• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, so its finally here!! The Cybergun/VFC FNX-45. #YOLOSWAG   The box is as you’ve all seen, glossy picture with the promotional jargon plastered in the spare space. There is no packaging inside th

paintjob done...

Posted Images

Ah yes that lovely conversation I had on Facebook regarding the FNX-45. At least they were honest but by diety they dodge lots of genuine questions that asked why they went the route they did (after originally saying it would be able to co-witness). It's a real shame, missed opportunity but who knows they 'may' have been told to alter it from the real steel/deal. I say 'may/might' have been told.

Any chance you can balance the red dot on the BBU to check if it cowitnesses?That way we would be able to asses whether the ridge on to`pp of the BBU needs to go or not.

If the height is OK, we could simply make to narrow metal plates that go on each side of the ridge.

I have done that, I said I had. It does definitely cowitness just about but that might've been from the RMR for being wrongly adjusted! I would imagine it needs to go, even if it's just to make the RMR sit flat. You're still going to have the issue of the screw holes being in the wrong place though.

The safety/decocker shows signs of a slight resistance at times, like something that might break easy, you can see a vibration running through the decocker as you rack the slide.

Just because the Safety/Decocker moves when racking the slide, doesn't imply or necessitate a weak linkage or part, and assuming so seems odd and unnecessary.

Cybergun are in a strange position of having to finance a licenced gun that will always be classed as being 'Not Marui' and price will be expected to reflect this and yet incorporate a metal-slide and proper trades.

There is no evidence to suggest that Cybergun are paying anything for the licensing of the appearance and trademarks for this gun, considering that Cybergun already hold the license for FNs guns near-worldwide, and near-freely give KingArms and Chinaclone brands the ability to produce FN-style guns with "official" trademarks. Until I see evidence suggesting that Cybergun have to pay more to produce replicas of additional guns, or pay a royalty per gun sold, the licensing costs excuse holds no water as far as I'm concerned. Furthermore, the metal slide should not cost cybergun perceptibly more per unit. The Zinc/Aluminium casting alloy used for Airsoft GBB pistols is really really really cheap, as evidenced by unlicensed full-metal pistols from WE and SRC being available for as little as $80. If the metal slide and "licensing costs" were so significant, how can Cybergun afford to sell the (reputably excellent) M&P9 for nearly $100 less per pistol?

But these thing are obviously made as cheap as possible because of those reasons as they're guessing people won't be prepared to pay anymore than Marui prices.

So with cheaper hammer/trigger mechanism parts and mixed-metal slide/barrel there is always a chance of forthcoming problems etc.

The new RRP of $225 does seem a tiny bit steep for a gun with more serious chances of breakages than say a KJW.

Maybe KJW would have proved a better OEM, but it might have cost a premium.

Only time will tell if Cybergun are willing to up their game and finance better quality internals for the higher prices demanded from them, but I'm not expecting too much for the immediate future, but wishing.

Firstly; An assumption based on (what I believe to be) flawed reasons.

Secondly; The pistol is still notably more expensive than any non-limited-edition Marui pistol available.

Thirdly; You keep mentioning "cheap hammer/trigger mechanism parts" and flawed metallurgy, have you experienced any issues yet?

Fourth; a MRP (Minimum Retail Price) of $225 for a gun that, as you claim, has a weak "hammer/trigger mechanism", poor metal in the slide/barrel and no mini-RedDot compatibility at this time, despite initial promises to the contrary isn't "a tiny bit steep", it's massively overpriced.

Fifth; I haven't got much faith in KJW as a GBB innovator, certainly, they manufacture some GBBs that function very well, but all of their guns are straight-up clones of TM designs, and often have considerable issues regardless. In all but a few cases, I consider KJW inferior to WEtech.

Sixth; If Cybergun "up their game", I should hope that they do so by being less greedy and reducing the price. If they intend to keep the price as-is, I expect the internals to be 100% bulletproof-perfect in reliability and functionality. If the price increases further, Cybergun might as well end production now as I suspect the majority of players will pick less extortionately expensive guns. Two of my good friends who were extremely keen on purchasing this pistol have decided to get SAI-slided Glocks instead based on the preposterous price and the MRD mounting charlie-foxtrot. Personally, I wouldn't spend that sort of money on anything other than a gun customised by someone like Mike Cripps.

