Issue with refund from UNcompany

j3T

I ordered a custom pistol and some parts from UNcompany a little more than 2 months ago. They informed me it was out of stock (although it said in stock on the website) and I selected a different custom replica. Everything calculated the value of the modified order was 145,21 USD less than the original order. I have been asking about the refund for the difference in value since the custom replica arrived. They gave me some ridiculous excuses (for example that their boss was on a business trip and they were unable to process a refund).

The last communication that I received from them was more than 2 weeks ago. I have since then send 3 new emails which were never answered. I can only assume they decided to not refund me my money. I've been a regular customer of UNcompany for the past years but this is unheard of. I consider this theft. It's been too long to file a paypal claim, so that's no longer a possibility. Does anyone have any idea's for other steps that I can take against them?

Thank you for reading.

call your bank or cc company and explain the situation(bring proof if you talk in person) and they may be able to help out where paypal can't.

Beyond that, contact a hong kong member here and maybe someone will be kind enough to help you. Having a representative talk to them in person may motivate them to process the refund.

But if I do a chargeback on a credit card that is used with Paypal I will likely lose my account, no?

Would filing a complaint with the local police make a difference? I realise it's probably not worth their their for such an international theft but still.

call your bank or cc company and explain the situation(bring proof if you talk in person) and they may be able to help out where paypal can't.

Beyond that, contact a hong kong member here and maybe someone will be kind enough to help you. Having a representative talk to them in person may motivate them to process the refund.

To expand on what Horsem4n said, I would first call Paypal to notify them of the situation. Even though the duration for filing a claim has run out, they are still able to make a note on your account. After you do so, initiate a chargeback with your CC for the amount owed.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived