Just an FYI, out of curiosity, I slipped my TM M&P 9 in a Blackhawk Serpa Holster for the H&K P30 and it locked into place nicely. However, the trigger guard retention needed to be depressed hard to get the pistol out. You'll need to push the pistol down some into the holster then depress the trigger guard retention (no resistance aside from the spring that keeps it in pla even) if you want to draw the M&P 9 out without issue.

The P30 serpa holster does work beautifully with the TM HK45 save for the pistol muzzle sticking out by about .25" out of the holster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tokyo Marui M&P 9   Well its arrived. I've never done a review before so please bear with me and be gentle, I've tried to cover as much as I can but I'm sure I've missed something! This is just

Finally got my hands on my M&P9!   Box. Pretty.     Apparently it was FPS tested, not that I really care that much.     Not sure when TM started doing this, but keeps my precious safe.

Just finished this. Its running like train and looks fantastic. Detonator slide cerakoted McMillian Grey, Nebula Frame in Magpul OD, controls in Graphite Black.   

Posted Images

Remove the back grip, remove the screw that holds the hammer casing assembly, punch pin going through the hammer casing out and pull the hammer casing assembly.

Left and right safeties can detach from the center pin piece. Do mind the detent pin.

You can remove the right thumb safety only (safety function gets disabled). You can also just remove the left thumb safety....safety function stays. Or....you can remove the thumb safety assembly.

You do this procedure in a couple of minutes or so.

Any chance someone can post a vid / pics guide for an idiot like me? :P

If not I might have to make one myself after blundering around a bit first.

'FireKnife'

I don't think that would affect the TM magic, that is in the hop :).

Though I might find I am used to having the safety levers myself as I do ride the thumb safety on my 1911s and the M&P one looks just right to rest the tip of my thumb on (on a 1911 it is more the lower scetion of my thumb that sits on the safety). Tomorrow I should have mine to find out and if I like the safties then they stay, if not then I will remove them and put up some pics as I go.

'FireKnife'

Well the only thing is some pics show it having quite a gap between the frame and the actual lever. Maybe it is just as the pics are up close or the slide is slightly wider than the frame and that is to accomodate but it looks a bit naff to me.

Either way still can't wait, gives me a striker fired gun with a good potential thumb rest :P (never got on with the Glock add-on ones).

'FireKnife'

Edited by FireKnife

It looks like they are quite different and won't fit.

Also, not sure if it is me or not, but the RS version of the safety lever look hinged at the base of the lever while the TM ones have the rest of the metal lever inside that goes to a point further back meaning they move shift up rather than rotate.

Still I am surprised we haven't already had the likes of Guarder or someone offering frames that are pre-made for non-safety options in the typcial black/tan/green options.

'FireKnife'

Vid here:

Excuse my retardation at 3:30-4:00.

Thank you kind sir, now to find something to punch out the pin and a for my pistol to arrive :).

EDIT: And with that, mine has arrived. It is in my desk as I am still at work. Hurry up and finish work, I want to go and test the safety and things!!!

'FireKnife'

Edited by FireKnife

Managed to get home and have a crack at mine which was good.

The thumb safety is so going, sticks out far too much from the frame it seems and just too high up for my thumb when combined with the grip.

Small backstrap is on now which is perfect for me, always found the smaller option on all modern pistols fits best.

Now to just wait it out at work until the time to go home, pop that hammer mech out and remove that safety. It is a striker so should be fine enough anyway :P.

Finally I did notice the gun being a touch stiff to cock, will have to play about with it, take it apart and re-lube it to see what it ends up like but it is fine enough as I don't need to rack the slide manually that often.

'FireKnife'

The first cock is always the hardest.

/doubleentendreparty

I want that as a song made to the tune of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_First_Cut_Is_the_Deepest :P.

WHAT IS ALL THIS TALK ABOUT STIFF COCKS?!?

Well it ain't my fault that TM made it so hard................. what with releasing the USPc and making the Breacher ;).

'FireKnife'

Edited by FireKnife
  • Like 1

Imagine Sheryl Crow singing that 0_0

I was more thinking of the drunk bloke on Max and Paddy's Road to Nowhere that is singing about his vasectomy, either way it would be funny.

Also not long until I get to go home and have a right good fiddle with my weapon. Will have it not too stiffy and shooting the white pellets soon enough.

'FireKnife'