Emails from WGC:

- We are packaging your pistol right now. Me: great! :D

2 hours later:

- Oops we are out of stock. Next batch at the end of October...lol! Me: :angry22:

unfortunately... so many many people have been receiving this response -_-

including the people in hong kong who actually ordered it a loonngg time ago :( ...

btw just out of curiosity, for those who have the FNX now, are any of you encountering an issue where the FNX fires sluggishly? 

after firing 100 rounds through it the slide started to cycle slow o_O trying to isolate where the issue is now but just checking

Edited by RogueSystem087
  • Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, so its finally here!! The Cybergun/VFC FNX-45. #YOLOSWAG   The box is as you’ve all seen, glossy picture with the promotional jargon plastered in the spare space. There is no packaging inside th

paintjob done...

Posted Images

If we assume that the FNX-45 and M&P9 cost roughly similar amounts to make, and therefore cost Cybergun approximately the same amount

But how does that assumption correlate with the initial retail price at Bunny Workshop and CRW Airsoft being $135, only slightly more than the M&P, before they were instructed to raise the price by Cybergun.

Well, the assumption goes one of two ways. Either it is true - the pistols cost VFC similar amounts to make - and there is some other reason (Cybergun imposing a higher price for a wider profit margin, FNH demanding an unusually high licensing fee, etc.) for the price difference between the two. Or, it is false, and the FNX-45 presumably is much more expensive than the M&P9 to manufacture (smaller numbers of guns made equalling higher unit price, lack of parts commonality requiring expensive retooling, R&D costs to amortize, etc.) and that explains the price difference. You're saying that Cybergun are artificially inflating the price of the FNX-45 and that until Cybergun imposed price rises it retailed at a similar price as the M&P9, so it seems to me that you implicitly accept the assumption that the cost to manufacture the FNX-45 is similar to the manufacturing cost of the M&P9.

If you accept that the FNX-45 costs a similar amount to make as the M&P9, that they ought to retail for a similar price, and Cybergun is setting a higher price simply to boost its profits, my question stands - why haven't they done the same thing with the M&P9? Is the argument that there are other M&P9s on the market, so they'd simply price themselves out of the market, whereas they have an effective monopoly on the FNX-45 and can charge whatever they like? I consider the M&P9 quite reasonably priced; if Cybergun were in the habit of slapping a 40% price rise on everything they license, wouldn't it be more expensive than it is? All of the rest of the stuff Cybergun license is costlier than the unlicensed versions, but the FNX-45 is orders of magnitude more so. Does that indicate that Cybergun have suddenly moved the goalposts for this specific model, or does it indicate that they are themselves subject to orders from the licensor?

I also doubt the assumed reason mentioned a few months ago that Cybergun raised the wholesale price which caused the HK retailers to have to raise their prices

I doubt Cybergun set the wholesale price; surely VFC determine that? It seems logical to me that the retailers set their prices based on the cost-per-unit estimate they received from VFC as usual, and underestimated the licensing fees that would be imposed by Cybergun for sales in their domain. By way of corollary proof, that would explain why the local cost (outside Cybergun's AO) remains low. All this does is reiterate that the gun costs a similar amount to the M&P9 to make, and Cybergun have imposed an unusually high tax on the sale of this gun; it doesn't explain why they have done so.

I'm not saying that the price rise definitely isn't Cybergun just profiteering. I am saying that there are alternative explanations and that the idea that Cybergun should voluntarily and seemingly arbitrarily cripple their flagship latest release with a ridiculous price seems less likely than some of those alternatives.

When I said:

Incidentally, if we're going to attack the quality of the gun, shouldn't we be blaming that on VFC, not Cybergun?

I'm talking about the RDS issue. Cybergun are, by my understanding, basically a legal team, a marketing team, and some management. They don't design or manufacture any of this stuff, and evasive Facebook representatives or not, they aren't to blame for the RDS not fitting. VFC - who designed, tested and manufacture the gun - are.

Indeed.  Technically VFC are in theory to blame for the RMR fustercluck but we don't know how instructed/cajoled they were by CG in terms of time to get to market, R&D budget.  Of course they could have taken 5 mins to look at the free photos of the GM kits and we wouldn't be in this mess.  Oh well.  Hopefully the black version will be a ver2 and come with a proper BBU and spares available for the guinea pigs.

