• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tokyo Marui M&P 9   Well its arrived. I've never done a review before so please bear with me and be gentle, I've tried to cover as much as I can but I'm sure I've missed something! This is just

Finally got my hands on my M&P9!   Box. Pretty.     Apparently it was FPS tested, not that I really care that much.     Not sure when TM started doing this, but keeps my precious safe.

Just finished this. Its running like train and looks fantastic. Detonator slide cerakoted McMillian Grey, Nebula Frame in Magpul OD, controls in Graphite Black.   

Posted Images

I have noticed that after about 15 to 20 reps of dry firing, the magazine's follower started to get chewed up a little. So I'm now using the included spacer that allows you to dry fire without holding down the slide release. Considering how snappy this gun is, I am really curious to see how the slide holds up over time.

The nozzle I've just attacked with a bit of silicone and it's returning as it should

Did you get a nice big puff of gas before the nozzle started sticking like a sod? If so then lubing it and jacking it a bit will help as it is something that I have seen quite a bit when I start using any pistol too hard and fast.

Either way I just shot mine on some Ultra with the little slide catch blockers that TM give you with pistol now. I know it feeds fine and the blowback does seem rather powerful once it gets going, again quite close to my 1911s and less like a Glock.

As for VFC over TM well I don't think there are that many VFC owners on here, a few but not many. As for the TM I am sure I for one will be getting it out and about once my third mag turns up.

'FireKnife'

Ive been popping through mags worths on green for a couple weeks now and havent had a single problem other than a couple light strikes on the first couple shots per mag after sitting a while after loaded. Mind you the temp here has been a constant 90 degrees so it may be a bit too high for the OEM hammer spring.

I also have a VFC m&p9 and noticed it light strikes on green in warm environment also but the difference is the vfc has to be manually cycled until it starts chugging away while the TM the cycles "softer" until ideal pressure then really blows back at full speed. None of mine have locked up like thatguy404s on plastic and detonator slides.

Has anyone taken it down to see if hammer springs are similar to TM glock?

While had another few clacks away with mine and the gun seems to be fine, nothing looks out of place at all.

But then I seem to have some stupid affinity with TM pistols, seriously. I never seem to get matching issues to what other people get.

Saying that if my M&P third magazine arrives by tomorrow then I might take it to a Tuesday night indoor event and see how it goes, as it will easily see a couple hundred rounds at this place.

'FireKnife'

I'm curious as to what people's opinions are as to how this compares to the new TM HK45 in terms of kick, feel and overall performance? (I've yet to hold or shoot either).

I'm very happy with my TM Glock 17 Custom, as I love the thumb rest. Also very happy with my TM Sig P226 E2, should anybody care to compare. Fireknife, I see you have listed the E2 ahead of the M&P9.....why?

I'm still keen to try an XDM too.

Cheers.

I have sent Ryaw a short PM about trying the M&P.

As for the comparison I would say the kick on the M&P9 is not weaker but due to the designs of the two guns, high beavertailed striker over a hammer fired gun with a bigger back end, the M&P9 is easier to control.

I have put the M&P9 below the P226 E2 as the ergonomics of the E2 felt better to me. When a gun is near enough equal to another in terms of performance my list then changes to personal little things to seperate them apart from each other. The E2 just fit me a touch better and I like little things about it but on a flat performance scale I would say they are near enough the same.

Also speaking of XDMs, should have mine on order next week so can do a straight up comparison then if anyone wants one?

'FireKnife'

Has anyone tried to mount a light to their M&P yet? I am looking for one at the moment for use (right now) on my Marui Glock 17 but will be used on an M&P when I get one later, seen and read a couple of reviewers mention a tight fit with real accessories and wobbly fit with copies and wondered if anyone had given it a go with theirs?

Also, and a bit wierder, how do the magazines for the M&P stack up dimensions wise to other models? I have a Fobus magazine carrier (one of the paddle ones) which caried PX4 magazines nice and snugly but are far too small for the Glock. I am buying a new set for the Glock but wondered if there was a point keeping the old one to try with the M&P when the time comes or if they are sized more like the fatter Glock magazines?

Chris