Sign in to follow this  
chas

Photobucket problems

Since saturday the site won't let me post image links from Photobucket. I get a message that says that the extension is not allowed. But even saturday morning I was able to post a few.

If I may make a suggestion, please don't use Photobucket por posting images!

Photobucket hosting means tons of dead links in forums in the long term. Looking for images in old forum threads it's a graveyard of lost images.

Unless is for personal use, it's way better to use http://imgur.com/ or another easy and decent anonymous hosting service that will store the images almost forever, so people can see them even if the original poster is long gone.

• Like 1

Photobucket was decent for years, but last couple years,t hye've been doing everything they can to drive away everyone but the laziest and most computer-illiterate. And the computer-illiterates they've hired to provide their support.

Not sure I'd go for imgur either, but there's been a visible decline in good photo storage services over the last years.

You can stick images on here as well if needed I'll bump the space for members.

If you're trying to post an image that ends in php the forum won't normally allow it for security reasons. I know that Photobucket have been screwing around with their link extensions recently.