Hello from Colchester, UK

Stormin

Hi everyone!

I'm a new-ish airsofter that only discovered the sport in January 2014. One word: Hooked!

I found this site when looking for some gear to buy, and even though the "100 posts" rule stopped me dead in my tracks, I totally agree with it.

Luckily I was also looking for an airsoft forum that was on tapatalk to become a part of, too :D

I have been browsing the Zero One forums for quite a while but I'm really uncomfortable with their disallowing of non-Zero One product links. I feel that it hinders information sharing within the community, but that's just me *shrugs*

Anyway I'm looking forward to making new friends and getting involved!

See you around!

Josh

• 1 month later...

Hey hello there! Which site(s) did you go to then?

Not that you asked but we're off to Bentwaters near Woodbridge tomorrow for a special one off game with Contego Tactical. Otherwise the other local sites in your area I've been to would be Ravens in Ipswich, Gunman in Tuddenham (near Bury St Edmunds) or try Billericay Skirmish. See you around!

It's an addictive hobby! I work near Colchester, there are quite a few sites locally as deadmeat says, but would definitely encourage Gunman Tuddenham. There also appears to be night games in Witham with BadgerTac and Airsoft plantations, AWA Herts aren't that far from you either. If you're up for a bit of a road trip UCAP the Sandpit is well worth the day out as it's just the other side of the bridge, so from Colchester isn't too bad. 

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to visit Ravens and Gunman. Been to Billericay and AWA Herts, and had my eye on going to UCAP Sandpit ever since it featured in Airsoft International (looks awesome).

I try to airsoft once a month and always on the lookout for interesting sites I've never been to. Some of my favorite games were at Urban Assault (massive abandoned RAF airbase) and Danger Close (urban, with dead zone on top of a shipping container so you can watch the game play out. Also next to a skydiving club so you get a propeller plane flying low overhead every 10 mins - awesome!)

I haven't found a 'regular' site yet as that needs to be kinda close... But hopefully the Colchester crew will get something together again after Bunker 39 got kicked off their land :(

UCAP's Sandpit site, is amazing, 

Good marshalling, huge site, vehicles (they just got a Saracen APC to go with the WMIK and the 2 Snatch Landrovers)

Really good medic rule that really keeps play flowing well!

Its not my local, but its the best site I've ever played,

sadly I can only make the 200 mile round trip every few months!

AWA Herts is the first site I ever played at and is good for a laugh, especially when Curly gets the Mortar out.

The Mall used to be good but got a bit samey and always seemed to choke up at the same points.

(Watch out for the 45 minute safety brief too, yawn)

Urban Assault, I used to play there years ago, but I was put off after a few bad game days (cheats)

so started playing the smaller night time pistol/shotgun games,

which were superb with a small group of 20 or so,

but when it got to 50 plus players every night, it started getting bad, blind firing and screaming abuse.

A friend of mine had someone reach around a door and shoot him in the face from about an inch away.

Not nice.

Welcome to the sport, kiss goodbye to your wallet!

Jim

Archived