Cav

I also had one of them kinda let the BBU misalign in the slide so i have to remove and reinstall then i cycled with the stock recoil spring. I also use a glock upgraded recoil spring now in my m&ps and the cycle fine. Hope that helps and you get it sorted out.

Which Glock spring? A regular 150% one will do? Ill tinker with it some time. Im too distressed atm lol

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tokyo Marui M&P 9   Well its arrived. I've never done a review before so please bear with me and be gentle, I've tried to cover as much as I can but I'm sure I've missed something! This is just

Finally got my hands on my M&P9!   Box. Pretty.     Apparently it was FPS tested, not that I really care that much.     Not sure when TM started doing this, but keeps my precious safe.

Just finished this. Its running like train and looks fantastic. Detonator slide cerakoted McMillian Grey, Nebula Frame in Magpul OD, controls in Graphite Black.   

Posted Images

Yeah a standard tm g17 upgraded recoil spring. I am using a guarder in one and a SD one in the others.

The recoil spring guide is the same~ish diameter and length as the 17. The recoil spring helped "force" the gun into battery as sometimes id have a little resistance and the gun wouldnt fully reset into battery after the shot.

Edited by mrsevenstars

So while using my M&P9 today the slide blew off the frame at least 3-4 times - I found out why.

IMG_1061.jpg

Hairline crack above the slide lock :(. Guess I can't delay getting a metal slide anymore. Do note I don't think this is normal for M&P's - I dry-fire my gun a LOT, and run it exclusively on propane.

• Like 1

Kk here is a video with the problem Im having. No mag inside, and it got stock :( Have to give it a slight push so it returns back. Detonator slide + UAC BBU + UAC nozzle :c Fairing better than stock bbu and nozzle now. As you can see the slide catch isnt engaging when it locks :c

https://youtu.be/e5uCp6rmbXk

Halp me almighty M&P gods

Edited by cav.

If you have time you might want to take a side profile pic of your lower with the hammer down. Might be able to compare it with someone with a stock set up. It really looks like something is dragging. How does it shoot?

Shoots fine, sometimes get stuck as it moves backwards!

It gets stuck on the rearward motion or the return motion? If its on the rearward motion back to battery a recoil spring may help, if its having problems on the forward motion a recoil spring will probably compound the problem as its definitely dragging badly on something.

Maybe swap back to oem lower internals? Ive been using stock internals except the trigger bar on one of the guns without a real issue. Is your inner barrel oem length? I remember having a capa with a long inner binding because of the way the inner and outer barrels moved during cycling

Hope you can get it sorted man

Edited by mrsevenstars

I had a similar issue with the UAC hammer parts. It was getting caught about an inch before completely going into battery. There is definitely something wrong with this parts. I know there is a way of filing them down though so maybe try that?

Personally I would replace the OEM parts and install things part by part till you start having an issue. Then you know what caused it.

They are indeed! Im hoping to get the UAC hammer parts running soon. Mrsevenstars do you have them installed?

I've got a G17 150% recoil spring en route so I'll install the hammer parts when I install the spring. I've also got the Nineball spring set to have a play with as well so we will see what happens with that. It's an upgraded hammer spring as well which didn't come with the hammer parts.

Once this M&P is fully tricked out I'll move onto finishing the next one when I know what works and what doesn't.

Edited by DeltaZero

No im only using the UAC trigger bar. I wasnt gonna use the other uac parts until some of the stock parts fail. Although on one of the guns (det costa slide and uac trigger bar) im at a little over 2k rounds without so much as a hiccup so if something does fail i might just source a oem replacement as the aftermarket counterparts seem kinda tempermental. My other ones just have detonator slides but otherwise stock.

The g17 hammer spring fits? I only have the stack 130% that i havent installed yet.

Yea, when the gun runs its awesome. Just need to give it a slight push on the slide when it stops lol.

Yea, I think it's the slide, decided to pop in old hammer, UAC nozzle and uac bbu into the stock slide, didnt seem to get stuck at all! I will have to go out and purchase a g17 spring and see how it goes !!

Edit:// So..I slapped in the regular barrel from Detonator, and so far I havent had problems racking it and having the slide get stuck :l. Culprit maybe the threaded barrel D:

Edited by cav.

No im only using the UAC trigger bar. I wasnt gonna use the other uac parts until some of the stock parts fail. Although on one of the guns (det costa slide and uac trigger bar) im at a little over 2k rounds without so much as a hiccup so if something does fail i might just source a oem replacement as the aftermarket counterparts seem kinda tempermental. My other ones just have detonator slides but otherwise stock.

The g17 hammer spring fits? I only have the stack 130% that i havent installed yet.

Yeah they run fantastic stock as you would expect really. But I just wanted to squeeze every ounce of performance out of it. The other one is more or less stock and it's running perfectly. I think I might go with a standard M&PL slide next one I build.

Sorry for the confusion the Nineball spring kit is for the M&P it's on eagle 6 at the moment. I've only got a G17 Recoil Spring en route (should arrive today all going well). I also forgot to mention I ordered the Nineball Dyna Piston head as there was absolutely no air seal from the original piston head and UAC nozzle. This one seems to have improved air seal and made the blowback snappier.

Just purchased my third Marui M&P (Own a standard and v-custom). Purchased the Detanator M&P9L slide. Any tips on it? Do they run smooth on stock parts?

If my Detonator kit is anything to go by you'll be fine. It was a drop in fit. I've heard the same with other Detonator kits too. I think I'll be going with a M&PL slide on my next build so interested to hear your thoughts.

Edited by DeltaZero