Im going to do my trigger mod when I get back too and remove the UAC parts..

I've got another M&P on the way so going to hold off doing the Nova build till that arrives.. Saves me dismantling it over and over.. Should be here this week fingers crossed!

Could you please take some photos of the slide? The photos on the websites don't do justiceeeee.. also minor comparison to detonator down the road please :).

@US

Yeah, no point to put some pricey RS set on imo. After I lost my front sight because I didn't glue the clip in... I'll make sure not to do that on my second piece.

If I feel like spending down the road, these are what I will pick up.

http://www.enten.co.jp/det-st-TM17.html

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tokyo Marui M&P 9   Well its arrived. I've never done a review before so please bear with me and be gentle, I've tried to cover as much as I can but I'm sure I've missed something! This is just

Finally got my hands on my M&P9!   Box. Pretty.     Apparently it was FPS tested, not that I really care that much.     Not sure when TM started doing this, but keeps my precious safe.

Just finished this. Its running like train and looks fantastic. Detonator slide cerakoted McMillian Grey, Nebula Frame in Magpul OD, controls in Graphite Black.   

Posted Images

Well its done.. and I now can't decide which I prefer.

For starters I've removed the UAC hammer from the first M&P and its now cycling no issue.. So I would assume that is the issue there. 

I did a weight comparison for all three slides etc:

Nova slide complete with BBU etc - 194g

ATEi slide complete with BBU etc - 211g

Stock slide complete with BBU etc - 157g

Nova slide stripped with included 10-8 sights - 69g

ATEi slide stripped with UAC steel tritium sights - 79g

Stock slide stripped with TM sights - 32g

Nova barrel stripped - 13g 

ATEi barrel stripped - 18g 

Stock barrel stripped - 6G

In terms of a comparison between the two makes I think I'm edging towards the Detonator. It just 'feels' slightly better. The finish on the Detonator is slightly better but the Nova is very good without a doubt. Trades on both are nicely lasered/engraved. I think I prefer the UAC sights to the 10-8 style sights but thats just personal preference really.. both are very easy to use. One down side of the Nova is the extractor is not spring which means it rattles around which is a shame.. I'm going to look at putting a few dabs of glue on the rear to stop that. 

Both slides seem to be a pretty good drop in fit.. I cycled the detonator slide around 6-700 times to work it in and will do the same for the Nova when I get a chance, but it's cycling with no issue really could just be a little smoother! 

My ultimate goal is to get one of the Detonator black threaded barrels for the Nova kit, testing with the ATEi silver barrel there are, fortunately, no cycling issues at all. 

As for photos you'll have to forgive my poor attempt.. it's very hard to get a good photo of this slide, it just shows as near white! But I've stollen some from Squad that he took from Enten to show you the silver slide better. It looks so much nicer in person as these things always do! 

rcylDoa.jpg

DGE9Zw0.jpg

lM7aGcz.jpg

WRx5bcD.jpg

Fqj7T4i.jpg

QYy8t8W.jpg

Qd9R7wd.jpg

• Like 3

Nova does look great, not a huge fan on the ATEI, sorry :)

Appreciate the details and the information.

My my, I will get a NOVA if my M&P comes in... this retailer keeps delaying my order.. 1 week, 2 weeks, now says end of month.

Might grab my deposit and keep the HK45 for now T_T.

Ok small update. I've been talking to UAC about the issues I was having with the hammer parts.. they were fantastic giving me advice etc on how to get things working.. I finally got round to putting the parts back in and giving it another go.

After reinstalling exactly as I had I tried cycling the pistol again and it was working fine, I didn't need to do anything! Not sure how I could've installed the hammer parts wrong as it is pretty simple in there really, but either way they're working no problem at all now! Thankfully! 

I will be placing another order for another trigger bar and hammer sear set. But they've just released info about a new lightweight BBU they've got planned, so I may wait to put the order through as one! 

