• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, so its finally here!! The Cybergun/VFC FNX-45. #YOLOSWAG   The box is as you’ve all seen, glossy picture with the promotional jargon plastered in the spare space. There is no packaging inside th

paintjob done...

Posted Images

Shame Airsoft World doesn't have any spare mags in. They almost got me! 

Don't do it, think of the children, won't somebody please think of the children!?

Plus I am tempted to go and fondle the shop model that they have so you might be getting the one I stroked and nobody wants anything I have stroked ;).

'FireKnife'

• Like 2

Don't do it, think of the children, won't somebody please think of the children!?

Plus I am tempted to go and fondle the shop model that they have so you might be getting the one I stroked and nobody wants anything I have stroked ;).

'FireKnife'

Now I just want it more. 

Really, will it be enough?

Personally I have had some bad pistols but this just seems to be going far too far. How much was said plate extra (lets ignore the fact you got it for almost half price) on top of the gun which ideally it should have come with?

'FireKnife'

• 2 weeks later...

I got mine today. Very impressed but it is not a perfect gun. Biggest issue is the right mag release works about 40% of the time. I'm a right handed shooter but I can see left handed shooters be annoyed by this since it's supposed to be ambi. The other ambi controls work well.

The gun itself is gorgeous. I've owned glocks, sigs, 1911s, usps, and none are on par wiith the FNX.

I picked up an FNX mount with RMR set from JK army, I will post updates once I install it. I also have the ace1 arms osprey for it as well.post-57104-0-66555100-1415929897_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

A couple of accessories arrived today (from China)  :)

Now I just need to make myself a holster for it :)

Tzj4X2.jpgGqZiPW.jpg

Was it easy to take the plate off the FNX to mount the RMR, vildtyr? I haven't took mine off yet cause my mount and sight hasn't arrived but I keep hearing its extremely difficult to take off.

I finally got mine!

I love the look and the feel of the thing, recoil is nice balance between heavy and snappy, holds a *suitcase*-tonne of gas. I haven't any range to test it on so I can't comment on range and accuracy. It uses the 'w' style hop, so not sure how it'll fair...

Only niggly issues I have: The slide and barrel are wibbly-wobbly, and as-stated the right slide release doesn't work. The slide release is made of a flimsy metal that just bends under pressure, and the right slide release is under more pressure so that makes sense. An aftermarket steel replacement would probably fix it. It does still feel nice though, polymer is guarder quality and has a good heft.

My main 'concern' now is if it'll cycle with an Osprey. On the AirsoftGI vid it seemed to do just fine, but I tried cycling mine while putting pressure on the end of the barrel to simulate this and it stuggled.

So far I'm happy enough with it. Is it worth it at the cost of a TM? Personally I'm not fussed with TMs, they feel meh and their performances aren't as good as the hype (I own G17 and 1911). The FNX has almost-as-snappy recoil, much more fun to shoot (and that's with a metal slide). Yes it's wobbly, but I can live with that, my G17 is getting that way too after use.

So far all I can say is that if you want an FNX, get an FNX. If you want performance over feel, authenticity etc. get a TM. I'll do an in-depth review after a few months and games-worth of use.

Edited by AG1212

How many times do I have to say it? It will cycle with an osprey just fine. A little more sluggish but nothing major!

Would be good to hear your thoughts after a few games worth. I've still not played with mine, think it's going to end up on the market i will be honest!

Oh? I don't remember reading that when I skimmed the thread :P Is it the Osprey with the ''power up'' barrel? Curious if it could handle the additional weight. The FNX is my favourite RS, so I'll be keeping it as long as it doesn't have any critical failures...only time will tell. Now to save up for Osprey and RMR, and spare mags, and a holster....

Huh. My apologies must've been in the other FNX45 News thread! 

Yes, it's the osprey with the "power up" barrel. Although I removed the power up inner barrel as it's really not needed and I'd be worried about how the suppressor inner barrel meshes with the pistol inner barrel! 

Total Number of Rounds: 200~ 

Wear and Tear: Superficial wear on the barrel, chamber and rear of the slide where it meets the rails of the lower.

Efficiency: 3 Mags Worth of BBs with no cooldown. However on the 3rd mag it failed to chamber a round about half way through, no further hiccups. On the 4th mag of bbs, cooldown was evident at round 12. Again, half-way though 1 bb failed to chamber due to a low powered shot previous. It still managed to fire all rounds on the 4th, however slide did not lock back. 

I'm going to assume for now that the failed-chambering is a break-in issue, I will see if it worsens or persists. 

Misc: The mag is a bit wobbly, a tiny bit, which annoys me, so I added duct-tape. Did this with my TM Glock so I'm not too annoyed having to do it.