A good quality inner barrel

thetaz

Hello,

I want to buy a good quallity inner b arrel for my Well mb03 vsr clone. I can't find any laylax 6.03 or pdi 6.01( actually i found 1 pdi barrel but it's high overpriced) on stock. All I could find  are these barrells:

Ultimate

http://airsoft-sports.com/Tuning-parts/Precision-barrels/Praezisionslauf-6-03x554mm-ASW338LM-VSR-10::4776.html

kyou 6.03

http://www.ea-airsoft.com/html/pdtinfo-KY-PI0486.php

I would better spend a little more money on a barrel than getting bad shots.

What are your toughts about edgi 6.01 barrels? looks like for now I only got these  potions :(. Also keep in mind that for my clone I need at least a barrel of 510mm leight. if it's bigger I can cut it.

Thank you Corkie 121 for the heads up.

Marius

Forget about all those cheap tightbores. Well's barrels are just fine and especially good with VSR cylinder. The wider bore is actually more accurate with single shots if you get enough air from your cylinder. Save your money for hopup mods if you want to improve.

Thank you for your sugestion. After I finish my broken compresion(it will take around 3 weeks to buy all parts) I will see if the barrel will satisfy me.My sniper will have 170 m/s so I tought at this speed I must buy a tighter barrel :)

Tightbores and mostly FOR the speed and wide bore is nice to have with high air volume. That's great idea to buy it last if you think you will need it, wich you will most likely not.

Here in Finland airsoft shops confuses customers by calling ALL aftermarket barrels "precision barrels" not by their true name; tbb or wbb. That is sad thing for customers getting scammed and throwing their money away for nothing or minimal improvement. That's good thing for us who knows better and are able to buy nonused TM Barrels for 10€ each.

If tightbores increase accuracy and wide bores increases accuracy, does that mean:

- Bore diameter has no effect on accuracy? OR...

- 6mm-Good --- 6.10mm bad ---6.23mm good --- 6.3mm bad?

What is the real relationship between bore diameter and accuracy?

From my limited 15 years experience on airsoft guns, there are countless factors, some which could possibly be due to paranormal factors.

But one thing is for sure, you can't shoot straight if your barrel is bend/warped, flapping or unsupported.

So as a general rule for selecting barrels:

- Always handpick barrels, look down the barrel using the "concentric ring test" (where if you look at the inside of the barrel in the light you will see rings, and if the rings are not circular, or one ring is offset from centre, then you won't get accuracy)

- The more rigid the inner barrel the less barrel whip, the better it is for sustain fire.  But this has to apply to the outer barrel also.  Best way to test this is to feel and bend the barrel.

- The longer the inner barrel the more likely it is to whip, causing inaccuracies on rapid fire, unless supported by a perfectly straight and rigid outer barrel, and dampened by weight of the weapon.

- The longer the inner barrel the flatter the hop trajectory will be.

- The smaller the diameter the more likely BBs will touch the insides of the barrel, the more likely bits will flake off and over many rounds will accumulate and affect accuracy.

- The smaller the diameter the more likely BBs will jam due to sand and dirt.  Having skirmished in sand dunes and desert conditions a jammed gun can be painful especially if there are no unjamming rods or a weapon with a quick barrel access ability.

I recently upgraded a WELL L96 which has a VSR barrel unit.  I installed an M150 spring, stainless piston, steel sears, 650mm SS 6.03mm inner and a maple leaf hop rubber, free floated the inner barrel and redesigned the pivot points on the inner barrel mounting from the hop unit to the extended end cap.  The result was a perfectly straightly mounted inner barrel with no undue pressures bending the barrel from the end cap to the hop unit. 

It shot perfectly straight at a dinner plate sized target out to 70m, 80% of the time.  Slight number of fliers from hop variances.

Funny thing is, my PKM with stock barrel, stock hop rubber, could do the same, with less fliers.  It owes its accuracy to a solid barrel trunion, solid one piece outer barrel with perfectly fitting outer to inner barrel diameter, and 7kgs of weight.

So basically working on the same reasoning, M4s with inner barrels which float inside of their silencers don't increase accuracy it decreases it.

Archived