Someone's probably going to get a Darwin Award soon

Cannonfodder80

What you may call stupidity I call a bad jugdement call or just mental desease.

But secondly why didn't anyone stop him?

I do think that 95% of all the people going to Syria for war for whoemever god they belive in are mental ill.

I now say that to provoke anybody but you have to be some kind off in your brain to do.

For this dude I feel sorry both for him and his family and friends

why do any of us do 'risky' stuff ? some just for kicks, many for financial reward, and the majority for a bit of both would be my guess.

in his case it looks like both, he's clearly enjoying parading his 'achievement' on the net and no doubt he was hoping it would improve his standing and or help his business back in japan.

is he mentally ill? who knows.. a lot of so called 'normal' people would say that we airsofters have some kind of mental deficiency due to a desire to shoot other people with our toys or perhaps we are 'sick' bc we want to own so many guns etc etc

if i tell my dr that i hear voices in my head he will prescribe me medication or he might even have me locked up, if i tell him that the voice in my head is God then im fine and dandy and i can go about my business, in our culture that is an acceptable answer.

sidenote -- my friends doctor happens to believe in god, hardly a hangin offence but not completely uncommon among the medical profession, however this doctor also believes that she saw jesus in her kitchen. a medically trained doctor believes that what she experienced in her kitchen was a visitation from jesus and not some kind of hallucination cased by a chemical imbalance in her brain, ok lady whatever..

Poor bloke.

I have zero sympathy for the trash that go out and join isis.

This guy didn't harm anyone - infact he was described as 'gentle'.

He was obviously mentally ill - a linked article describes how he attempted to castrate himself and live as a woman after his business failed - his wife managed to stop him although she died of cancer a few years later.

I suppose you can't help everyone.

Didn't Orwell get shot in the neck and then give list of names to the British government of suspected spies (Russian spies in the UK), that he learnt about whilst helping out in Spain (he also came to the conclusion that the Spanish revolution was being helped by pro Russian communists). But that's all from memory and could be a little hazey.

Regarding voices in a persons head. Everyone has a voice in their head (when reading, trying spell out a word or even when trying to decide what to buy). Just some people confuse that voice with other wordly activity telling them what to do/not to do. This isn't about being who have multiple personalities or schizophrenic.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived