• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tokyo Marui M&P 9   Well its arrived. I've never done a review before so please bear with me and be gentle, I've tried to cover as much as I can but I'm sure I've missed something! This is just

Finally got my hands on my M&P9!   Box. Pretty.     Apparently it was FPS tested, not that I really care that much.     Not sure when TM started doing this, but keeps my precious safe.

Just finished this. Its running like train and looks fantastic. Detonator slide cerakoted McMillian Grey, Nebula Frame in Magpul OD, controls in Graphite Black.   

Posted Images

So..

If one was going to upgrade the pistol what would be the things you would do in order?

Since I am not familiar with the parts...and their role... Could someone please explain them to me ie., what the net benefit will be and the approximate cost?

Thought I would ask before everyone got off the boards for winter.

The Marui M&P is one of those rare guns that really don't have to be upgraded. It works great right out of the box. The only thing I'd suggest is a Nova metal slide kit. But that isn't something you absolutely have to do because I've yet to hear of any Marui M&P guns getting KIA when run on green gas/propane.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I broke my left hand safety at a recent event :( a shame cause I really liked them! Will have to take the mechanism out for now till I can source a replacement.

Any of you kind gentlemen have some spare levers leftover from when you removed them??

Just took mine off yesterday on my new M&P9, pics pending.

PM me if you still want it, just pay the parcel..

• 1 month later...

If you look at any C.O.R.E. slide sans red dot, you can see that the cut out would interfere with the blowback unit.  That's why in theory the FNX 45 was a big deal, though in practice that feature as well as other parts of the pistol turned out to be somewhat problematical.

Are there any other airsoft models that allow for mounting a red dot recessed into the slide itself, rather than sitting on top of it?  I can't think of any.

If ya like the Costa M&P RedWolf has a deal on the Airsoft Surgeon steel slided ones on December 11th; 

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/NewsDetail?newsID=1009

EDIT: My mistake. Looks like those guns are Cybergun M&P ones. Not TM. <-- NOPE! WE...

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Accessories_Metal_Bodies_Slides_GBB_Airsoft_Surgeon_Steel_Custom_Silde_5_inch_for_Cybergun_M_P9_Full_Size.htm

Also it's the entire gun with slide kit installed if I am seeing it correctly. The sale that is.

EDIT: Or not... The entire guns they have on the website, that looks like the ones advertised, are WE based...

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Gas_Blow_Back_Pistols_Airsoftsurgeon_Airsoft_Surgeon_ATE_COSTA_Edition_P9.htm

Uhhh. Just noticed the front sight in the promo pic doesn't match the one on the above gun.

*fruitcage* knows what those are. I guess you shall see on December 11th :P

Edited by NonEx

Are there any after-market slides that come close to this r.s. version?

maxresdefault.jpg

Hi Mimesis,

The Performance Centre M&P metal-kit will be available very shortly from Nova for Marui in standard and long-version, both with RMR cuts..

Further details for Ireland/UK customers, please PM me.

Cheers.

• Like 2

That's pretty cool. Do you have much input with the guys at Nova? I'd love to see them do:

• full size 9 slides with the ATEi slide cuts but no 10-8 markings.

• 9L slides with and without the ATEi slide cuts

• and most importantly, rear sights with a proper U notch. Current Nova U notches are cut WAYYYY too low (I posted about this before).

• Like 2