Importing From Overseas

ShakingBanana

Simply not the case at all,  please don't spread mis-information because a lot of people lurk these forums and are likely to believe what they read.  Almost every RIF purchase I've made over the last 6 years or so has come from HK, never had anything seized and I'm far from the only person in that same situation.  I've had stuff stopped and queried by ignorant customs agents causing delays on 2 occasions but that's it, I've always received the items as long as I've satisfied customs r.e. my VCRA defence and again, I'm far from the only person that's been in the same situation.

Import taxes are largely made up of VAT, which is of course based entirely on the monetary value of the items.  The other import tax that kicks in above a certain value is again value based for the most part.  I'm not aware of weight having anything to do with it.

The details are here:

https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-duty

Or, like me, order a $600 custom m4, have it shipped with TNT, whose plane makes an inbetween stop in Malaysia and have it seized by Malaysian customs, never to be seen again.

Never say never.

Or, like me, order a $600 custom m4, have it shipped with TNT, whose plane makes an inbetween stop in Malaysia and have it seized by Malaysian customs, never to be seen again.

Never say never.

So you're saying we should constantly worry about the 0.1% chance?  Honest question, I'm not quite sure.

I did say I'd personally never had anything seized, didn't say that nothing ever gets seized.  It does happen, but your case there is the first I've ever heard of that sort of thing happening and it's going to depend on the courier used, final destination, nature of the items, nature of the packaging and paperwork etc etc etc.

U know what? When i think about it, ive had more mistakes so called from obbg than anything from hk-dead guns, missing gas, wrong models; this has never happened from china sites-i get all my parts there but never a gun; the shippingfees go fromfair to utter cut your throat....

Theres a few uk based wholesalers tho7gh with good reputations; theres a team i knock about with and i rekember they all were armed with box fresh ak47s's one day -with more to sell. I think cymas but nice though with good wood. They paid about £50 a gun I think, though theyve become more popular since.

Archived