• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With a few exceptions, this is the business plan of almost all the entire airsoft industry.

Awww yeah.  Super Shorty version incoming  

FPR steel bolt, looks much more realistic than the original, cycles the same as before.   

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed that some of my shells don't have the slot for the o-ring between the shell body and plastic case? Does that mean the o-ring is redundant?

Whuat?

Pics please.

Think he means when you twist off the plastic shell cover to reveal the aluminum shell, the black o-ring that sits there under the shell. 

<stolen from YT>

8UYUj5b.png

From my understanding and experience, by factory they should be included, but I've had some "used" ones that were not included; I ran them fine with zero issues. 

I thought it was something to do with preventing the CO2 of discharging backwards somehow...I'm not sure, but no o-rings doesn't have a discernible effect. 

Also I found steel parts by 'Bow Master', never seen them mentioned before:

http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?cPath=29_351&products_id=12440&osCsid=uckaia74m2ipt45bbsl1o8suc7

http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?cPath=29_351&products_id=11946&osCsid=uckaia74m2ipt45bbsl1o8suc7

• Like 1

I think the intent of the O-ring was to prevent CO2 pressure from leaking out the back of the hull when fired, but since the hull itself seems to provide a good enough seal it seems to have been omitted sometime during production.

On designs like the Goblin, the hull is a friction fit, so it uses O-rings on the shell to both seal and prevent the hull from falling off.

So on the one hand, having a gun that works like the real thing is pretty cool, and gas-in-shell means no worrying about keeping the gun gassed. Putting the gas in the gun seems like a step backwards in that respect. And, of course, I can't convert non-APS guns to use APS shells if the shell isn't a self-contained system.

On the other hand, the old Maruzen M870s could get dozens of shots on a single fill, and CO2 is much more efficient. My Wingun revolvers can fire 6 BBs at close to 300FPS and do about a hundred shots on a single CO2 cartridge, so I don't think 30-50 is completely out of the question for a container the size of an 870 bolt. And if it means cheaper shells and faster loading, that seems like it might be a decent tradeoff to me.

I'll have to see how it performs. If it requires gassing every ten shots then I'll pass, but if it can do a decent number of shots and results in cheap shells then I could see it being very successful. Right now the two reasons players cite for not buying the APS shotguns are the cost of shells and the time it takes to load them- this might be able to address both issues. Or it might just suck. Time will tell.

Edited by CatgutViolin

Terrible how it looks like. Why they didn't placed the inlet valve to not visilbe place - like bottom of bolt carrier?

I do not worried about the gas capacity, CO2 is really effective. If the sealings can keep the gas pressue without leaking it will be worth of use it. The bolt carrier can store a few gramms of CO2 - a GHK GBBR can shoot 40-50 cycle with CO2 magazine and there the CO2 need to move a heavy steel or zamak bolt carrier group (over 300g weight)...

Exactly.

Stupid criminals ruining things for us.

Really glad I got the original model and 40 shells for it. But I will have to order some more shells for sure :o

Did anyone try the new "smart shells" ? The ones that you fill directly in the valve stem without mounting it in the CO2 loader.

Edited by NonEx

Got to remember most people play IPSC in HK.. so I would suggest it will last a good 3 gun Round. Their method here also prevents people from shooting random stuff out of the shells.

Shooting random stuff out the shells is the fun part. Might as well get a pps at that rate.

Am I missing something here? At 0:09 it looks like the hulls are the same as the current ones. They certainly don't appear to have inner barrels, which would be the only thing precluding you from using them to shoot random stuff.

Edited by CatgutViolin

I suppose we'll have to see, the power output might be a lot less. Also, this will stop you from using HPA at higher PSI. Also the added complexity within the bolt...I prefer the shells being the only thing that can leak.

• Like 1