Well he review by aznriptide859 on page two shows the mags side by side and they look the same.

Plus it appears that the 6900 Fobus mag holster fits most double stack 9mm mags that aren't Glock and HK which are the more staggered and thinner design.

But that is based on about 5-6 image comparisons and while it says RS M&P mags will fit in the 6900 which is the one that works for the Px4 too I can't say 100% for sure, only about 95% sure :P.

'FireKnife'

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tokyo Marui M&P 9   Well its arrived. I've never done a review before so please bear with me and be gentle, I've tried to cover as much as I can but I'm sure I've missed something! This is just

Finally got my hands on my M&P9!   Box. Pretty.     Apparently it was FPS tested, not that I really care that much.     Not sure when TM started doing this, but keeps my precious safe.

Just finished this. Its running like train and looks fantastic. Detonator slide cerakoted McMillian Grey, Nebula Frame in Magpul OD, controls in Graphite Black.   

Posted Images

I must admit my M&P ones are in a generic pouch rather than anything specific and they seem happy enough.

Though I also had a chance to fire this last night. Lets the mags warm up a bit to typical 20-21C room temp and then fired them on 144a. The kick is still quite good, better than the Glock and pretty damn close to my 1911s which are always on Ultra. Seems though that the heat does affect it a bit kick wise as when the mags got colder the kick just went a bit, not much but noticeable.

'FireKnife'

I've got a real Surefire X300U on my M&P which fits no problem at all. A Real Streamlight TLR1-S fits no issue too.

As for the magazines I will get you a comparison tonight as I have both. I would say the M&P mags would be closer to PX4 mags if I remember my old PX4 mags rightly. But I'll let you know tonight!

Oh don't get me wrong I think they're incredibly over priced compared to a TLR1 or something.. But I got a good deal on ebay so thought why not, it's been with me for years and still going strong. 

I'd be a little wary of those copies on ebay, I had one which the switch was dreadful on. Have another that is still going strong but it's only 6 months old. Doesn't compare to the RS though brightness level at least, but for airsoft it's perfectly fine, till the switch goes at least! 

Check out this thread, gives a little review on the Emerson clone and the issues people have found! Not the version I have mind you, don't know where mine came from or who makes it! 

http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/212065-emerson-surefire-x300u-weaponlight-quick-review/

Edited by DeltaZero

Been having a little recoil test with my one. Found that if left in a typical warm room then the magazine is warm enough that 144a gives a nice enough recoil but it feels that if I leave it outside for a touch with no wind (the kind of slightly lower temperatures you would get in an indoor site) it seems to prefer being on Ultra.

Now to just remember this for the next couple of games with it :P.

'FireKnife'

Maybe it is built to last like some Marui's for green? I mean it does seem to have utilised the body as being metal and then wrapping it in plastic.

Just the lack of buffers commonly found in the 1911 etc puts the fear in me a bit that it is going to go all wrong unless I stick to 144a and Ultra.

But then I am paranoid about pistols breaking on me, which is rather odd as aside from an old WE or two and those cheap KWC Pythons none never have.

'FireKnife'

oooh, see you thurs ;) be a darlin and bring the FNX :P

Feel free to borrow some of my gas if you want ;)

Will do chap, be good to put a face to a name. I'll probably have my banana suit with me so i'll be easy to spot! I should have a tin of Ultra by then too, but thanks for the offer!

Maybe it is built to last like some Marui's for green? I mean it does seem to have utilised the body as being metal and then wrapping it in plastic.

Just the lack of buffers commonly found in the 1911 etc puts the fear in me a bit that it is going to go all wrong unless I stick to 144a and Ultra.

But then I am paranoid about pistols breaking on me, which is rather odd as aside from an old WE or two and those cheap KWC Pythons none never have.

'FireKnife'

Yeah that was my thinking. It's been running on Propane for at least 30-40 mags now and after checking it over last night it doesn't seem to be showing any wear. My theory is, once the slide blows up, then I have a good enough excuse to buy the detonator 5" slide! ;) If it's to fix a broken gun the missus is perfectly happy with any new bits and bobs! 

Ah see I like plastic stock slides as then I find the gun functions all year round :P.

But I have fired about 100-125 shots and the gun shows practically no signs of wear so it might be well built enough anyway for me to not worry, TMs have never exactly steered me wrong (famous last words).

'FireKnife'

Yeah you're right there, you can never go wrong with a plastic slide.. but I more want a 5" M&P.. if they made that in plastic I would be a happy man! 

I've run my Hi-Capas on plastic slides with propane most of the year round with no issue so I have no reason to believe this would be any different really! 

Trouble with that is we are comparing it favourably to a stock Hi-Capa.. Competition style hicapas are leagues ahead of them in performance terms. That is due to the amount of upgrades available for HI-Capas that just aren't available for the M&P.. whether they will be available in the future is yet to be seen but I doubt they will have as many options available compared to the Hi-Capa.

Yeah you're right there, you can never go wrong with a plastic slide.. but I more want a 5" M&P.. if they made that in plastic I would be a happy man! 

I've run my Hi-Capas on plastic slides with propane most of the year round with no issue so I have no reason to believe this would be any different really! 

I would say the slightly larger nozzle diameter might have something to say about that, given that the Hi-Capa is from the old 12mm nozzle days. But time will tell.

Ive been thinking about this as an option for practical pistol style competitions as a number of people have been comparing it favourably to Hi-Capas.

It would be a great IDPA style alternative if we had an airsoft equivalent in the UK. As a proper IPSC style race gun though the trigger and a lack of spare parts let it down.

'FireKnife'

I am assuming well, it is a TM after all. But I know this sounds bad as it means potential for breakages but it is good to hear someone out there is pushing it to the limit and making the most of it on harder gasses.

I for one am too worried about breaking a £130 pistol that comes from a company with near zero original part support outside Japan and the odd popular models like the 1911 and Hi-Capa.

'FireKnife'