Hard Shell Rifle Case

Hardcore1-6

Troops,

I'm in need of a sizable rifle case - measuring 1m x 15 cm x 40cm to accomodate my warmachine. Measurements aren't exact but I used a piece of paper and guessedimated - comparing it with a rifle case online that was both too shallow and not wide enough ( I don't want to take off sights everytime I pack it away!)

Some sort of foam filler would be nice, and locks and all that shiney stuff would be fancy.

Thanks in advance, i'll even take second hand if you've got one lying about the place.

Best bet is either the Pelican or Storm cases.

If you go onto the website (www.pelican.com) there is a case finder section, put your dimensions in and it will tell you which cases fit. Cheapest place I have found is waterproofcases.co.uk. As Pelican do case for everything from an M9 pistol, up to a M134 Mini Gun, you're sure to find something that fits

i use a plano gunguard se single rifle case which i got from uttings.co.uk for about £30 delivered. it is a cheap but acceptable option for a hard rifle case when i'm just taking my aegs to a local skirmish. it will hold a standard ak47 and some accessories like mags and batts etc.

i would not be happy using the plano se case on public transport and it would be totally unacceptable for international travel. its just not strong enough.

so if your requirements/budget allow then go pelican cos they're great, although a bit spendy for me

if all u want is something to hold ur aeg so that u can chuck it in the back of the car for a 20 min journey every other sunday then the plano gunguard series are adequate.

ive had good experience with the plano cases, not as expensive as the pelican cases by a long way and do a very good job. i bought the 42 inch all weather case to go to Czech and it did the job beautifully. hard wearing, pick and pluck foam and lockable should you want to transport it aboot. only trouble is it can be a bit bulky but theres loads of space, have got my g36, 11 mags, and 5 batteries in my 42 inch case, al nice and snug. check out the link bellow of where i got mine.

http://www.cadetdirect.com/webbing-carriage/plano-gun-cases-boxes/plano-aw-series

if its a bit ott for what you need then the plano gun guard case is a good buy, lighter, cheaper and smaller dimensions, however doesn't have pick and pluck foam so things might move around inside a little and depending on the side of the rifle might need to remove the sight. it also has a tendency if over stuffed to not quite close around the handle. i use this for my p90 and it holds it and 5 mags. i do have to break down the p90 as it just won't quite pack away with the sight attached. 

reason being is the gun guard cases are designed for you rifle, m14's, l96's and the like. so assault rifles can be a bit of a squeeze!

SRC gun cases are pretty awesome too for the price. £50 and it'll be perfect. I don't think you need to go as far as a peli case for airsoft. They're nice granted but a bit OTT IMO.

Use to think so, until a friend bought loads for his guns, first trip out and all the lids are bowed in from being stacked on top of each other (using the "stacking reinforcements") where as my Peli and Storm case all take my generous build sitting or walking on them.

Main difference between the Peli and Storm cases are:

• Storm Cases are lighter
  • Storm cases are over all smoother and better if you are carrying them around (moulded rubber handles and reduced ribs dont dig into you as much)
  • Peli case are better if you are stacking multiple identical cases or mixed loads

Don't forget as well that the Peli and Storm cases all have lifetime guarantees on them as well!

Later daze

Lee

Use to think so, until a friend bought loads for his guns, first trip out and all the lids are bowed in from being stacked on top of each other (using the "stacking reinforcements") where as my Peli and Storm case all take my generous build sitting or walking on them.

Main difference between the Peli and Storm cases are:

• Storm Cases are lighter
  • Storm cases are over all smoother and better if you are carrying them around (moulded rubber handles and reduced ribs dont dig into you as much)
  • Peli case are better if you are stacking multiple identical cases or mixed loads

Don't forget as well that the Peli and Storm cases all have lifetime guarantees on them as well!

Later daze

Lee

Well i've got 4 of the SRC gun cases. All live stacked in my room. No bowing. I use them as seats for weekenders to with no problem. The first one I had a few years ago was a little stiff getting the clips to close but it eased up eventually! 

Archived