New Camo style - Hexcam by Obliterator Industries

RogueSystem087

Hi all! 

i recently had the opportunity to see a new camo that's currently being developed and i thought i would share it with you guys!

its made by a company called ''Obliterator Industries'' based in Hong Kong.

post-98376-0-11146600-1409158888_thumb.jpg(credits to Obliterator industries)

and this is their Hexcam! 

btw i asked if i could take pictures and post them and the managing director - Noa from Oclan said 'sure'. (i tagged along with others to give an opinion to the managing director about his hexcam)

post-98376-0-76940100-1409159237_thumb.jpg

post-98376-0-64350500-1409160128_thumb.jpg

As you can see its still in early stages of production lol

Quite an interesting pattern. on their website its called ''VIRAL -=o=- hexcam'' or something.

and here's a photo of one of their full gear set and uniform from their website

post-98376-0-71671700-1409159536_thumb.jpg(credits to Obliterator Industries) 

What do you guys think? similar to digital/krptek? interesting concept? 

personally i'm more into their woodland stuff for canada and hk use :)

There's all sorts of camo patterns out there with 'unnatural' shapes in them that blend in just fine (if not very well) at a distance.

I'd probably have a set of apparel in that stuff.  I like what they've done with it, especially in that shot of (what I'm presuming is) the transitional palette.  For my airsoft purposes form comes before function and hey it might work just great, no way to say until there's more pictures/videos floating around.

It'll have the same disruptive properties as more common digital patters, but I think the colors need to be less bunched up as then it starts to work more like analog patterns which only really serve to break silhouettes. If that's the case, the whole purpose of being digital is lost and ends up just looking different/cool up close. As said above, needs pics against different terrain and in different lighting conditions.

edit:

Also the name and logo of the company strikes me as being overly trying hard to be edgy which may be a problem with people taking them seriously.

I'll be honest, I buy camo for how much i like how it looks, not necessarily how effective it is. Airsoft is just a fantasy sport after all, we're not shooting real bullets.

I also understand that there is an element of imitation in the activity, and some people prefer realistic loadouts.

EDIT: The name and logo are derived from an airsoft community in Hong Kong which the developers are, or used to be members of. I'm not in contact enough nowadays to know exactly how serious this camo project has become, I just wear the prototype.

I do love how modern camo seems to have been designed for fighting in areas that will probably never see real combat but in the hopes that airsofters and other outdoor enthusiasts will buy it :P.

Still it is welcome to see a different pattern. Not a fan myself but then I like brush-strokes and circular dots rather than honeycombs and 8-bit graphics.

I just have a feeling it would need to be something spectacular to grab much interest and it is a somewhat unique pattern so it still has that going for it.

'FireKnife'

The pattern combines different sizes and overlays shapes, but overall -IMHO- it's just a mix of that Kryptek idea with a simpler shape (hex) and other people's palettes (MultiCam, CADPAT and Vegetato in the pics).

• 3 weeks later...

Just letting you guys know....
I was the guy who help design HEXCAM VIRAL :P

The original concept predates Kryptek since our concept was conceived at around 2005 ish....

The reason for the hexagon is that... well it's just cool and there aren't/weren't a hexagon camouflage out there when I 1st designed it.
I haven't seen the final printed version in person but from the pictures it looks pretty effective and the hex are only visible when up close.

Also, the reason why the Logo are imprinted into the pattern is because You will know that this is VIRAL, and it sort of a watermark thing.
And VIRAL is actually designed for airsofters... not really for proper military/LE *may happen in the future, but it's a long way away*

Another thing thou, Noa is the one that is currently working full on with the realisation of the production of HEXCAM, so if you have any questions, please direct to him.

Oh and 1 last thing, the camo set that post by Bluntshooter is not VIRAL, it's another version of HEXCAM which has nothing to do with the version that I developed :P

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, can a wholesaler buy the uniform/vest yet for HEXCAM? Or is it still in development? I really like the design! :D

Hey Takoyaki

You can send Noa an email inquiring about that~ 

I haven't been involved in the production of HEXCAM much at the moment, so it's best you ask him :)

I will PM you him email later :)

Actually, this is being Manufactured in Korea... But we are HK based~
Shoot Noa an email BigAl, we might able to send you a set if you are interested :)

Oh and updates!
Prototype of MK7~ Uniform cutting is not final, just seeing how it looks as an uniform.

(From Obliterator Industries)
1798463_10154667951670655_56057040636442

10606607_10154667951680655_5970481615568

Ouch, I didn't realize that BigAl. But I wonder if they'll ever make American sizes? :huh: If Obligerator wants to survive, they need to make both sizes I guess. At the shop I work at, I see an equal amount of Asian and White/Black people that come through our doors. But that's in the Province I live in.

Other than that, Woozie, could you ask them to make a Tactical Combat Uniform (is that what it's called?) as well? It looks like this:

61bfe5aa10.jpg

Ouch, I didn't realize that BigAl. But I wonder if they'll ever make American sizes? :huh: If Obligerator wants to survive, they need to make both sizes I guess. At the shop I work at, I see an equal amount of Asian and White/Black people that come through our doors. But that's in the Province I live in.

Other than that, Woozie, could you ask them to make a Tactical Combat Uniform (is that what it's called?) as well? It looks like this:

*pic*

I think Noa is working a version of that combat top as well~ 

Archived