''But I shot you First!'

AG1212

As others have said, if we both fired within a second or so, both should take it.

If they fire clearly after they have been hit, they should take it.

If I get hit and pull the trigger involuntarily when I get hit - happens quite often in CQB if we both round a corner at the same time - I apologise to the player and tell them they don't have to take the hit.

Also I'll just leave this here:

To answer the original post of this thread. The basic etiquette in that situation is for both players to take their hits. Also, could you name the site that you went to because it doesn't seem as though it is well marshaled if  you're having to play against Iron-Men, Terminators and Juggernauts.

It's not an issue with the site really, I didn't take it up with the marshals because I wasn't really 'upset' by certain occurrences enough to bring it up to them, I was more intent on getting back in the game. If it was a repeated incident, I would take it up.

The guy who decided to only call the hit after my friend and I were out, I had a quiet word with his friends that remained just to point out that it's not really fair play, they were nice enough about it and I went my own merry way. The time where I was hit but went on to hit the guy who shot me (was barely a second in it), I told him I was definitely hit, and I wasn't sure if he should take it or not, it was up to him. We both took it in the end and we shook hands at taking eachother out.

When it comes to my local weekend skirmish, I don't take things too seriously (hence me using a GBBR for funsies). I guess if I really cared I'd be making a 30 RPS AEG Hose and I'd argue every hit as some people there tend to do...but I just ignore them and have the craic with my friends. I'm the sort to make small talk whilst waiting in a bush to make an ambush :P

I was just curious to see if anyone else out there would dispute a .0001 second difference in who was the first to shoot.

Dude, you're dead man. Love it. Would have liked to have seen more of that video to be honest. Liked how the person filming legged it to try and get him. Then . . . . . Boooooooo sore loser.

My GoPro, my head it's attached to.

I'm not sure I'm reading your post correctly though. I clearly and repeatedly hit the guy as he was running across to cover, then hit him again several times after I flanked round, only to be shot in the back by him a good two seconds later. At this point I felt it was fair to remonstrate a little. Are you calling me a sore loser?

It was apparently his first game in Hong Kong, and this guy was cheating the entire night, using full auto in a semi-only game, not taking hits repeatedly, overkilling people at close range and getting very aggressive and threatening when other players pointed out that he was breaking rules.

Oddly enough, we don't play with him anymore.

What? He was a sore loser for hitting you, after you had clearly got him (not the first time). I think that's pretty clear in what I typed. The narrative was from the perspective of the person doing the running (who made sure they got the non hit taker), ie you (which I didn't know at the time of posting).

It's not an issue with the site really, I didn't take it up with the marshals because I wasn't really 'upset' by certain occurrences enough to bring it up to them, I was more intent on getting back in the game. If it was a repeated incident, I would take it up.

The guy who decided to only call the hit after my friend and I were out, I had a quiet word with his friends that remained just to point out that it's not really fair play, they were nice enough about it and I went my own merry way. The time where I was hit but went on to hit the guy who shot me (was barely a second in it), I told him I was definitely hit, and I wasn't sure if he should take it or not, it was up to him. We both took it in the end and we shook hands at taking eachother out.

When it comes to my local weekend skirmish, I don't take things too seriously (hence me using a GBBR for funsies). I guess if I really cared I'd be making a 30 RPS AEG Hose and I'd argue every hit as some people there tend to do...but I just ignore them and have the craic with my friends. I'm the sort to make small talk whilst waiting in a bush to make an ambush :P

I was just curious to see if anyone else out there would dispute a .0001 second difference in who was the first to shoot.

Ahh okay I understand. Well so long as it handled tastefully then it's okay. Also, to add on what I said, I always go by the philosophy that if you're unsure just take the hit.

What? He was a sore loser for hitting you, after you had clearly got him (not the first time). I think that's pretty clear in what I typed. The narrative was from the perspective of the person doing the running (who made sure they got the non hit taker), ie you (which I didn't know at the time of posting).

Ah, my mistake then. The 'legged it to try and get him, then boo sore loser' bit had me confused.

Yeah, you were (are) in the right with making sure he took the hit. I hope you didn't take his hit, as that should be classed as accidental discharge by a dead man (in airsoft at least, seeing as it is honour based). Very blatant he was too. Did he find his dummy?

Yeah, you were (are) in the right with making sure he took the hit. I hope you didn't take his hit, as that should be classed as accidental discharge by a dead man (in airsoft at least, seeing as it is honour based). Very blatant he was too. Did he find his dummy?

No, but given how violently he spat it out, I'd not be surprised if it landed somewhere in Norway.

Ah the internet causing confusion and arguments amoungst people who agree and have the same opinion since 2001... I think its simple if in doubt, call yourself out, a could we have shot at the same time question = doubt call it, shooting someone who then turns round and shoots back= no doubt call a marshall.

• 3 weeks later...

Same time/reasonable amount of time great.... Both take it however the ow hit....pause....pause...fire....you gonna take that? Gets old quick. I understand firing at the same time and I understand the involuntary jerk and that dead players can't call back flying pellets nor should they not count but some take the urine a bit.

If I ever got someone from the sie or back and then got rinsed after he/she turned round I would just tell them to get *fruitcage*ed if they demanded I take the hit tbh. I don't have time on my chillout day for cocks like that. Although I would Imediately then call for and go report it to a marshal 1. So he can't tag me as a cheat first and 2. To get his cheating *albatross* booted

To address the OP's original, exact question, I think it's up to the circumstances. If your site is well moderated by a cadre of marshals who don't play favorites or just stare at people while they're ruining the game, take your hit and call them out to someone staffing the game. From experience I know even the presence of game marshals usually helps vs. having none.

On the other hand you may find yourself with an ungodly situation, like my team. We play at a site that's one of three or four local places, if you count a private field. Only one site actually had the stones to enforce a sweeping ban, which involved an entire team going bye bye. The downside is their site is outmoded, under-developed and preaches "pistol is king" and I refuse to consider this acceptable ever again. Then there's the psuedo-milsim crowd who think semi auto makes a game realistic (6 DMRs on a 12 man team is realistic too apparently), who don't mete out bans on anyone with a big name. Then there's our place, which is a one-man show that has a rad field but no one to really oversee gameplay consistently.

Most of the time the cheaters shape up due to being overkilled, and the people from the other fields don't want to meet their match. Last weekend though we met a bunch of literal tanks. "Shoot them again" isn't a useful maxim when they don't care how many times they get hit, they could not be suppressed, ignored blatantly square hits, one even blindfired desperately while looking away as he crumped up in pain. I volunteered to ref the game after this just because of how ridiculous it was and they gave me grief. They broke so many rules. Without shrugging hits I don't know how you could deal with them, and they in the past tried to pick an actual fight with me after we decided "no more" and I unloaded half of my AK hi-cap into one of them. I must've been hit a few times but he just sat there like a brick. He yelled "did you see me flinch?" which doesn't matter when they and their ghetto brigade act like complete psychos.

tl;dr from experience if you DON'T have reliable/any rule enforcement, it is impossible to play fairly at all times. Someone may come in and take a dump on me for this but self-enforced justice IS necessary, or they will keep being rewarded for cheating. Nothing I've seen puts off a repeat, determined scumbag more than getting a dose of tanking right back.

Archived