• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tokyo Marui M&P 9   Well its arrived. I've never done a review before so please bear with me and be gentle, I've tried to cover as much as I can but I'm sure I've missed something! This is just

Finally got my hands on my M&P9!   Box. Pretty.     Apparently it was FPS tested, not that I really care that much.     Not sure when TM started doing this, but keeps my precious safe.

Just finished this. Its running like train and looks fantastic. Detonator slide cerakoted McMillian Grey, Nebula Frame in Magpul OD, controls in Graphite Black.   

Posted Images

I know this is the wrong place to ask this but I have 6 tokyo marui M&P guns in different forms of customs.  I was really thinking of getting a SAI Nova Slide and a WE M&Pc and making the SAI compact M&P.  Has anyone had any dealings with the WE M&P compacts? I had one of the early model "Big Birds" and it just flat out failed and didn't ever work properly. Are there any of the same issues with the compact? Maybe the newer generations don't have the same issues?  Any experience would be great.  

• 2 weeks later...

Brilliant,

Blue Gasket maker'd my leaky mag,let it cure for 24-48 hours.. filled it with duster, emptied it, repeat. Put some air in, no leaks or nada for being left over night in my cold basement.

10/10 need to gasket maker all gas mags when the time comes.

Edited by BioRage
  • Like 1

I hate mags that have pins, pins deform, holes deform, orings can only expand so much.

Why do manufactures do this?

They probably figure a screw going through the middle affects the gas fill in some way. Or that it's the only way to actually make it.

Also the manual shows the direction to hammer the pins out, I've seen a lot of you tube vids that don't observe this, which will make the holes loose.

The pins and housing parts are replaceable. If you get to the point when these issues are happening you would assume your mags are 1 to 2 years old. In witch case you can't really begrudge your mag a new o ring, Bb lip, housing and pins if it needs it.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

^I would suspect 1911 or hi-crapa ones would work with some cutting. Don't quote me on it, it worked for my other pistols though, haha.

Took mine apart, for the second time now, (First time I slid the slide off, and my thumb got caught in the middle area of the lower... and sliced off a chunk of my thumb, healing took 2.5 weeks.)

Now for the second time, I removed it slowly with gloves... and it's finally upgraded to the max.. put in a UAC piston head, air seals seems to be tighter.. (atleast when I rack it, bit stiffer then I recall).

Noticed a ton of screws were coming loose - the one on the UAC aluminium nozzle.. loctited that, my rear sight screws both came loose, so those had to be loctited aswell.. added some into the UAC piston head screw too... and everywhere I deemed necessary.

Game tomorrow indoors, will see how it performs. Picked up 2 more mags, so now I'm at 1+5 paired with my APS AOW .. 3+1 (22 shells).. should be great for indoor domination. Else comes to worse, VFC CQB AEG as backup.

I should really mount my camera back on my helmet... M&P performed like a beast the last CQB game I was, really saw no need for my GHK M4.. which is why I parted it.

• Like 1

I love the UAC nozzle i have in mine (has had roughly 15k rounds through it so maybe more worn in than yours).. makes it awesome IMO and means I can put whatever gas I want through it. I havent used the piston head though, I'm currently using a nineball one. 

Edited by DeltaZero

Anyone having there slide not come all the way back after shooting. Mine seems very weak. Played an indoor game this am and my M&P9 was spastic at best.

Is there anything I can do to make it come back snapper? The gun has no problem firing.... it's just that the last couple of mm.

Thanks

Recoil spring.

• Like 1

I ordered the Nova 4.5 Performance Center Slide kit ( I want to practice using a red dot) for my TM M&P and have a problem.  The BBU does not have slot/space for the nozzle return spring like the stock unit.  I install it without the spring and it work somewhat if the piston was lubricated heavily.  But then it started to fail to go into battery or would not load BBs from the magazine.  I tried placing the spring on the right side of the BBU and this kind of worked but the spring became dislodge and the pistol stopped working.  Am I missing something is there some way to install the spring or use another method to make the pistol function.  I have been using a Nova standard metal slide with propane and it has worked with no problems for thousands of rounds.  Any help is appreciated.

• Like 1

Hey Mike 735,

The nozzle Spring needs a G18/P226 Spring-pin attached to it to extend the length....

Unless you can find a longer spring or improvise to make the stock Spring longer..

No idea why this wasn't included or mentioned with the kit :(

Cheers.

This is very good information!

• Like 1

Thought you guys might find this interesting. I had some spare Tango Down / Vickers M&P base pads (RS) laying around. I figured I'd give them another try on my TM M&P. They are a very tight fit ... but they do fit. You'd need to use a rubber mallet to get them on, and would have to drill a hole for the fill valve, however, once fitted they should work fine with the Marui M&P. YMMV and I still have to drill the holes but I thought this was a cool way to add another interesting accessory to these guns that was somewhat inexpensive to achieve.

TM_MnP-Vickers-01.jpg

TM_MnP-Vickers-02.jpg

TM_MnP-Vickers-03.jpg

• Like 2