HW Helmentworld - Great store, great folks and great service

Hi All

I cant seem to find anywhere on the forum to post this so apologies if it's in the wrong place! Just wanted to add a quick recommendation for a shop on ebay I've purchased a few bits from.

The link is; http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Helmet-World

helmetworld_zpsd88d15e1.png

I bought a few bits from them and one of the items went faulty on its first outing, I contacted them and they couldn't have been more helpful and generally decent chaps. They sorted me out a replacement ASAP, communication was great and everything was handled super fast. I've had some bad experiences with some of the ebay sellers and its nice to come across someone that is happy and go's that little extra to help you out.

I wish more could be said for the current seller I'm trying to return an item to (airsofthawk), they wont even answer my messages or respond to a case I've had to open!

So checkout:  http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Helmet-World  Great store, great folks and great service  :-)

Edited by xrayhead

When I had an issue with a pair of trousers from them on the 3rd time of wearing them, they told me to do one and buy crye precision trousers if I expect decent quality, which they don't stock. They also claimed that loads of our soldiers buy and wear emerson MC trousers on tour in afghan and have never complained. 

Personally I avoid at all costs which is a shame as they often come up when looking for bits on ebay and they are often the only uk based company to stock bits i want to buy, so I end up importing. 

When I had an issue with a pair of trousers from them on the 3rd time of wearing them, they told me to do one and buy crye precision trousers if I expect decent quality, which they don't stock. They also claimed that loads of our soldiers buy and wear emerson MC trousers on tour in afghan and have never complained. 

Personally I avoid at all costs which is a shame as they often come up when looking for bits on ebay and they are often the only uk based company to stock bits i want to buy, so I end up importing. 

Thats a shame .....

They've a dedicated website too, but tbh it's probably easier to browse eBay as it's a bit of a mess. Couple of mates have bought from there regularly and not had an issue. I've just bought some sordins and a midland PTT today so I'll find out for myself what they're like too. I did buy a lonex piston and piston head from them a whole ago and they seemed good then.

The clothing one is a difficult one to get right though, they are repro trousers and from their point of view, they don't know how you treated them to cause the issue. Perhaps they could have dealt with it better and discussed the issue but clothing used in an environment full of snag and tear hazards must be a pain.

I am sure loads of people have used them and had a great service from them.Their prices seem competitive and the item arrived quickly and as described, this was not my first purchase from them. However, regardless of what the item is they still should have helped in some way under the sale of goods act, either by arrange for a repair, or but providing a replacement pair of trousers (for info a seam went). While they were repros, I would still expect to wear a pair of £50 trousers more than 3 times. 

It's easy to base the perception of a company purely on feedback when everything goes right, a great company proves it when it goes wrong and this is one of the few times I have been irked enough by a company to every provide negative feedback publicly. 

My overall advice would be that I am probably that 1 in a 1000 customer that had an issue and they didn't prove they were a great company to me, and based on that I avoid them, however if they have something you want get it, but with the knowledge that if it goes wrong you may not get the same after care support you would normally associate with buying from a UK customer even with the legislation that is meant to protect you. (I didn't pursue it any further than direct with the company, I needed the trousers for an event and I had someone repair them for me).