few bucks on the price of everything as a token of good will / warranty, and sent the trigger pack as stated for free.

Most companies won't even respond to such requests, and if they do, won't sell you parts, much less send out free stuff under warranty.

I have emailed APS many times over the years regarding the CAM870 platform, placed 4 orders with them by now and I have nothing but good to say about them. Absolutely fantastic.

Sure, the platform is not perfect, problems occur, parts break. But just the fact that they acknowledge this, are providing spare parts readily available, and in my case even under warranty... It almost brings tears to my eyes.

Important thing to note about the warranty though is that I bought my APS CAM870 directly from the APS website (http://www.aps-concept.com). If you buy it from a retail store I assume you would be directed to them at first.

Anyways. Way thumbs up to APS! :D

Now I shall rebuild my APS CAM870 and go pew pew!

BTW, receiver I bought because I had drilled a few too many holes in the top when doing my rail base attachment and also trying to fix my stripped bolt plate locking lug screws lol. So it was time to get a new one of those :D

nx_aps_spare_parts_awesome.JPG

Edited by NonEx
  • Like 3

I sent a nice email to APS thanking them for their good customer service and just got a reply back :D

You are welcome Chris

Your support is our motivation and we will continue to make innovative Airsoft products for the market. Enjoy :)
  • Like 3

Recording a series of videos on the APS CAM870. Advanced field strip. Full bolt disassembly, full trigger group disassembly, and then some mods, tips and tricks, and then re-assembly.

But I came up with a pretty good slogan just now when recording the first part, taking out the pins on the receiver :D

lol

• Like 1

FYI IV 3D WorkShop on Facebook ( https://www.facebook.com/IV-3D-WorkShop-174432852902769/ ) have an aluminum CNC bolt locking block available as well as a steel CNC bolt plate made.

Since the top lip on my bolt locking block that is hitting the bolt stopping plate (inlaid in the top of the receiver) is worn down, and I had a cracked bolt plate, I am talking to them right now to get both parts sent to me ASAP :D

Bolt locking block was $25 USD, no price yet for the bolt plate.

FYI you can prolong the life of your bolt locking block (this is the thing that sits vertically inside the bolt body) by flipping it 180 degrees since it is symmetrical in shape. That way you get a non-work flush face towards the bolt stopping plate.

PM them on FB for questions or price quotes.

Edited by NonEx

OKi got my refund and a working tracking number after some nagging. Don't like that kind of thing especially when they say "Will send right away!" :|

Also I have recorded like 1/3rd of the APS CAM870 video series and my rifle is currently in a series of zip-lock bags completely disassembled :D

There will be a multi-part video in the videos series covering mods, tips n tricks and sort of "how things work", or sometimes why they don't, and how it should work :D

Edited by NonEx
  • Like 1

Hmmm, odd. Never seen those types of cuts on any of mine.

Did you replace with APS OEM ones or did you source somewhere else? 

If so what spec o-rings did you get for those?

BTW I noticed a negative side effect of my rim service cuts. The Dremel pushed some aluminum material in towards the valve stem making them a bit sticky. So run a file on the inside edge if you do those service cuts to smoothen them out.

Edited by NonEx

I am replacing with APS orings. Now I have some of these out of shells I'll send them to the guys I buy orings from and see if they can match them in bulk. 

I'm dallying with drilling out the caps until I have a new vice for my pillar drill.

Entertained myself today by Devil modding all my co2 GHK mags also.

Just picked up the IV 3D WorkShop aluminum bolt stopping block. Really nice piece. Perfect fit in the bolt. I guess only time will tell if it's durable or not. But considering that the original part seemed to be some sort of cast piece, this alu CNC seems promising :D

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Talking about serial numbers, here is mine on the AOW shotgun.

APS were damn good sports and sent me a new barrel for free because the shotgun I bought wasn't supposed to be sold but were only sent out to airsoft shops for picture taking, it works but the threads wasn't finished in the right size. They sent out 20 unfinished shotguns that were meant to be sent back to them.  :)

tumblr_o9fk1tTdxH1ur6nigo1_1280.jpg

Edited by Safeword
  • Like 1