How much tactical/how much tacticool?

Beeingmyself

My general plan for carrying kit is to be able to accommodate the following items:

Primary magazines (6-8)

Speed loaders (1-2)

Hydration

Radio

Loose ammo, extra batteries, tasty snacks, random game related stuff 

So I typically set up my PC with 3 double magazine pouches on the front, an admin pouch for maps and to hold speed loaders, a hydro carrier on the back, a radio pouch on the back or on the cummerbund and then a 100-round SAW pouch on the cummerbund. I usually toss a grenade pouch onto the cummerbund as well to hold a dead rag.

0517140756a_zps89baa511.jpg

On my rifle I typically have a PEQ with laser, flashlight, optic and vertical grip. The vast majority of the time the PEQ and laser don't get used unless it's a rare night game. The optic gets used probably 3-4 times a game for precision shooting, otherwise I'm basically snap shooting. 

I rarely play short recreational game, but when I do I use a chest-rig that carries 6 primary magazines, two speed loaders, a radio and canteen.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

163f.jpg

Over 12 years ago...what was it the milfags said, "*fruitcage* laz0r ninjaz" i think.

Not me, but point stands: Do you really need a PC to point at the enemy and press the trigger? Do you really need 5 midcaps instead of a highcap? Most people get what they think is cool, then they invent a logic to justify it gameplay wise.

shots fired

Depends on the scenario and how you play.  Tacticool is fine in urban, practicool is good in close country.

My team plays in close country, for 8hrs+ so anything that is extra, gets in the way.  Guys who turn up in tacticool gear quickly realise they don't survive because their gear and their mindset hinders them in the scenario.  They generally don't come back.  Most people refine their gear and goes from tacticool to practicool.

Archived