Lastly; this post is suspiciously different from your usual posting style from what I remember. Were you not a known and established member who's posted photos of many guns I covet (particularly your KSC System7 CZ75 in Prime 1st-ver kit), I would accuse you of being a Cybergun shill. Nonetheless, I have found your post quite confusing.

Edited by Aod

Not sure what you mean by properly tilt? Point up when the slide is pulled back? I can get you some more pictures once I get home this evening.

Also small update regarding the Serial plate, I can confirm it is unique which is a nice touch! 

no need, one can imagine what it should look like if it was done correctly lol.

Aod said everything perfectly. And I really don't understand this "not a Marui" mentality especially in relation to this pistol. Marui pistols run around 140-150 where as this one is 75 dollars more than that. Even when it was initially priced to be 140~ people weren't complaining as it offered something novel in a decent quality package.

Edited by kagami

It's a real shame, missed opportunity but who knows they 'may' have been told to alter it from the real steel/deal.

Why would 'they' (VFC?) have been ordered to put the holes in the wrong place? The only reason I can think of that sounds even remotely coherent is to force people to buy a Cybergun-approved MRDS, and hopefully not even Cybergun would stoop that low. I think the most likely explanation is that VFC thought that putting the holes where they should be would impinge on the BBU.

If the metal slide and "licensing costs" were so significant, how can Cybergun afford to sell the (reputably excellent) M&P9 for nearly $100 less per pistol?

If we assume that the FNX-45 and M&P9 cost roughly similar amounts to make, and therefore cost Cybergun approximately the same amount, and your suggestion is that the difference is simply pure profit for Cybergun, surely the question is not "why is the FNX-45 not the same price as the M&P9", it is "why is the M&P9 not the same cost as the FNX-45"? If Cybergun can charge whatever they like for the FNX-45, why are they selling the M&P9 so cheaply? I think it's at the very least possible that FNH are charging Cybergun more than S&W do; I seem to recall that this excessive licensing tax was the reason that G&G eventually gave up licensing trademarks from Cybergun for their FN2000 replicas.

Incidentally, if we're going to attack the quality of the gun, shouldn't we be blaming that on VFC, not Cybergun?

If we assume that the FNX-45 and M&P9 cost roughly similar amounts to make, and therefore cost Cybergun approximately the same amount, and your suggestion is that the difference is simply pure profit for Cybergun, surely the question is not "why is the FNX-45 not the same price as the M&P9", it is "why is the M&P9 not the same cost as the FNX-45"? If Cybergun can charge whatever they like for the FNX-45, why are they selling the M&P9 so cheaply? I think it's at the very least possible that FNH are charging Cybergun more than S&W do; I seem to recall that this excessive licensing tax was the reason that G&G eventually gave up licensing trademarks from Cybergun for their FN2000 replicas.

Incidentally, if we're going to attack the quality of the gun, shouldn't we be blaming that on VFC, not Cybergun?

But how does that assumption correlate with the initial retail price at Bunny Workshop and CRW Airsoft being $135, only slightly more than the M&P, before they were instructed to raise the price by Cybergun. Just yesterday, WGCshop listed the gun at $180, $45 less than the MRP!

I also doubt the assumed reason mentioned a few months ago that Cybergun raised the wholesale price which caused the HK retailers to have to raise their prices - you know damn well that the HK retailers would not ship a gun they were making a loss on, they'd simply politely ask for more money or offer to cancel the order.

Your recollection of the issues G&G were having with the FN F2000 and SCAR replicas is not strictly correct - G&G gave up licensing their products through Cybergun not as a result of significant incurred costs, but because Cybergun insisted on distributing all the products themselves, limiting order quantities to levels that were economically unfeasable to G&G, and at one point, ordering SCARs made by a different manufacturer without telling G&G. G&G stopped dealing with them because Cybergun abused their business relationship to the point of absurdity.

Having not held or examined the gun, I make no claim of a lack of quality at this time. I only comment on it's unreasonable price given the assumption that the quality is on par with the more-than-acceptable VFC M&P and StarkArms Glocks.

Edited by Aod

Guys, you are overthinking this. It's Cybergun, no other explanation is needed.

Remember, this is the company who has been trying to trademark words like "MARUI" and "HOP UP"(and many other terms and brands) in Europe :

http://www.popularairsoft.com/japanese-find-cybergun-preventing-healthy-market-growing

Edited by Kratisto
  • Like 1