• 1 month later...
  • Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tokyo Marui M&P 9   Well its arrived. I've never done a review before so please bear with me and be gentle, I've tried to cover as much as I can but I'm sure I've missed something! This is just

Finally got my hands on my M&P9!   Box. Pretty.     Apparently it was FPS tested, not that I really care that much.     Not sure when TM started doing this, but keeps my precious safe.

Just finished this. Its running like train and looks fantastic. Detonator slide cerakoted McMillian Grey, Nebula Frame in Magpul OD, controls in Graphite Black.   

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

So last week I decided to seal two of my temperamental mags. My first attempt was to wrap the mag's base plug with PTFE tape over the o-ring. That didn't work very well. I also had some RTV silicone sealant on hand and after degreasing the bottom of the mag opening and the base plug, I added a liberal amount of the sealant to both surfaces. Gassed the mag for a second to apply pressure and let it sit for 24 hours to fully cure. After that I filled the mag to full and could detect no leaks. Fired a couple times, seemed to work fine. Then a few days later a friend came over after buying his first TM M&P and I loaned him a couple of the newly sealed mags. He test fired the first one and it literally looked like it just spooged/vomited RTV silicone sealant all over him. It was half hilarious half mortifying. Apparently the silicone sealant never fully cured and jettisoned the sealant up through the mag, through their the gun. He was able to clean himself and the gun up but the mag was a mess. As a test I took the second mag I had worked on, gassed it up, and then manually pressed the knocker valve at the rear of the mag with the venting hole pointed at a nearby wall. A load of RTV spewed all over said wall. So in summary, RTV may not be a recommended sealer for mags.

In the end I stripped the mags down, detail cleaned them of any grime, dirt, RTV, and applied PTFE tape UNDER the o-ring (wrapped and sandwiched between base plug and o-ring) and I ended up with a perfect seal. In retrospect, I think had I used the original TM base pads I may not have had any sealing issues to begin with. However, the Vickers/TangoDown base pads I modified to work with the TM mags somehow were pulling the mag plug downward just enough to break the seal. Out of the 10 mags I've added the LAV base pads to, I've only had to reseal 2 of them so far.

Anyone know where to find extra magazines for this thing? No US websites carry them and there out of stock on Redwolf and Ehobby.

AEX has mags in the store (Torrance). But I don't think they have them on the website. You could possibly call and see if they will ship them to you over the phone.
  • 2 weeks later...

Have been trying to find one of these in the USA for some time with little luck. Found one on-line new for $280.00. Only choices I had left were the Cybergun/VFC M&P9, the newer VFC SAI version from Evike or the KWC C02 version. I went with the VFC SAI version.

Its a nice pistol, shoots well, pretty accurate, looks good and hopefully it will last (have about 200 shots through it). However, I know I have no up-grade or repair/parts replacement options available for it and that will only happen if I can get my hands on the TM version.

If you airsoft owners from the USA have any ideas as to where I might locate one in the USA, I'd appreciate the info.

The tough part is finding a US retailer online listing it as S&W are keeping a close eye out for infringement (though not as keen of an eye as Glock). Your best bet is walk in stores as a few do have them (Echigoya USA have the FDE in stock though they're going out of business). Aside from that, why not order from HK retailers. Yes you'll get the orange tip. Order an aftermarket Nova slide kit and that'll fix that.

Edited by uscmCorps

Unfortunately I live in the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts and there are none. There used to be some really nice "out of home" operations (garages turned into nicely set up retail spaces) but they are all gone now. Even the Walmart, K Mart and sporting good stores have stopped selling. Some of the paintball operations (of which we have several good ones) gave it a try but never really carried anything in the way of quality or numbers and that has died out. Same deal in New Hampshire (a really big surprise there) and Rhode Island.

For years I was ordering from HK dealers but then Evike stepped up and things have been pretty good, but they've never carried the M&P 9 for some reason.

Looks like it's back to HK.

V-custom represents a revision by TM over the original release (in black).  V-c has better internals and clears up problems that the original had, to the point that you arguably don't need any of the UAC internal "upgrades".  The V-c sights are decent too.  I spent a lot of time on the 'net and youtube before I bought mine; there's plenty of feedback out there.

• Like 2

I'm curious what the differences are. All the current released black M&Ps have the improved trigger reset and perform as well as the VTAC from what I've seen (based on my 4 black M&Ps and one FDE VTAC).

Personally I'm not a fan of the VTAC sights, be it on a real gun or airsoft. I find the sight picture too busy. I prefer black rears.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question concerning UAC loading nozzle and BB housing, the FPS on my Mauri M&P has dropped off from 250fps average to 220/200fps.  Will the upgraded UAC parts restore the FPS back to stock levels?  

The gun sees a lot of use for firearms practice and has probably in excess of 10000 BBs fired through it. Several stock parts have been replaced when they have failed.  I use propane in the gun. The drop in FPS is the same with a well-used mag and a brand new magazine. I also tried a new stock piston head seal and a Nine Ball Dyna piston head with a larger o-ring, the Nine Ball piston head did increase the FPS to around 240s but the o-ring wears pretty quick and its back to shooting in the 220s.   For your information here is a list of the parts that I have replaced when the stock stuff has failed.  

Slide cracked replaced with a Nova 4.5 inch standard style (note faux extractor broke in half).

Magazine release replaced with a Ready Fighter Catalyst.

Trigger bar replaced with a UAC Steel Trigger Lever.

Hop Unit and Hop rubber replaced with stock unit and aftermarket Hop rubber.

Nine Ball mag gas router which caused a drop in FPS so I went back to stock.

Is it possible that the hammer spring, hammer and sear are worn out after so much use? Guarder has a hammer spring that increases power by 10% according to them. UAC has a steel hammer and sear

http://www.rainbow8.com/collections/tokyo-marui-m-p9-upgrade-parts/products/guarder-hammer-spring-for-marui-m-p9

http://boomarms.com/shop/item.cfm?id=UAC-HM-MP9&curr_code=USD

While inspecting my pistol I found the nozzle valve spring to be broken, I replaced it with TM G17 spring I had on hand and that has help return some of the performance. I could not find a exact replacement in stock so I ordered some for a TM 5.7 and M9, since the G17 is a little different. I will see what works best until I can get an exact replacement.