• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tokyo Marui M&P 9   Well its arrived. I've never done a review before so please bear with me and be gentle, I've tried to cover as much as I can but I'm sure I've missed something! This is just

Finally got my hands on my M&P9!   Box. Pretty.     Apparently it was FPS tested, not that I really care that much.     Not sure when TM started doing this, but keeps my precious safe.

Just finished this. Its running like train and looks fantastic. Detonator slide cerakoted McMillian Grey, Nebula Frame in Magpul OD, controls in Graphite Black.   

Posted Images

Also, I learned something interesting today. My buddy Shin is a grandmaster USPSA competition shooter, and has for over a decade used airsoft for practice, I mentioned the sluggishness of my M&P's with detonator slides, and he explained to me that the silicone oil I was using on the slide and frame rails works great for the initial hundred rounds or so but quickly loses effectiveness. He recommended white lithium grease on the friction points instead. Surprisingly, that actually increased the performance quite dramatically. Everything felt a lot smoother than when I was just using the silicone oil.

Thanks. I was too lazy to break out the DSLR so all those pics including the first three were shot on my iPhone.

Despite the lack of quality compared to the Detonator Slides, I really wish Nova would come out with a 9L.

I'm very much the same, using my iPhone instead of SLR and getting better than average results ;)

But every now and again, out comes the Canon :)

Your photos are Super.

• Like 1

Has anyone else had problems with mags? I wrote a few pages back about one mag not cycling leaving a round stuck under the nozzle I have 5 mags and this only happens with 1 mag?

I have compared the mag with the others and they are the same which leaves me with almost a duff mag!

Anyone have any ideas as I cleaned it and lubed it as suggested before but it is a mystery?

Curlyboy

Is filled to max load? Try taking a couple of BBs out of the mag so there is a bit of spring for the nozzle to push against.. Might be its getting jammed that way?

Though if it's seating in the mag well 100% I doubt it. Not sure really I've not experienced that. Is the nozzle properly aligned? Nothing is broken?

I always run the mags 1 round down, the nozzle is fine it seems like a cycling issue I don't know, I have 4 other mags and they fire perfectly it is just this one mag, I have cleaned the spring follower and the lips are fine and the pins are all in but it is frustrating there is no solution I can see!!

Curlyboy

^^^ This ^^^

That will be the easiest way to debug the situation. Also WGCShop has a lot of Marui M&P spare parts. Once you narrow it down you may get lucky and can find what you need there, or just remedy the problem yourself. Or do what I do and keep the mag around as potential spare parts.

• 4 weeks later...

So I quit airsoft, but I'm picking up another one today for a good price. Considering how bad the CDN rate is (1 USD:1.35) I couldn't resist. 

So that means I'm not quitting? Oh gawd. 

Send me your plastic slide's so I can last forever! :D

Edited by BioRage
  • Like 1

So I quit airsoft, but I'm picking up another one today for a good price. Considering how bad the CDN rate is (1 USD:1.35) I couldn't resist. 

So that means I'm not quitting? Oh gawd. 

Send me your plastic slide's so I can last forever! :D

Excelllleeennntttt. That means I will really have to go get mags fir my AK :C

Hey guys, ran into a bit of a problem with my M&P 9 and would appreciate any help/suggestions. 

The problem: slide doesn't lock back on last shot

When racking the slide with mag in (empty), the slide does lock, so the mechanism doesn't appear to be broken. Also, on the last few shots before it runs out of gas, the slide does lock no problem. This makes me wonder if the gas I'm using (top gas @ 24C/75F) is too strong, but I tried it on 134a and the same issue happened. 

My M&P 9 is all stock, except for a UAC trigger bar. I've also cleaned and re-lubed everything. 

Thanks in advance!

Excelllleeennntttt. That means I will really have to go get mags fir my AK :C

Oh this is where you found out I was getting one.

@holsteroption:

I wonder if this would fit? Options are low, CAD is so bad I don't even wanna buy anything from HK or US atm.

http://www.amazon.ca/Blackhawk-Serpa-Metal-Sportster-Holster/dp/B00E1ELGXG

@Kes,

Did you try it with a different magazine?

Edited by BioRage

@holsteroption:

I wonder if this would fit? Options are low, CAD is so bad I don't even wanna buy anything from HK or US atm.

http://www.amazon.ca/Blackhawk-Serpa-Metal-Sportster-Holster/dp/B00E1ELGXG

The holster I've linked below fits for sure. I use it for both my TM M&PV and g17

BlackHawk Serpa SpoRusseter Belt Holster For Glock 20 Right Hand Grey:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0027J6UUG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

Edited by zdvil
  • Like 1

The holster I've linked below fits for sure. I use it for both my TM M&PV and g17

BlackHawk Serpa SpoRusseter Belt Holster For Glock 20 Right Hand Grey:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0027J6UUG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

Perfect! 

Now my option is if I want to run a flashlight - If so, then I'll need to get it Kydex'ed.

D:

Nope. You've got three major details going on with that RS slide not currently offered on the Airsoft Marui M&P market: 9 Pro styling, porting, Core setup.

• the 5" 9 Pro slide differed from the 9L Slide (Detonator makes a 9L) in that while they are the same lengths, the 9Pro has a flat front face whereas the 9L has a partially angled lower front face.

• that 9Pro porting is something you would either have to do yourself or have a machinist do for you.

• the CORE series is unique in that the slide comes standard with a premilled slot that's ready for a red dot optic. A slide plate is bolted in place till you have a RDS ready to go on it, and it's finished with a set of S&W tall suppressor sights.

If you want to get closer to this particular RS style of slide, your only option currently is to take a Detonator 9L slide and have the porting holes machined into it. It won't be exact but that's up to your personal taste.

Edited by uscmCorps