Golden Eagle BIZON 2 SMG

Hi folks,

Thought I'd stick together a mini review of the Golden Eagle BIZON-2 SMG (also known as the PP-19).

History:

Original BIZON developed in the early 90's for the MVD and was designed for law enforcement along with counter terrorism.

Has a unique horizontal magazine which holds 64 rounds of 9 x 18mm.

Can be chambered for other calibres.

60% compatibility with an AKS-74.

Features:

Stamped steel receiver and stock.

Sights out to 100 meters

64 round helical magazine or 35 round box magazine (PPSH)

Airsoft Version:

bizon_zpsffa846fc.jpg

I bought this from cop9gun.com and it really is a budget AEG but for an AEG that costs £64 I wasn't expecting a Systema. With shipping and customs fees it works out at sub £100. Sadly it was held in customs for 9 weeks as they are a bit rubbish at times.

bizon1_zpsbc6d949d.jpg

bizon3_zps762b9441.jpg

Pro's:

well-built AEG which is suited well for CQB environments.

Magazine features a good design which stops the BB's rattling about.

Type 3 gearbox and AK style hop unit (easy to source and fix)

Con's:

Plastic receiver and stock

no scope mount

Comments:

Out the box it's firing around the 365 FPS mark and seems pretty accurate for the length of inner barrel. It takes stick batteries using a mini tamiya connector and with a 7.4v Lipo it has a good rate of fire with a quick trigger response. The battery goes through the gas block and has loads of room for a 7.4 or even a 11.1v stick Lipo.

battery_zps4dc5b061.jpg

In the box you get a battery, charger, cleaning rod, sight adjustment tool and a manual. Basically all this is in the bin now. I especially liked the manual as it's for an AK and has nothing to do with the BIZON in it.

The hop unit adjusts like most AK variants and the installed hop rubber seems to do its job well.

hop_zps21efc772.jpg

The magazine is a unique design as far as I can tell and looks to be well made. It using a system I've not seen before where you pull back a small lever so that a spring is compressed. At this point you open the lid on the magazine where you put the BB's. The open lid holds the spring in place and once you have filled it with about 1 million BB's closing the lid allows the spring to ease off which in turn puts pressure on the loaded BB's and stops them rattling when you move the magazine. It's a good design to be honest and I'd like to see it on other Hicap magazines. The magazine is charged as per other Hicaps by winding a wheel.

magazine_zps13020acb.jpg

The receiver and stock are plastic. Not a lot to say really apart from the receiver is solid and well cast. The stock is solid plastic and seems solid enough. I would normally have reservations about a plastic stock but it seems to be made from a very tough plastic and doesn't look like it will snap easily. If it does then a metal stock could probably be modded to fit.

The BIZON doesn't come with a scope mount. That's a bit like buying a car and finding that it has no seats. To sort this out I stuck a CYMA scope mount to the side of the receiver. This is a 20 minute job involving a dremel and a drill. Once it was installed then a Cobra was an easy fit.

bizon2_zpsff5effb1.jpg

Conclusion:

If you are after something a little different, cheap, easy to maintain and reliable out the box then you should consider the BIZON-2. The plastic receiver and stock seem a bit cheap but that's because it is.

I've stuck together some Q&A's some people might have.

Can you get spare magazines?

no idea but the supplied magazine holes a good 1000+ BB's so reloading isn't going to be a big issue.

Can you swap the plastic receiver and stock for a metal one?

The stock most likely however you'd need to modify a metal receiver and even then it would be a big job.

Are any parts metal?

The top cover, front sight, rear sight, flash hider, trigger guard, magazine catch and selector lever are metal of some sort. Some are magnetic and others not.

Does it have a MOSFET?

no but fitting one is possible because of the space in the front hand guard.

What's the QC like?

As with all ACM AEG's it is always worth giving it a once over to make sure everything is tight.

Will it get me the ladies?

It’s 100% effective 60% of the time.

• Like 1

The plastic on plastic stock is a worry, since I've seen a couple metal bodied AK AEGs with metal skeleton stocks that were pretty flimsy.   

Echo1 is reselling this here under the pointless Genesis VIKTOR name for $160, spare 1000rd highcaps are $18:

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=17627

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=17628

airsoft-echo1-genisis-viktor-f.jpg

If the mags are compatible with Silverback's this could be interesting :D

Evike says they are: http://www.evike.com/products/48909/ 

Compatibility: For Silverback / Matrix / Echo1 PP-19 / VIKTOR / Bizon Airsoft AEG Rifles
Capacity: 1000rds

They might be wrong, but since they appear to have the Silverback in stock (for the same price as the plastic one) someone could drop by and double check.

• 2 weeks later...

Evike says they are: http://www.evike.com/products/48909/ 

They might be wrong, but since they appear to have the Silverback in stock (for the same price as the plastic one) someone could drop by and double check.

That looks like the S&T/AY clone of the Silverback Bizon,they just used their presentation/ad video for the Silverback on that link since it's a clone.