Would it not be possible to replace the pin the safety is on with the pin just the right length so it sits flush to the edges of the frame.. So technically the safety is still there and working but has no lever so is not physically functional?

No need for a new frame or reworked hammer mechanism surely? That is of course assuming the safety selector is on a rod/pin that runs the width of the frame, which I assume it is. 

Edited by DeltaZero
  • Like 1
  • Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tokyo Marui M&P 9   Well its arrived. I've never done a review before so please bear with me and be gentle, I've tried to cover as much as I can but I'm sure I've missed something! This is just

Finally got my hands on my M&P9!   Box. Pretty.     Apparently it was FPS tested, not that I really care that much.     Not sure when TM started doing this, but keeps my precious safe.

Just finished this. Its running like train and looks fantastic. Detonator slide cerakoted McMillian Grey, Nebula Frame in Magpul OD, controls in Graphite Black.   

Posted Images

Can't imagine it'd be impossible really! Makes perfect sense!

Its possible yes, its just that either way it would involve a complete strip of the hammer mechanism to replace the central rod of the safety,

it would need almost perfect fitting end pieces to fit back into the frame to seal the space that's left empty.

I'll take photos tomorrow to give you a better idea of what it looks like, the point I was making is that the procedure won't be easy.

I had a quick look today at the Marui M&P safety, the hammer mechanism is removed by taking out a roll-pin and a screw hidden under the back strap to release the mechanism from it's seating.

The mechanism comes out in one piece including the safety attached, the safety is easily removed and the gun will function normally, well it did for the few magazines I tested after removing it.

I hadn't got time to take the hammer mechanism itself apart, but it appears there was an internal support for the safety pin to go through.

A replacement aftermarket frame would be needed as spaces are left in the frame where the safeties were.

Cheers.

I had a quick look today at the Marui M&P safety, the hammer mechanism is removed by taking out a roll-pin and a screw hidden under the back strap to release the mechanism from it's seating.

The mechanism comes out in one piece including the safety attached, the safety is easily removed and the gun will function normally, well it did for the few magazines I tested after removing it.

I hadn't got time to take the hammer mechanism itself apart, but it appears there was an internal support for the safety pin to go through.

A replacement aftermarket frame would be needed as spaces are left in the frame where the safeties were.

Cheers.

Maybe rs frame plugs could be adapted. $3 per side.

post-31171-0-99828400-1408853104_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

OK, back with my RS M&P and an update.

IMG_0797.jpg

Backstraps are not drop-in compatible - there's an extra nub on the RS that probably needs to be shaved off. RS left, TM right.

IMG_0798.jpg

Mag release may look similar, but it isn't a practical drop-in swap.

IMG_0799.jpg

They fit, but there's a massive gap between the catch and the frame. Makes the mag release wobble a ton.

IMG_0800.jpg

IMG_0801.jpg

Also the catch doesn't lock the mag up all the way, which makes the gun lose slide lock function.

IMG_0802.jpg

Same problem w/ the stock S&W M&P catch (previous one was a 21stCG Catalyst mag catch).

IMG_0803.jpg

So, in summary:

1. Grips aren't swappable without a bit of filing.

2. Mag catches are practically not swappable.

• Like 2

Ehobby asia has them in stock as well. Just placed an order for a couple....

Side note...in case it matters...

There are no rubber recoil buffers that the front of the slide slams onto....so that means that the plastic slide may be hitting the metal rail frame of the gun.

For those that use higher pressure gas like green gas...it may be worth knowing.

cff72b3ad188fcd3cdd40cfd9982c9bf.jpg

In case it has not been mentioned....some brass (inner barrel) showing through the breach....pretty cool IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Correction.....it's not the inner barrel. Looking back at the previous photo, it might just be a gold colored adhesive of some sort...or maybe even an actual brass insert of some sort. Either way, the lil bit of brass showing is by design.

Edit:

Removed the right thumb safety. Left thumb safety clicks into place but does not lock the trigger into safe. What the left thumb safety does now is that it covers the hole that would have been left if it was removed as well. It clicks. .. It stays in place... But no safety function.

Edited by sacairsoftsn00py
  • Like 1