Small Waterborne Creature Identification.

Tommygunn

I've had a thought. I mentioned in my original description that it resembled a chopped up lizard's tail. Well, I figured it could be possible that it is the tail of a lizard that fell to the bottom of the well, got sucked up into the pump and chopped up by the impeller. The tentacles might just be shredded muscle. However, the pieces are very uniform and equal in size.

Tom.

They are called house centipedes. They are non venomous and act like spiders without making webs. They just run around and kill *suitcase*, including spiders.

they like damp environments though. So if you find them in your house, you have a different issue.

I've had a thought. I mentioned in my original description that it resembled a chopped up lizard's tail. Well, I figured it could be possible that it is the tail of a lizard that fell to the bottom of the well, got sucked up into the pump and chopped up by the impeller. The tentacles might just be shredded muscle. However, the pieces are very uniform and equal in size.

Tom.

Aww, somehow I thought they were swimming around when you first caught them.  Speaking of critters, one of my friends sent me this photo of a glue trap haul: 

download_20140905_174528.jpg 

One of the many reasons I don't live in the South anymore.  

NopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNope

• 1 month later...

Archived