So this past weekend I finally decided to chrono the gun; it only pumps out 225-230FPS on 0.25g's, but with the hopup adjusted it can easily touch out 75-90 feet. Cue TMmasterrace fanboy-ism :)

On a sidenote, how should I keep the hopup wheel stable? It seems every 2-3 mags, the hopup wheel wiggles out of setting and the hopup dials down by itself :/

Hi guys,

I was bored the other day and decided to try my hand at "stippling"

At the same time I undercut the trigger guard and removed the raised area of the RHS mag release.

So far, I haven't done too much to my gun, a nineball 6.00 tightbore, is so far the only upgrade...I'm still  waiting for someone to release a trigger for it.

post-55186-0-16944300-1426922948_thumb.jpg

post-55186-0-50670800-1426922973_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Both slides seem to be a pretty good drop in fit.. I cycled the detonator slide around 6-700 times to work it in and will do the same for the Nova when I get a chance, but it's cycling with no issue really could just be a little smoother! 

I forgot to ask, did you install a new inner barrel on the 5" Detonator ATEi M&P? I'm trying to figure out if I can upgrade the slide but just leave the original outer barrel, or if I need to get a longer inner barrel. 

I forgot to ask, did you install a new inner barrel on the 5" Detonator ATEi M&P? I'm trying to figure out if I can upgrade the slide but just leave the original outer barrel, or if I need to get a longer inner barrel.

I installed the stock barrel and then upgraded it to a PDI raven from my HiCapa 4.3 both aren't quite long enough but don't seem to have issues. I doubt you'll be able to use the standard outer barrel with the extended slide, think it'd catch on the internals.. Hang on lemme check for you!

Edit: can't use the shorter barrel as I thought it catches on the top slide cut and jams the slide.

4UeIZbD.jpg

Edited by DeltaZero

Sorry. It was a typo on my part. I meant inner barrel, not outer barrel. Was trying to figure out if I could leave the stock inner barrel in the long slide M&P or if I had to upgrade to the longer inner barrel for it.

Any idea what the appropriate length inner barrel is for the long slide M&P? And did you see a significant velocity increase with a longer barrel?

Edit: I will admit I'm very tempted to get both the Costa/ATEi slides in long and short versions to match my RS Costa/ATEi long and short guns … but I'd probably never use them. I am very likely going to get the Detonator regular style long slide and possibly the 10-8 standard length. I just wish the long slide had full serrations and the 10-8 didn't have the 10-8 logo to match my real slides. Does anyone know the people at Detonator?

Edited by uscmCorps

Sorry. It was a typo on my part. I meant inner barrel, not outer barrel. Was trying to figure out if I could leave the stock inner barrel in the long slide M&P or if I had to upgrade to the longer inner barrel for it.

Any idea what the appropriate length inner barrel is for the long slide M&P? And did you see a significant velocity increase with a longer barrel?

Edit: I will admit I'm very tempted to get both the Costa/ATEi slides in long and short versions to match my RS Costa/ATEi long and short guns … but I'd probably never use them. I am very likely going to get the Detonator regular style long slide and possibly the 10-8 standard length. I just wish the long slide had full serrations and the 10-8 didn't have the 10-8 logo to match my real slides. Does anyone know the people at Detonator?

Ahh I had a feeling it could've been a typo!! You should be fine with the stock inner.

I can't comment on noticing an increase with the longer barrel.. The one I upgraded too was only 3-4mm longer so it won't have made much of a difference!! Was tighter but it was a negligible increase if there was one!

Edited by DeltaZero

Hmr, I just got my Detonator 10-8 slide in and when I rack it, the slide is having problems returning. There is a lot of friction I think on the BBU to the rear area of the frame where it houses the hammer and all. I took out the BBU and put the slide on, and its smooth as butter. As soon as I pop the BBU in, it cannot really move that well. I do have UAC internals...but I dont want to say it's those that are causing problems...What do I do :/

Edit:// Decided to switch back to stock hammer, and now it racks/cycles no problem. STRANGE. UAC hammer was indeed installed properly...not sure why it was having cycling problems :S

Edited by cav.

Im having the same issues.. Think it must be the hammer. I reinstalled everything and it was fine, went back to the UAC hammer and it was fine so assumed it was installation problems, after about 20 mags it's happening again..

Not sure what's happening but I will be investigating with UAC.