• Like 2

I was considering the FNX until I started looking into this thread. $265.00 is just too much to have to deal with these issues. The RMR issue alone is just totally un-acceptable. Anyone with half a brain who was involved with the design and manufacture of this pistol, should have realized that purchasers were going to max out these pistols as soon as they got them and were going to be less than thrilled when it couldn't happen without a modification that shouldn't have had to be required. Not at that price!

I ended up getting the ASG Cz P09 for $119.00 and 2 spare C02 magazines for $64.00 (that was a little steep to me but green gas magazines were not available). The pistol comes in a really nice pistol case and the interior foam is cut to fit the pistol and 1 spare magazine. The pistol also comes with what appears to be full Cz trades. The pistol functions quite nicely and I've not had any issues during the last 2 weeks of shooting it (a lot).

So it appears I get a nicely made pistol, with 2 spare magazines and a fitted pistol case for $83.00 less than just the cost of the FNX pistol. I just don't buy that the FNX costs that much more to make.

Is the ASG P09 as good as the FNX? I cant be positive as I've not been able to actually compare the 2 pistols. However, based on what I've read here, I believe I made a good choice.

As far as the original review of the FNX goes, it was top quality and very informative. Now do one for the ASG Cz P09!

• Like 1

As far as the original review of the FNX goes, it was top quality and very informative. Now do one for the ASG Cz P09!

Thanks pal. Unfortunately I don't have a CZ P09 and don't plan on it I'm afraid. It's a nice pistol just isn't for me! Next review will be of WE's new speed loader ;)

There is a reason why is that Cyberscum is trying to grab every peny they can. They are loosing money big time. This year alone their companies value dropped 3 times, and in the past two years is dropped a whopping 40 times!

In other words what was a €200m company 2-3 years ago is now only worth €5m Euros. Companies don't just loose 40 times of their value without something going very wrong.

What does that tell you?

Edited by bankz5152

Yes it is a public company.

Seriously. Got the figures off Bloomberg & Yahoo Finance. 18m shares in issue, share value of around €14 = around €200m. They may have had less on issue but theres no real way to find out, what is certain is they would not have issued any more shares so it is a fair assumption.

Heres a chart if anyones interested -

post-21477-0-12020700-1411134871_thumb.jpg

Slightly off topic I know but it does go to explain why they are bumping prices and the like.

Edited by bankz5152
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

P4JIG93.jpg

Gotta keep you guys waiting for my full comparison though, sorry. Short and obvious, slides don't swap, mags don't swap, thread protector don't swap

And I have to agree with BerserkDS, this in no way feels like what I've heard of the glorious VFC quality, it feels like a WE or worse. It is in no way worth the $225 price tag. Safety is weak, recoil spring is weak. It does say "Made in Taiwan"

Edited by tyguy94920
  • Like 1

I am pretty sure it was confirmed as OEMed by VFC but I can't recall how or where. Some Asia webshops have it listed as VFC/Cybergun, but perhaps they have been "fooled" as well.

But VFC/Stark is also Made In Taiwan so that doesn't say much.

You say you compared it to your WE. Have you compared it to another VFC/Stark gun as well ?

I've never had any hands on with a VFC, so I can't say for sure

I think I may have been a bit hard on it out of the box, too used to the RS, it's growing on me. The frame actually has less flex than the real deal, but there's a few things about it that just makes it feel cheaper than it is

EDIT: Backstraps swap but they're tight, mag baseplates don't so you're stuck with the bulky ones

Edited by tyguy94920

I got a chance to hold and fire one the other day.

I'm almost 100% positive it is OEMed by WE, NOT VFC. The plastic is Identical to the Glock Series plastic, which I compared side by side. The barrel finish, and metal control finish, Identical to WE. especially the way it wears off immediately.

And I have to agree with BerserkDS, this in no way feels like what I've heard of the glorious VFC quality, it feels like a WE or worse. It is in no way worth the $225 price tag. Safety is weak, recoil spring is weak. It does say "Made in Taiwan"

VFC is also a Taiwanese brand !

And as I am working with several airsoft brands, including VFC, I got the direct confirmation from VFC that this FNX45 is an ODM from their factory.

• Like 2

lol.

WE making the FNX is crazy talk, I'm sorry but it is.

Or rather, Cybergun licensing the production out to WE is crazy talk.

Cybergun and VFC have done products together before and WEs street rep. and respect for licensing is not exactly up there so...

Yeah...

You prove WE made it. Otherwise it's OEM by VFC :P

• Like 3