Got my TM M&P 9 V custom and it has been great.  Its stock except for the 6.03 barrel in it, and ill probably keep it that way since I'll only use 134a in it.  

Just a few things to confirm what others have been saying:

-Slide is harder to pull back the first time

-trigger is kind of spongy, but not as bad I thought. Mine has a definite reset point that you can hear and feel

-It really is that much more comfortable to hold compared to some other guns. I'm comparing to my TM Hi-Capa and G17 as well as my KJW m92 with tactical grip

I did recently try to install the UAC trigger mentioned earlier, but I can't get it to work, seems to be unable to make it fire. So I've switched back to the stock trigger. Any ideas on how to get it working? maybe I've missed something during installation.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tokyo Marui M&P 9   Well its arrived. I've never done a review before so please bear with me and be gentle, I've tried to cover as much as I can but I'm sure I've missed something! This is just

Finally got my hands on my M&P9!   Box. Pretty.     Apparently it was FPS tested, not that I really care that much.     Not sure when TM started doing this, but keeps my precious safe.

Just finished this. Its running like train and looks fantastic. Detonator slide cerakoted McMillian Grey, Nebula Frame in Magpul OD, controls in Graphite Black.   

Posted Images

The P226 and XDM are much the same, in RS you need to retract the slide to a point but on the Marui it just turns as normal.

At least on the HK45 and USPc you have a point in the slide that you have to push it to in order to strip it ;)

'FireKnife'

Random question, I was cleaning my M&P the other day and noticed (which I hadn't before) that I can rotate the slide breakdown leaver without half pulling back the slide, anyone else have this?

Oh, Im not the only one yay! Lol it bugged me a lot

So I finally got around with fixing the UAC hammer with the Detonator slide. It works just fine now, no cycling issues, or racking issues. Before the slide could rack but get stuck when it moves forward. To remedy this, you must file the circled surface (both sides) so when it rotates from the sear, it doesnt get stuck.

e8c274c831.jpg

I've also tried installing the UAC bbu and aluminium nozzle. At the moment I'm having issues where it is not smooth when racked. In fact, it cant really move at times, so I believe for those using non-stock slides will need to file here and there in order to get it working smoothly :( I have not gotten to tuning it up yet, so I cannot say much. 

Hope this helps you guys :>

• Like 1

So I finally got around with fixing the UAC hammer with the Detonator slide. It works just fine now, no cycling issues, or racking issues. Before the slide could rack but get stuck when it moves forward. To remedy this, you must file the circled surface (both sides) so when it rotates from the sear, it doesnt get stuck.

e8c274c831.jpg

I've also tried installing the UAC bbu and aluminium nozzle. At the moment I'm having issues where it is not smooth when racked. In fact, it cant really move at times, so I believe for those using non-stock slides will need to file here and there in order to get it working smoothly :( I have not gotten to tuning it up yet, so I cannot say much. 

Hope this helps you guys :>

You just needed to file those areas? Excellent I will give that a go on Sunday, I had to remove my parts to make it cycle 100%. Can you get me a straight on view of the filed plane? How much did you file away? 

As for the UAC Nozzle and BBU try pushing the BBU so it sits 100% in the slide, almost jammed in. I found the little pin on top of the BBU that is visible from a small hole on the top of the slide wasn't quite locating right - you could see it wasn't quite sitting low enough as the rails weren't meshing properly and there was a slight gap between the BBU and the slide on the rear edge. A good solid push and it located 100% and cycles just as smoothly as the Detonator slide + TM BBU did. It's a bit stiff removing the BBU but once it's in there but it's perfectly doable. 

Just gotta file off those two highlighted areas in red. Not too much,j ust a weebit so it can move freely and not get stuck from that sear?(that part that goes into this hammer) lol. If you dont file it, and insert that pin in with the sear (I really have no idea what that part is) and start rotating it, youll notice it gets stuck. So just file a little and fit it until it doesnt get stuck!

5bbc860f56.jpg

Oh I did notice there was a gap in the back. I suppose Ill try later and push the bbu into the slide deeper. Already a pain the remove it -.-

Edited by cav.

Ahh I see.. Will it matter if you over file it do you think? Thank you for the extra photo! I will get onto this Sunday evening hopefully. jeez I've had this M&P apart far too often now! 

Yeah give it a bit of a stronger push into the slide it should be fine. You can see there is a bit of difference in rail height.. once it's pushed in completely it should be pretty much perfectly aligned. 

Ahh I see.. Will it matter if you over file it do you think? Thank you for the extra photo! I will get onto this Sunday evening hopefully. jeez I've had this M&P apart far too often now! 

Yeah give it a bit of a stronger push into the slide it should be fine. You can see there is a bit of difference in rail height.. once it's pushed in completely it should be pretty much perfectly aligned. 

What rail height? Lol

Um, I only filed a little bit, tested, and filed again until it stopped getting stuck. Really dont need to file much. Less than 1mm to be honest :)

If you look at the slide (holding the slide iron sights down with the gas port on the nozzle facing up) you can see the internal rail that the lower frame slides up and down.. there is probably a little step between the base of the BBU and the top of the slide rail recess .

I would take a photo for you but I am away from home for the weekend. If youve not got it sorted by Sunday evening I will get a photo for you. 

EDIT: Remembered I had actually taken a picture of the nozzle for a friend which will show the area that needs to be flush. It's kind of hard to make out you can see where the hammer housing has rubbed on the BBU as it was seated too low in the slide. You can also see the slide rail next to it which is a slightly lighter shade of grey. Those two planes need to be flush for the slide to move freely. 

DqHZPTe.jpg

Edited by DeltaZero

If you look at the slide (holding the slide iron sights down with the gas port on the nozzle facing up) you can see the internal rail that the lower frame slides up and down.. there is probably a little step between the base of the BBU and the top of the slide rail recess .

I would take a photo for you but I am away from home for the weekend. If youve not got it sorted by Sunday evening I will get a photo for you. 

EDIT: Remembered I had actually taken a picture of the nozzle for a friend which will show the area that needs to be flush. It's kind of hard to make out you can see where the hammer housing has rubbed on the BBU as it was seated too low in the slide. You can also see the slide rail next to it which is a slightly lighter shade of grey. Those two planes need to be flush for the slide to move freely. 

DqHZPTe.jpg

Oh, I installed it again and hammer it down. Seems to be cycling now and not getting stuck! Thanks :3

Granted it is very HAWT!! I wish there was a threaded barrel for the 5". I have a Nova Matt Silver kit which looks exactly like that without the UAC trigger so far.. That is next months upgrade project!

My aim is to have one tricked out M&P and another basic mil-spec looking M&P (albeit with a spangly silver slide)

I'll be honest I haven't got many photos of the nova slide.. Simply because it's a matt silver and it's so bloody hard to take photos of. Never get a good definition on the trade marks and it just comes up very white.. I'll see what I can do on my next day off :)

Only ones I have are these which are quite old, though the only visible change is that there is now a threaded barrel and the grip has been stippled the same as the ATEi M&P.

DGE9Zw0.jpg

rcylDoa.jpg

Edited by DeltaZero